1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby searching for respect

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-notes-0812-20100811,0,7224931.story

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    best in the league. pretty bold statement. I hope it turns out to be true. the better our Dline plays, more likely he can fulfill that.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I agree, that's a pretty bold statement right there. I just hope he backs up his mouth with his play on the field unlike one of our previous linebackers......

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Seems Dansby has the desire not only to win, but prove something. Working under Nolan will help a lot, hopefully we see a Pro Bowl year from Dansby this season, and a SB win! (had to throw in just a LITTLE homerism there :lol: )

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    He's got mine. :up:

6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    IMO, there's a difference between confidence and cockiness. And, since I've never known of or heard him to be one to run his mouth, I don't interpret what he said as being cocky. My feeling is he is just expressing confidence, and maybe (probably) wanting to prove the FO knew what they were doing when they brought him. Wanting to prove his worth as it were?

JMHO...

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Karlos Dansby is by far the best LB in the league that nobody has watched play.

8. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    He was always pretty impressive in the very few Cards games I ever watched.

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

As a registered Pro-Bowl voter, a registered homer, and an unscrupulous individual with friends who can write scripts, I will certainly get Karlos Dansby a look at the Pro-Bowl.

10. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

As big a signing as this was for us it was completely overshadowed by the BM signing.

Dansby will have his fingers in a lot of pies on defense and just like BM he makes the offense that much better, much like Marshall makes the defense better.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  11. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Best overall? I dunno. But he is a just as big of an upgrade over Ayodele as Marshall is over Ginn, and that's saying a lot.

12. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Is this a Dirty Sanchez reference?? :shifty:

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I think there are twos sides on this. At least for me.
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I was a little annoyed by Dansby's comments. I would hope to hear more about the hunger to win a championship than personal accolades. Nothing crucial.

On the flip side of that I understand Karlos wanting to get his props. There have been many times when conversations come up talking football with fans from other teams. When I mentioned we signed Karlos Dansby LB they get x's for eyes and fuzz out. Oddly enough I've talked to a few Dolphin fans who do the same. Not many folks know about him.
    I'm sure that happens everywhere.
    I like his fire. If he feels unrespected and it motivates him to get more people to pay attention to his game. I'm cool with that.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  14. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Dansby: "If we're winning, I'm happy," he said. "The goal is to get the ring and everything else will be smooth." :up: