1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins @ Jets - Game Thread!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    The Dolphins head to the winless Jets. Is much of a preview needed?

The Dolphins OL is pretty banged up.
    The Jets WR corp is a factor various pundits think is underrated and suspect that the Jets might be able to pull off an upset but ultimately are picking the Dolphins to win in a close game - by less than a touchdown.

How are you feeling Dolphins fans? Old habits die hard and as a fan it's easy to feel that doubt creeping back in. Are you still confident in this team? Still confident in Tua as the future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Oddsshark Preview:
    upload_2020-11-26_15-16-34.png

New York -
    "It has been a brutal season for the New York Jets. Injuries, poor coaching and a roster lacking talent have all contributed to the team’s winless start, and there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight.

Starting quarterback Sam Darnold has not played since Week 8 and will miss this game as well. Veteran Joe Flacco gets his third consecutive start in Darnold’s place. Flacco has six touchdowns and three interceptions to go along with a 55.2 percent completion rate in his four starts this year.

A lone bright spot for the Jets is the play of wide receiver Breshad Perriman. Perriman has scored three touchdowns in his last two games and has the speed to score on a deep pass at any moment. Look for Flacco to take a couple of shots to Perriman with the Jets likely trailing."

Betting Pick: Dolphins -6.5
    Although it is a divisional road game, the Dolphins defense is one of the best in the league and should not have any trouble keeping the Jets off the board for much of this game. Miami may not need to score more than a couple of touchdowns to cover this spread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. ripper1961

ripper1961 Active Member

Jan 13, 2014
    I am hoping they come out fired up by the loss to Denver. The Jets have some injuries and they don't have the running game Denver does. It looks like Flacco will be starting so I think we can force some turnovers.

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  3. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I certainly don't think this one will be an easy win. We're going to have to earn this one as we do any week. Are we really going to let 36 year old Frank Gore turn back the clock and run all over us? I can see it happening based off of how the run D has fared over the last two weeks. I can see us simmering and ultimately boiling over on this forum! "HOW TF DO YOU LET HIM DO THAT!" Flores will all of a sudden feel the initial warmth of a heated seat just based off the anger on this forum! J/K

Tua is going to have to man up and come back strong in this game. The Jets gave the Bills all they could handle a few weeks back and New England (who I think may still be better than us despite records) damn near gave them the game in week 10. I think Gase will be motivated (hopefully that means nothing). Lets just hope he hasn't placed any bounties on Tua! Gase has that resentful 'grudge holder' look to him and when he takes his hat off it gets even scarier as he seemingly transforms into Judge Doom (the cartoon) from Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. Seriously though...Frank Gore? Cmon man! We can't let that Old Chevrolet run all over us! It can't happen! Wait...Yes it can, because we are the F'kin Miami Dolphins!

So...I don't want us to lose to any team, but I especially hate losing to division rivals. I despise the Jets more than any other team in our division. You never know how these games will go! We may lose this on a missed Jason Sanders field goal, or a Quinnen Williams strip sack on Tua! This game could eventually have a title to it that we find ourselves talking about halfway through the following season!

Based off the records, we should take care of business, but as soon as I start thinking that way (as I did last week), we find a way to lose. I was at a Monday night game a few years ago against the Panthers. The game turned out of be a slaughter that we were on the wrong end of. I was also the designated driver that night and the only Fins fan among my friends who went who were Panther fans! The ride home was long. I remember getting up and leaving my seat to aimlessly walk around the stadium until the nightmare was over. I ran into one dejected fellow Fins fan with the same Cam Wake jersey that I was wearing. He looked angry and somehwhat dangerous. We spoke briefly and his one statement rang so true to me. He said "we can't even lose the right way." I don't know, but it really gave me a moments clarity. It took me a minute to understand what that meant, but it's true.

As for our QB....(Such a hot and somewhat heated topic these past few days)! This is a must win personally for Tua. I mean...Brett Rypien threw on them. Threw all over them! Threw a couple picks in the game, but he still killed them through the air. If Brett Rypien can do it, then Tua should definitely be able to right? I mean...The NFL is easier than he thought it would be right??? (His first vocal mistake as a player and hopefully his only). Tua needs to win this for the fans and critics, but more importantly for the team if we're going to make a playoff push. I ultimately don't care how we win as long as we win. If the final is 9-6 with us winning, then i'll take that. However, winning like that wont do anything for my confidence in Tua. In fact it will cause to wane even further. I think a lot of us are just so used to failing quarterbacks that we already have our minds made up before things even get going. If Tua has another bad game, does that mean this whole thing is a failure? No, it's not imminent failure, but it will cause concern that will continue to grow and assimilate into failures of the past. In short, I really want Tua to succeed! I want this team to have a franchise quarterback like cold filtered water! We've been in the desert for too long now without one! Can Tua lead us to the oasis?

For me, I want us to win this game, but I selfishly want Tua to be the reason why, and if this games goes full shootout mode and we somehow lose, I don't want him to be the reason why.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Mexphin likes this.
  4. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I actually scheduled a flight during this game because no team that's supposed to be a playoff contender should be losing to an 0-10 team and there's nothing I should be worried or excited about. There's absolutely NO excuse for losing this game, period.

How they win doesn't matter to me, but I really hope Tua shows Denver was an anomaly.

Galant and KeyFin like this.
  5. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    This is a must win game.

Though they shutout the Jets in the earlier game, the offence disappeared in the second half.

Let's hope that egg they lay against Denver was more about the altitude and less about this team's offensive weaknesses.

6. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I'm thinking the Dolphins shut out the Jests this week and win by 24.

Irishman and Mexphin like this.
  7. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Road division games are always tough no matter what. Will not be an easy game.

I wish the Jets had a win on their record already.

Irishman likes this.
  8. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

9. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

10. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    If Ahmed cant play do we even have a healthy back on the roster? Is Gaskin available?

Irishman likes this.
  11. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    Laird? Breida? This Sunday?

12. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    ICYMI - Tua injured his thumb on a helmet a couple of days ago. He's been limited in practises.

Also, seems like Grant injured his hammy in practise on Thursday. Will have to see how he is on Friday.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  13. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    Ahmed is also going to miss this game. I guess we'll see a timeshare between Laird, Breida, and a little Washington?

Irishman likes this.
  14. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

15. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Oh great now when Fitzpatrick beats the Jets we can all hear how he is going to bring them to the Super Bowl!

Irishman and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  16. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Here we go again. Haha! You're hilarious, dude.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  17. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    I'm not really worried about Tua. If the thumb is bad, sit a week, Fitz can beat the Jets if everyone plays their game on offense.

Irishman likes this.
  18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Tua downgraded to doubtful. Looks like Fitzpatrick starts tomorrow.

Irishman likes this.
  19. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    That's depressing. At least he has a funny beard though.

20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Fitzpatrick curse continues!

Hiruma78 likes this.
  21. AGuyNamedAlex

Sep 12, 2015
    Well the better QB (currently) will be playing so I actually feel more confident we will win now.

That said I do want Tua back in when healthy because its imperative to see what we have in him.

Irishman likes this.
  22. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Its amazing to me that Anthony Gordon still cant get a job in the NFL even with all the injuries and covid ****... i mean really, that kid has talent.. how cant he not have a job as a backup.. hes better than most

23. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Would love to see us blow them out; Gase gets fired Monday. They go on a 2 or 3 game winning streak and miss out on Lawrence.

Puka-head and Irishman like this.
  24. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

25. Phil Hutchings

Phil Hutchings Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Is Christian Wilkins available?

26. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    With Tua I would be a more excited today. Hope the Dolphins can change that.

27. Phil Hutchings

Phil Hutchings Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2018
    I don’t suppose there are many left on the roster from Gore's time with us?

28. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Which is why Gase is safe until the end of the season, he ensures the Jets get #1 pick.

Phil Hutchings likes this.
  29. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Fitzpatrick telegraphing

30. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Marcus Maye is not a Dolphin

31. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Haack the man!

32. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Fitzpatrick most of the time just throws it wildly and hopefully someone catches it. Hard to watch.

33. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Best kicking unit in the NFL, not getting me started today.

34. canesz06

canesz06 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    And the coaches think he gives us the best chance to win. That doesn't bode well for Tua

35. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Are we playing down to the opposition today?!

36. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Read the news...

37. canesz06

canesz06 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I did. Tua is hurt........... AGAIN. Either way, it doesnt bode well for him

38. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    For you, it’s just ****ting on Tua either way...

39. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    How is that a catch? Lol

JJ_79 likes this.
  40. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Guess the NFL wants to see Lawrence in green...