Dolphins hosting WR Michael Crabtree

92 replies

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 02:44 PM

Free Agency. Thought context would have clarified that.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

FinatikFinatikStaff
Mar 18, 2015, 02:45 PM

Offer him a 1 year deal at vet minimum. Nothing to lose. If he works out great. If not then he just gets cut and it was a nice cheap try.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 02:46 PM

"Galant wrote:

Free Agency. Thought context would have clarified that.

I don't think that word means what you think it means......

thisperishedminthisperishedminForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 02:51 PM

Not sure I love it. Not sure I'd hate it if we moved forward. I would rather look towards the draft...but we still have a lot of holes no doubt.

We need at least one of LB / WR / OL before the draft - and pickings in FA are slim at every one. Wouldn't hate it on that basis alone...but it would be a bummer if it kept us from drafting a WR as well

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 02:53 PM

Wow this website is really overrating Clay. Good lord....

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Mar 18, 2015, 02:56 PM

"Finatik wrote:

Offer him a 1 year deal at vet minimum. Nothing to lose. If he works out great. If not then he just gets cut and it was a nice cheap try.

He's not going to sign for that, if anything Oakland will be his last resort to get a decent contract.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 03:01 PM

"SICK wrote:

I don't think that word means what you think it means......

Great film. Great book. Doesn't apply here. It can mean both. Look it up.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

DevilFin13DevilFin13Supporter
Mar 18, 2015, 03:12 PM

Last year looks like an outlier for Crabtree. I don't know if that's injury or Kaepernick. But assuming he's healthy it seems like a decent risk if he's not asking for too much $.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 03:17 PM

Kaep sucked last year and Crabtree still had 600+ yards and 4 tds. Bring him in.

DODolphinzdawggForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 03:28 PM

"Larry Little wrote:

I'd rather the Phins see what happens in the draft at WR and then revisit Crabtree after, if necessary. He is not a particularly appealing player, IMO.

Unless they can sign him to a prove-it sort of deal that they can easily get out of... I'd stay away.

I'm with you on this one. No reason to give him anything more than a "one-year prove it to me" deal, and we can wait on this....not much market for him, and the wait may fire him up to want to prove something. That would be a win-win for both parties.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 03:42 PM

"DevilFin13 wrote:

Last year looks like an outlier for Crabtree. I don't know if that's injury or Kaepernick. But assuming he's healthy it seems like a decent risk if he's not asking for too much $.

I'd say both... As a guy that bets on a lot of sports, I learned my lesson on Kaepernick........

KIKiller CarlsonNew Member
Mar 18, 2015, 03:59 PM

Crabtree was never that good. Sherman was right when he said it. However, if he's not getting much interest then I'll gladly throw a cheap, one year deal at him. They're going to need some depth. I think I might prefer Jennings though.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Mar 18, 2015, 04:10 PM

"SICK wrote:

Kaep sucked last year and Crabtree still had 600+ yards and 4 tds. Bring him in.

Maybe the Bills will give him 10mill a year. Since those are the same stats as Clay. LoL

He has no suitors. A cheap contract may be taken.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

magicapmagicapNew Member
Mar 18, 2015, 04:18 PM

Yes! Make this happen t-Baum!

I'm so Dolphins that my sons first and middle name is Zach Thomas.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 04:23 PM

"SICK wrote:

Kaep sucked last year and Crabtree still had 600+ yards and 4 tds. Bring him in.

Kaep sucked because Crabtree lost his main good quality.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

bg34bg34New Member
Mar 18, 2015, 04:24 PM

I'm all for a Crabtree/Stills/Landry/Cameron combination.

Mar 18, 2015, 04:25 PM

"bg34 wrote:

I'm all for a Crabtree/Stills/Landry/Cameron combination.

This is what is likely in the works. Add Sims as a role player to that, and Rishard Matthews in for a couple hundred snaps.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 04:25 PM

The main reason for signing a guy like this is so we don't enter the draft with a gaping need at perimeter WR. Because honestly right now we don't have a proven (vet) WR who can line up outside and win with even moderate consistency. Cameron is the closest thing...and he's got huge health questions.

I've not been a fan of what Crabtree's brought to the table since he got to the League, but I do like the idea that seems to be behind this. Take a shot on a guy who fills a huge need and is coming from a bad situation. You're banking on his production picking up in a new environment and new system with a new QB. I think the odds of that happening are decent.

He's not going to be a feature/high volume guy anyway. He's just a guy you can feel okay about lining up on the outside, even if it's not a huge snap total. And we don't have that at the moment.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 04:27 PM

Dumb question.......but do teams trot out their starting QBs to throw to receiving prospects?

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 04:43 PM

Pretty sure that happens often... that's how we ended up with Hartline... thanks Henne..

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 04:44 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Pretty sure that happens often... that's how we ended up with Hartline... thanks Henne..

Hartline was a great 4th round pick.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

FinfangirlFinfangirlLuxury Box
Mar 18, 2015, 04:49 PM

"Fin D wrote:

Dumb question.......but do teams trot out their starting QBs to throw to receiving prospects?

not a dumb question, sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. Usually, its a workout with the coach of that particular group and then for receivers the jugs machine.

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 04:57 PM

Would rather have Greg Jennings. Does Philbin hate that guy or what?

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2015, 05:03 PM

Crabtree did well earlier in his career because he was getting more targets.
Enter Harbaugh, trading Smith,enter Kapp (read option) ,having Davis and Boldin as primary targets and not to mention Gore...
He was an afterthought in that Offense. Would love to have him here..

Mar 18, 2015, 05:06 PM

People are overreacting

IF Crabtree ends up here, he is still a better outside option than Hartline.
A healthy Cameron is a more dangerous weapon than Clay.
With the ascend of Landry, Gibson would have been just a depth slot guy. Matthews can replace him from within the organization.

You can debate the merits of Wallace vs. Stills, but considering their respective cap hits, you can't debate the increase in value.