1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins' Long preparing to deal with challenges

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 2, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    the 6-foot-7, 315-pound Long looked surprisingly nimble in some drills, incredibly strong in others.

"You can see some flashes of power and some of those things," said new Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano, an offensive line coach in Dallas before coming to South Florida. "But we have a long way to go here."

Everything is relative during rookie camp.

Long did, after all, spend his first day on an NFL practice field with 30 players who weren't selected last weekend.

And most of the Dolphins' draft picks lack the résumé of Long, a two-time All-America at Michigan.

Sixth-round pick Donald Thomas, a guard out of Connecticut, said "it's humbling" just to be in the same huddle with the top pick in the draft. Remarks like that only add to the expectations for Long.

"There is definitely pressure," he said. "I have that over my head every single day. That pushes me to go out and work as hard as I can, and prove to people that I earned that No. 1 spot and that I'll earn the money."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...0503dolphins.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

brandon27 and alen1 like this.