1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins know that Chad Henne won't be content as long-term back-up

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2009/03/24/0324henne.html

Just another article on this subject. I didn't see it posted.
    Wooo! :D
    :D
    :D
    ;)

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    very interesting. so its still a competition or just coach speak....

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    He seems like a straight up guy, so I assume it will be an open competition, as I'm sure it was last year. That's why John's stock value is where it is now as opposed to where it was when we drafted him. ;) Other teams can see this as well. ;)

4. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Coach Speak as well as wanting to keep Beck motivated, as a good coach should do. Beck is still a member of this team that has made an investment in him, draft pick and salary. You want to get value out of him one way or the other. Either he eventually becomes our back up behind Henne, when/if Penny leaves...or...you want to get him enough playing time in pre-season to help raise his trade value.

Cam picked this guy and say what you want about his coaching tenure here, he knows offenses and QBs. I have to believe Beck has value and can play. That doesn't mean it will translate into the NFL, but that is the risk of drafting any player. Good colleges players wash out in the NFL, the reverse is true as well. A guy who didn't play well in school, gets a shot and excels. Look at Bess, better look at Brady, drafted in the 6th round, doesn't say much about his college play.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I know what pennington did for us last year was huge... However i still dont see why its not an open competition for the starting job this year... IMO it should be.

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I agree with sceeto that sparano seems pretty straight up. I will say though given the reports of becks willingness to work and pennys training, I personally think Beck will be a good asset for some team. Might just be wishful thinking though......