1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins players "dismayed"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PSG, Aug 28, 2012.

1. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
  2. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Do people not understand that this team is rebuilding the right way.
    At this point I would trade Dansby and Long.

finyank13 likes this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

xphinfanx and SnakeoilSeller like this.
  4. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Ridding your roster of all your talent is not how you rebuild...

The idea is to fill holes you currently have, not create more holes with players that are currently already on your roster that you can build around.

How would trading Long away help us rebuild? Even if we got a 1st round pick, we'd have to use it on his replacement... which doesnt net us any gain.

Da 'Fins, MrClean, Rick 1966 and 10 others like this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

But, what's the context.

Is it the good sort of dismayed or the bad sort?

6. Bpk

Maybe on Dansby. Not yet on Long. If Long misses a month (as I expect, as I hope he doesn;t return too early and seriously injure that knee) and Martin plays at least average at LT, then I'd consider trading Long.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  7. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I dont understand why we would want to trade Long. We have tons of cap room next year. Cap room that isnt used is a waste, so whats the point of accumulating so much if we wont even be able to use it all? We need talent. Jake is a suprime talent. Trading him doesnt make it any easier or quicker to rebuild... it makes the process that much longer and harder.

Keep talent you have... and add to it. Why take 1 step backwards and 2 forwards... when you can just take 2 steps forward?

Da 'Fins likes this.
  8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    If Dansby's salary wasn't outrageous, he'd be out the door too IMO. Marshall's salary was part of the reason why we "only" got two thirds. Dansby's salary, teams won't give up anything for that.

9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Why would we trade one of the premier LTs in the league? We don't want to get rid of all out talent. That's not rebuilding.... thats digging your team into an even deeper hole.

10. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    long will be ready week 1, i have no doubts about it

11. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Maybe these players should show their dismay on game days, then we wouldn't be in this spot.

Bpk and Paul 13 like this.
  12. Bpk

Dolphins Players Dismayed.

Dolphins fans disappointed, distressed, agitated, alarmed, anxious, apprehensive, in a funk, blue, bummed, chagrined, discouraged, disheartened, disillusioned, down-in-the-dumps, frightened, hassle, horrified, let-down, panicked, terrified, upset but ready to purchase season tickets.

JDelenne and Da 'Fins like this.
  13. Bpk

Long will play. But not because the knee is 100%.

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Jake Long is going to be traded isn't very smart. He's one of the best tackles in the game, he's young, and he's professional.

It's not happening.

15. Rilo

Rilo New Member

Aug 6, 2011
    The only way Long gets traded is if the front office feels he is getting injury prone. A o line man with a knee issues is a big problem. If he sits out more than 3 games this year i could see him get traded

16. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    Long doesn't seem like the same player that the fans make him out to be.
    He used to be better than he is now IMO.

17. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Just curious, but does rebuilding the "right way" usually take 5 seasons and multiple tear downs and rebuilds?

18. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but I would have to ask where you feel Jake currently ranks among left tackles in the NFL? Which left tackles do you feel are better than Jake?

19. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    BTW, isn't this three stories from Florio today about the same thing regarding our Dolphins? You'd think he wouldn't get that many hits on his website since our team is so bad eh?

20. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Might as well merge this with that other thread.

21. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    Like I stated in another thread yesterday Long got beat by both Bierman and Abraham last Friday night.
    Where he ranks is irrelevant if that sort of thing continues to happen.
    He also used to be a bit of a mauler in the run game and that has tapered off.
    With bad knees and a bad shoulder you may be better off to move him while there is value.
    We waited a year too late on Joey Porter and look what happened.

22. Bpk

I say we merge all the threads into one big *** master thread.

23. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Of course where he ranks matters, b/c it's all relative. If say, Jake is top 3... and you're unsatisfied with the production you are getting from a top 3 LT... then how are you going to be satisfied when the play at LT gets even worse? (b/c whoever you are replacing him with isn't going to be one of the best LTs in the league).

Unless of course, you don't think he is one of the top tackles in the league. Upon which case, I am curious who you have as better than him?

24. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Boo ****ing hoo. If they don't like it they should retire.

25. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    This is the start. The fake injuries will come around week 7. Then a full mutiny on the way to 1-15.

26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Or you feel the LT position is no-where near as important as it used to be in the NFL.

27. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I made this same suggestion on a thread yesterday. Long is no longer the same player he was before he started suffering injuries two year ago. Now he has another injury which will probably hamper him all season, even if he is able to return in a few weeks. They should try and trade him now and get what they can for him. Because I just don't see how they would want to spend all the money he will be asking in free agency, on a player who isn't the same player he was just a few years ago.

I have always felt Dansby is overpaid and I just don't see him as one of the best LB's in the NFL. He is average to slightly above average, at best. He is another player they should trade while they can still get at least a third or fourth round pick for him.

Since I believe the Dolphins are rebuilding, even though they won't admit it. I also think that they should see if any other team is willing to offer them a first round selection for Cameron Wake. While I admit that he is by far the best player on the Dolphins defense. The Dolphins are a minimum of three years from being a playoff contender. Wake will be 33 or 34 by the time this team is any type of legitimate contender. He will be well past his prime by that time. So trade him for a first round pick if you can and admit that it was done because you are rebuilding. Because the vast majority of us already are smart enough to see what is really happening and where this team is headed this season.

WhiteIbanez and Bpk like this.
  28. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Remember what happened when the guy with the coffiure traded Herschel Walker for all those draft picks and players?

29. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I said this in another thread but this is probably the most appropriate place for it:

I find it interesting and promising that despite the issues which have created an open season environment for dissent behind the veil of anonymity, the issue they continue to NOT gripe about is Ryan Tannehill winning the job. Mike Florio added that in. It didn't come from sources. The sources are griping. But they're not griping about Tannehill being a rookie starter. I think that's pretty interesting.

shouright, Bpk, Makados10 and 2 others like this.
  30. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    hell no would I trade Long...wtf

31. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I caught that too CK. Liked hearing that...

32. SnakeoilSeller

SnakeoilSeller New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Shocking, Florio wrote something negative about the Fins, it must be Tuesday. Were none of the Colts players "dismayed" when they axed Peyton, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday and the head coach that all the players loved? I guess all those veteran players just agreed with the moves.

33. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't see a reason for concern at all. We got rid of cancerous players and are building this from the ground up. Certain players will emerge in the midst of all this and fill gaps we thought we had. It's not as bad as it looks. Our team right now reminds me eerily of last seasons Cincinnati Bengals team.

34. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    is he really worth lets say 8 years 90 million for an extension though ? lots of teams in this league get around with an ok LT these days, last year when jake went down, was it really that visible ? i still don't know if it is a good idea to put that much money into one player who is never touching the ball

WhiteIbanez likes this.
  35. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Why did we draft him number one overall if we weren't going to re sign him? In my opinion he's a franchise tackle.

36. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The fans are pretty damned dismayed too.

37. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Our team is eerily a lot closer to last year's Jacksonville Jaguars IMO.

38. Devils advocate:

What would it take for it to be worth it to part with Long?

2 1sts and 2 2nds maybe?

If the price was right I would get rid of Long.

39. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    no one will pay that, if we let him walk in FA, we probably could get a 3rd round compensatory selection, so we would save 90 million and get an additional 3rd rounder

40. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    We wouldn't even get half that.