1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Make Roster Moves; Crowder, Ferguson Downgraded To Out

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    anlgp and Clipse like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Seem kind of dumb shuffling Kershaw off of ST in favor of Folsom....

jason8er likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I want to see if the guy can play

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

It makes perfect sense.

Many of us here have said that spread offenses liek the Pats offense are going to force defenses to find hybrid LB/Safety players. Players faster than Channing Crowder but bigger than Yeremiah Bell who could cover slot receivers and receiving tight ends like Ben Watson of the PAtriots.

JD Folsom fits those measurables. I don;t know how polished his coverage skills are, but I think he was specifically brought in here to help out against spread offense teams.

That's why he is useful against the Patriots, against whom we play twice in the latter half of the season.

This front office plans ahead, and I think Folsom is the right chess piece to use against the Pats spread offense. Glad we activated him.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I remember seeing Folsom on a couple plays in preseason, and I was a little impressed. He seemed to diagnose plays well, and had some hustle. Should be an interesting day if Barry has nailed this one.

6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    we have a glaring weakness in coverage by a LB, our current LBs can't fix that .... so giving JD a shot seems like a reasonable decision .... i would envision him being an 'izzo' type player on STs .... so doubt there will be a big loss there.

IF JD can help, it will free up Bell in the nickel ...

jason8er likes this.