1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Memorabilia Silent Auction

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, May 30, 2018.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

Carmen Cygni likes this.
  2. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    There's a lunch with Zach Thomas in there for anyone with the cash.

Other ' experience' type lots and a load of signed footballs, mini helmets, etc. Pretty cool.

3. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Exactly - if you have the cash.

While I'm all in favour of organisations raising money for charidee, I see events like this as being exclusive to those with the most disposable income. I would imagine that not many folk could afford to pay a couple of thousand bucks on a signed shirt but quite a lot of folk would actually like one if it was within their price range. I've always thought that it would be good to run a raffle alongside these auctions where the common or garden proletariat, like myself, could have a chance at bagging a decent item for a few bucks and not feel excluded, while at the same time contributing to the fund raising efforts.

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    There are several gift cards in there for hotels, local restaurants, etc. that will end up being a really good value. For example, one trending restaurant had a $500 gift card starting at $100 and there were no bids on it. For you South Floridians that like eating out, it would pay to keep an eye on those and cashing in.

5. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Yes. I used to work in radio/media and there would be lots of fund-raisers. The bottom line is that fund-raising naturally targets those with the most funds, particularly via auctions. A raffle is an interesting idea, maybe someone with a line in to Mr. Garfinkel should drop in a word. :)

6. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Specific items with no bids: https://one.bidpal.net/finsweekend/browse/noBids

There's a Cam Wake mini helmet, and a Reshad Jones mini helmet, each for $150.

Man I wish I had the spare cash lying around. :)

Tannehill Blaze mini helmet at $175.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  7. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Shark tagging trip and a Dolphin/Snorkelling trip. I need to move to Miami.

Maybe I should start a GoFundMe. :D

KeyFin likes this.