1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins players less than forthcoming with Ted Wells

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by huck1974, Nov 24, 2013.

1. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
  2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Supposing he grew this hypothetical pair, what should he do? Assemble a team of people versed in locker room politics to advise him? Allow the NFL and NFLPA to investigate so as to avoid looking like he's intentionally hiding something? Wait on all the facts before firing someone?

If that's what you mean then I'm with you 100%.I also think that ship set sail a long time ago.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    They should be punished by having to read your post.

4. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    no they should be cut and the team should go sign some people that has character and suit them up . They probally couldn't do any worse.

we are likely to lose draft picks if Ross isn't careful . that would be a disaster, so someone better be planning on doing something about this circus or Goodell will do it for us.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I challenge people to think this through before they accept the report.

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    aaaaahhhhh who gives a damn about this right now....rocky....sick...where is the freaking game thread.....lets go

7. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Yes. It is just too much for too long over too little. It is silly and never ending.

8. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Screw you.

NolesNPhinsFan and 77FinFan like this.
  9. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Guys are meeting with Wells for hours at a time. They are obviously talking about SOMETHING. I doubt they are stonewalling Wells, especially with the owner encouraging the cooperation with the league office. Anyone who wasn't cooperative likely puts their job in danger.

10. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I find it extremely exhilarating that grown adults can't carry on mature conversations and work together to resolve issues, and that truth really isn't that important. Don't you? I realizing many on this board look at this like some big "setup". So it is important to be cautious and share little or nothings. However, I see nothing productive about that. I do find Csonka's comments about having to have two different committees to actually get people to treat each other respectfully as right on, but grown men apparently couldn't get it right. How do you retain your manliness and act maturely and professionally and not lose your self-respect? Is this what it has come to.

11. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Yes.

12. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    All Ross needs to do is drop the curse.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Blow up sunlife?

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

"Some Dolphins refused to cooperate at all, and others were less than forthcoming, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS."

Ok, so Jason LaCanfora, dirtbag media extraordinaire, is privy to information that NO one else can or will substantiate.... This guy is just about on par with Armando.... I don't buy it. These guys said told Wells what they thought. If Wells had an inkling that these guys were sandbagging him, his job is to come out and say it to their faces and in the public...that would be the only thing needed to jump start this investigation and make it more than a media circus...

Of course, we don't know what info he was able to find out/corroborate from the interviews, just some persons' opinion...

I know the media wants to milk this all the way into the next 10 yrs, so they get more hits/readers, but geez...this is just speculation that is UNSUBSTANTIATED at this point...

15. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The more I think about this, Wells has nothing to gain by claiming that "all players and staff cooperated fully" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-every-dolphin-still-has-weeks-of-work-ahead/) if, in fact, they did not...
    What better a way to "expose" the trouble makers than by making public claims that they were sandbagging him in the investigation process and needed to be more forthcoming ??

It sounds to me like the "Martin version vs. everyone else version" of what discrepancies transpired are minimal. Just another shot by the media of 'kicking a dead horse', imo....

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    What ever, can we just release Incognito and Jonathan Martin and be done with this story already? Embarrassing.

17. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    The cow goes moo.

18. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    The players are doing the right by themselves by not cooperating. It would be bad for their future prospects to do so.

On the other hand, this is bad for the Dolphins organization, and hence, Dolphin fans.

I believe in Joe Philbin, but the only way for Ross to avoid league sanction is to replace the GM and coaching staff, and release Cogs off course, and then try to get something for Martin or just release him as well.