Dolphins interested in Reshad Jones

18 replies

mrozmrozSupporterOP
Mar 13, 2010, 06:10 PM

Interesting that they are going to spend so much time with him.

WWW.gnb.scout.com/2/953606.html

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Mar 13, 2010, 06:25 PM

He can tackle and seems pretty good in coverage. Next Y Bell.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Mar 13, 2010, 06:29 PM

projected 2-3 round. Interesting....... but does nothing to answer whose number one :lol:

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Mar 13, 2010, 06:41 PM

That would be a great pick up in the third go with Derrick Morgan round one if he can play SOLB and D. Thomas round two and reshad jones round three

MIm inoNew Member
Mar 13, 2010, 09:40 PM

the time they are spending doesn't really surprise me.it seems the fo was booking on getting their fs in fa but now that their 2 guys are off the fa board it looks like they may have to draft.and not only draft a body but one that can start ahead of clemons(sp)if need be this season .they've got to get to know these fs's better fast in order to make a quality decision come draft day.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2010, 10:12 PM

"#1dolphinsfan wrote:

That would be a great pick up in the third go with Derrick Morgan round one if he can play SOLB and D. Thomas round two and reshad jones round three

I would LOVE that draft!!!!!

mrozmrozSupporter
Mar 13, 2010, 11:32 PM

"#1dolphinsfan wrote:

That would be a great pick up in the third go with Derrick Morgan round one if he can play SOLB and D. Thomas round two and reshad jones round three


Would rather have B Graham, D Thomas and Jones. :yes:

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 13, 2010, 11:55 PM

IMO, Bay-Bay is long gone by #43. So I'd go something like this:
1. Derrick Morgan
2. Damian Williams
3. Reshad Jones
4. Ed Dickson
6. Robert Johnson
6. Kavell Conner
6. Jeff Owens
7. Kyle Williams
7. Keaton Kristick

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

mrozmrozSupporter
Mar 14, 2010, 03:38 AM

"MrClean wrote:

IMO, Bay-Bay is long gone by #43. So I'd go something like this:
1. Derrick Morgan
2. Damian Williams
3. Reshad Jones
4. Ed Dickson
6. Robert Johnson
6. Kavell Conner
6. Jeff Owens
7. Kyle Williams
7. Keaton Kristick

Isn't d Williams the wr from USC? If he is I want nothing to do with him.

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Mar 14, 2010, 05:09 AM

Reshad Jones is a mediocre tackler who lacks top line instincts.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Mar 14, 2010, 05:29 AM

"mroz wrote:

Isn't d Williams the wr from USC? If he is I want nothing to do with him.

Yes lets not draft a kid cause of the school he went too!!!! :pity:

mrozmrozSupporter
Mar 14, 2010, 07:02 AM

"Skeet84 wrote:

Yes lets not draft a kid cause of the school he went too!!!! :pity:

I was referring to USC to make sure that we were talking about the same guy. But you do make a point in that when was the last time USC produced a good NFL we?

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 14, 2010, 09:04 AM

"mroz wrote:

Isn't d Williams the wr from USC? If he is I want nothing to do with him.

Yes he is. Why don't you like him? Best hands and route runner in this draft. Best punt returner in the Pac 10. Good speed too. Decent size. What's not to like? He is solidly the 4th WR in the class after Bryant, Thomas, Tate, in whatever order you prefer them. IMO, Williams is a solid 4th. Some may say Benn or LaFell is next, which is ok. That's what makes horse races. I know Williams may get a negative association coming from the same school as Patrick Turner, but IMO that is foolish or shortsighted if anyone dismisses him for that reason. One could say on the other hand, Steve Smith (NYG) came out of USC too. I don't know of anyone who would not want him on their team.

USC has produced their share of fine NFL receivers, like Lynn Swann, Johnnie Morton, Curtis Conway and Keyshawn Johnson. They seem to be remembered more for Mike Williams and R. Jay Soward, the less than successful ones, for some odd reason.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 14, 2010, 09:06 AM

"mroz wrote:

I was referring to USC to make sure that we were talking about the same guy. But you do make a point in that when was the last time USC produced a good NFL we?

2007. Steve Smith. 2nd Rd. NYG

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Abbi NormalAbbi NormalNew Member
Mar 14, 2010, 09:28 AM

Boomer

If you wouldn't mind

What do you think about FS, Morgan Burnett from Georgia Tech. Friend is all upiddy about him. But I realize that he's just a friend and not a "source".

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Mar 14, 2010, 09:45 AM

Abbi, I like him, but he was disappointing this past season. As a sophomore he was much more impressive and he flashed the sort of ability that we are used to seeing in Berry and Thomas. His ability to slip out at corner and dominate the mid portion of the field was very exciting. He showed ability to get to the perimter and flashed good instincts. But last year he stumbled and reached a bit of a plateau and he struggled big time as a run defender.

This time last year I thought he'd carry a 1st round grade, but he will potentially be available in round 3.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Mar 14, 2010, 09:47 AM

"MrClean wrote:

Yes he is. Why don't you like him? Best hands and route runner in this draft. Best punt returner in the Pac 10. Good speed too. Decent size. What's not to like? He is solidly the 4th WR in the class after Bryant, Thomas, Tate, in whatever order you prefer them. IMO, Williams is a solid 4th. Some may say Benn or LaFell is next, which is ok. That's what makes horse races. I know Williams may get a negative association coming from the same school as Patrick Turner, but IMO that is foolish or shortsighted if anyone dismisses him for that reason. One could say on the other hand, Steve Smith (NYG) came out of USC too. I don't know of anyone who would not want him on their team.

USC has produced their share of fine NFL receivers, like Lynn Swann, Johnnie Morton, Curtis Conway and Keyshawn Johnson. They seem to be remembered more for Mike Williams and R. Jay Soward, the less than successful ones, for some odd reason.

I don't believe that Damian Williams is in any way the best route runner or the owner of the best hands in the draft.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Mar 14, 2010, 02:55 PM

well at least Jeff is busy doing his research, he had damn well better be after flubbing in getting us a FS in FA. I do NOT want us to wait till the third round to take a FS in this draft.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 15, 2010, 08:41 AM

"Boomer wrote:

I don't believe that Damian Williams is in any way the best route runner or the owner of the best hands in the draft.

Whom would you say is the best route runner? Whom would you say has the best hands?

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice