1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins, Meriweather ... 'Milloy effect'?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCall13, Sep 4, 2011.

1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Remember the Lawyer Milloy signing by the Buffalo Bills in 2003?

New England Patriots and coach Bill Belichick cut Milloy just before the regular season. The Bills -- New England's Week 1 opponent -- swooped in, quickly signed the safety, and Milloy helped pound the Patriots, 31-0.

Could history repeat itself eight years later with another solid safety: Brandon Meriweather? I think it's worth a shot for the Miami Dolphins. Miami will be underdogs against the Patriots on "Monday Night Football."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

This signing would make sense for many reasons, this one included.

2. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Im truly not opposed to it.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

BenVolinPBP RT @ProFootballWkly: The #Bears have signed ex-Patriots S Brandon Meriweather to a one-year contract.

Sh!t or get off the pot.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    To the aggressors go the spoils

5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

6. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

I really don't understand how our FO can feel content with the RBs that we have, and neglect to make obvious upgrades when they present themselves. Can they truly believe that we can compete at a higher lever than teams adding talent while we sit on our hands and do nothing at all to upgrade the team. They better hope that we get serious pressure on the opposing QBs or our safeties will be exposed. And they better hope Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush can effective behind what is still a very questionable offensive line.

7. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    This front office and coaching staff are acting as though they are just doing a job, and are not in any way in danger of being fired if the team does not win games. Maybe they're right not to take counsel of their fears; to stick to their guns and have complete confidence in what they have, so that there is no need to go outside the organization for better talent.

I hope they're right.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Don't mind it. Merryweather can chuck a helmet with the best of them. As long as he's here to compete I don't mind this one bit.

That said, I wouldn't trust anyone named Lawyer. But w/e, at least it would be better than the Junior Seau effect :shifty:

9. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Bears signed him