Dolphins interested in Danny Trevathan

10 replies

Finatic8480Finatic8480New MemberOP
Mar 7, 2016, 01:16 AM

Trevathan predicted last month the Chicago Bears would court him aggressively in free agency. They are considered the front-runners, followed by Atlanta and Miami, both of whom employ coaches with ties to the Broncos.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29603894/broncos-want-qb-osweiler-back-exclusive-negotiating-window

Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Mar 7, 2016, 04:54 AM

would love that. bet we get outbid though

testing

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 7, 2016, 07:27 AM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

would love that. bet we get outbid though

I think you're right. He's likely to get one of the biggest contracts this year.

2socks2socksForum Veteran
Mar 7, 2016, 08:29 AM

we should give him 4 years 410m

Winning isn't everything - it's the only thing
In Our Business there is no second place
Either your first or your last

Vince Lombardi

TItirty8Forum Veteran
Mar 7, 2016, 11:10 AM

"2socks wrote:

we should give him 4 years 410m

I think $410 mil might be a bit out of our price range.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Mar 7, 2016, 12:31 PM

"tirty8 wrote:

I think $410 mil might be a bit out of our price range.

He was joking.

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 7, 2016, 03:14 PM

Trevathan is going to cost 10mil a yr plus. Up to twelve depending on signing bonus, guarantee money and length of contract. Tax free Fla will help our case but I don't think we're in position to make that move. Too bad because other than some of the guards not real excited about the FA market this year .

ITItsdahumidityForum Veteran
Mar 7, 2016, 03:34 PM

After the trade for Kiko, Trevathan will probably not be an option anymore.

1/4/16 - Chris Grier : "The talk of dysfunction within the organization is over."
Today - Me & every other Dolfan : "Lies!!!"

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 7, 2016, 04:32 PM

Alonso is cheap. Shouldn't impact discussion about Trevathan much. Might be a sign they realize we don't have the juice though.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 7, 2016, 05:09 PM

"Puka-head wrote:

Alonso is cheap. Shouldn't impact discussion about Trevathan much. Might be a sign they realize we don't have the juice though.

Agreed. Alonzo, Misi and Jenkins, if healthy, are a tolerable starting LB corps, but that certainly shouldn't rule out bringing in a difference maker through the draft or free agency. In all likelyhood, not all three won't be back in 2017 as well.

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 10, 2016, 02:15 AM

Four yrs 28 million... ugghh. Why not then? Its a good thing I already drink to much.