1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins interested in Reshad Jones

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He can tackle and seems pretty good in coverage. Next Y Bell.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    projected 2-3 round. Interesting....... but does nothing to answer whose number one :lol:

4. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    That would be a great pick up in the third go with Derrick Morgan round one if he can play SOLB and D. Thomas round two and reshad jones round three

finsnchips and MikeHoncho like this.
  5. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    the time they are spending doesn't really surprise me.it seems the fo was booking on getting their fs in fa but now that their 2 guys are off the fa board it looks like they may have to draft.and not only draft a body but one that can start ahead of clemons(sp)if need be this season .they've got to get to know these fs's better fast in order to make a quality decision come draft day.

PhinsRock likes this.
  6. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

I would LOVE that draft!!!!!

MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Would rather have B Graham, D Thomas and Jones. :yes:

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

IMO, Bay-Bay is long gone by #43. So I'd go something like this:
    1. Derrick Morgan
    2. Damian Williams
    3. Reshad Jones
    4. Ed Dickson
    6. Robert Johnson
    6. Kavell Conner
    6. Jeff Owens
    7. Kyle Williams
    7. Keaton Kristick

PerfectTeam and mroz like this.
  9. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Isn't d Williams the wr from USC? If he is I want nothing to do with him.

10. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Reshad Jones is a mediocre tackler who lacks top line instincts.

11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Yes lets not draft a kid cause of the school he went too!!!! :pity:

12. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I was referring to USC to make sure that we were talking about the same guy. But you do make a point in that when was the last time USC produced a good NFL we?

13. MrClean

Yes he is. Why don't you like him? Best hands and route runner in this draft. Best punt returner in the Pac 10. Good speed too. Decent size. What's not to like? He is solidly the 4th WR in the class after Bryant, Thomas, Tate, in whatever order you prefer them. IMO, Williams is a solid 4th. Some may say Benn or LaFell is next, which is ok. That's what makes horse races. I know Williams may get a negative association coming from the same school as Patrick Turner, but IMO that is foolish or shortsighted if anyone dismisses him for that reason. One could say on the other hand, Steve Smith (NYG) came out of USC too. I don't know of anyone who would not want him on their team.

USC has produced their share of fine NFL receivers, like Lynn Swann, Johnnie Morton, Curtis Conway and Keyshawn Johnson. They seem to be remembered more for Mike Williams and R. Jay Soward, the less than successful ones, for some odd reason.

PhinsRock likes this.
  14. MrClean

2007. Steve Smith. 2nd Rd. NYG

15. Abbi Normal

Abbi Normal Banned

Mar 5, 2010
    Boomer

If you wouldn't mind

What do you think about FS, Morgan Burnett from Georgia Tech. Friend is all upiddy about him. But I realize that he's just a friend and not a "source".

16. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Abbi, I like him, but he was disappointing this past season. As a sophomore he was much more impressive and he flashed the sort of ability that we are used to seeing in Berry and Thomas. His ability to slip out at corner and dominate the mid portion of the field was very exciting. He showed ability to get to the perimter and flashed good instincts. But last year he stumbled and reached a bit of a plateau and he struggled big time as a run defender.

This time last year I thought he'd carry a 1st round grade, but he will potentially be available in round 3.

Abbi Normal likes this.
  17. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't believe that Damian Williams is in any way the best route runner or the owner of the best hands in the draft.

18. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

well at least Jeff is busy doing his research, he had damn well better be after flubbing in getting us a FS in FA. I do NOT want us to wait till the third round to take a FS in this draft.

19. MrClean

Whom would you say is the best route runner? Whom would you say has the best hands?