1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins floating Dion Jordan in trade talks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pro-X, Feb 28, 2014.

1. phinator

phinator New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    hes not going anywhere bogus man bogus

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    he's not overpaid pod, why?

3. Roger

Roger New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Well, I guess that's one way for Hickey to get his toes in the water.

4. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    This would be stupid, you build around Jordan not trade him.

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    You don't build around him until he's proven that he's a dominant player worth building around. For whatever reason, he's yet to prove such. I hope he does, but certainly not yet.

crkranz, Rocky Raccoon and Bumrush like this.
  6. If Aponte thinks its a good idea to trade Jordan then so do I :shifty:

7. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kid has HOF potential. It would be mind blowingly stupid to trade him, even without considering the cap ramifications.

8. Marino1384

Marino1384 Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Why? That's dumb. He shut down gronk in coverage and needs to be used more towards his skillset. As much as I love wake, he's up there in age and I'd take a 2nd for him which brings in Jordan to replace him and gives up 8 or so mil cap space to use towards oline

MikeHoncho likes this.
  9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Fact is, I can name legit reasons for trading both Jordan and Wake. Like it or not, everyone has their price. I'm also on record saying I think trading either would be a misstep. Wake is among the best pass rushers in the game and Jordan has so much potential. Those two along with Olivier Vernon make one hell of a pass rushing threat, and you can never have too many pass rushers.

Besides, just because the front office is listening to offers doesn't mean they want to get rid of them. I guarantee both guys will only be traded if we can get a fortune in return. We're not giving away someone as dominant as Wake or as promising as Jordan for peanuts.

10. Marino1384

Marino1384 Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Wake is great for a win now team. He's an instant threat to any opposing offense but maybe only has another year or two as an elite pass rusher. If the team feels as if they can fix the oline in an offseason and become a legitimate contender then I think you keep all three. However I can't think of a single reason to trade Jordan. He's young,cheap,athletic and versatile with a ton of potential and no matter what we get it'll be less then what we paid which is just bad business. We have a ton of cap space with the 6-8 mil increase in cap allows us to pick up not one but two top tier additions to the oline in free agency as well as bring back grimes and maybe soliai. A big factor is also the secondary. Our dline played a huge part in our defenses success and was one of the reason the secondary didn't struggle. If you weaken our pass rush then I think some serious talent should be brought in whether its a ballhawking safety or another corner that can stay healthy next to grimes.

11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Especially with Wake's age, you imagine by the shelf life of defensive ends he has 2-3 dominant years left. If a team offered a mid first round pick trust me, any GM would strongly consider making that trade.

12. I would pass on that offer. The teams lacks veteran leadership and I would not be so willing to jettison a solid mature player especially one that plays along side Jordan where a possible mentorship can develop. Its not always best to go younger. There needs to be a balance.

13. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

14. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Unless there's something going on behind the scenes that hasn't gotten out, I can think of zero logical reasons to trade Jordan, even for a first round pick. He didn't have most of the offseason to learn the ropes, he got hurt, and then Vernon turned it on and got playing time. It was a redshirt.

15. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Go away. Don't go away mad. Just go away.

16. MrClean

There is one realistic way I can think of to trade Jordan. That would be straight up for Lane Johnson. You don't trade a talent unless you get something comparable in talent in return. The Eagles maybe interested because of the Chip Kelly connection. They just resigned Peters to be their LT for the foreseeable future. We need a left tackle. Johnson is young and talented. Most of us thought he was going to be the pick after the announcement of the trade up last year. That trade would improve the Dolphins IMO.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  17. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    While Im not saying trade him....he certainty hasn't proven that u should build around him either.

18. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You could find a legitimate reason to trade everyone on the Miami Dolphins' roster. There shouldn't anyone that's indispensable. If there were anyone, at least in terms of talent, Cameron Wake would be the closest. His age probably knocks him off that pedestal.

19. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Lane Johnson IIRC played really well in the 2nd half of the season. He played every snap for his team, was part of a dominant running game, and an extremely efficient passing game that saw a 2nd round QB put up some historical statistics.

On the flip side, Dion Jordan underwhelmed. Couldn't get on the field as often as he should've been able to. Had less snaps than any other top 10 pick.

IMO, and I believe in most people's opinions, Lane Johnson is a much much more valuable NFL player than Dion Jordan at this point. I can't see Philly disagreeing with that

20. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    what is this about?

21. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Not getting on the field is true. But, when he was on the field he did not underwhelm. He had a lot of pressures for the chances. And we really don't know why he didn't get on the field.

Plus, we have to remember he and Jamar Taylor were both injured (Jordan seemed to carry his weight really well and looked pretty big for a kid who could not lift a lot due to the shoulder injury). If Jordan can come back healthy this off-season, I see no reason he cannot come in and play well.

I suspect the coaching staff did not want Jordan. And, Ireland forced him on them. I don't dislike Jordan but trading away picks for a guy who was not going to be a guaranteed starter or a QB - that was a bad move by Ireland (especially at a position of relative strength).

That draft last year just was not a great draft. If we were this year, it would have been Clowney - that might have been worth it (though he is still a gamble).

No way will Philly trade Lane Johnson. No way. Not for Jordan.

22. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
  23. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Maybe hes a rookie and played like 50 snaps...

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  24. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I know, but still, at this point, he hasn't yet proven to be a dominant player worth building around. I'm not saying he won't in time, but not now. We simply just don't know as of yet.

25. MrClean

Probably not, but my point was to not trade Jordan just to trade him. I'd hope we get something of at least equal to better value in return. The fact that Johnson is stuck at RT for the next few seasons and the fact that Kelly likes Jordan very much, made me think it was not a totally ridiculous thing to suggest. Most likely, we don't trade Jordan anyway, but the possibility gives us something to talk about for a while.

26. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Hopefully Dion will survive the Philbinpocalypse.

27. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    My concern is when you have a coaching staff that continues to try to fit a triangle in a smaller circle. If you have talent you build around it, and last year I saw the defensive coaches trying to force the fit. Good coaches work with what they have and use the strength. I see a level of inflexibility in scheme that I don't like.

padre31 likes this.
  28. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, it is very much a feel of "we know what we like, if you do not fit that, then you won't play"

TBH, I'd keep Dio just to counter the trend in te's being more Wr's now, granted his sack numbers won't be great, neither were Adalius Thomas's most yrs, his value to the Ravens was huge.\

I think any such trade, even for a LT, would be simply unwise and short sighted.

29. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd do that trade 10 times out of 10, Dion Jordan is a special player, he can get after the passer or cover GronK, a LT hell, McKinnie came for peanuts and did fine.

I'd go so far as to say Jim Turner screwed the pooch on the OL, think the personnel did not fit what Sherman wanted to do, think JJerry is a bust, and Clabo is very replaceable.