1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Fan From NY Area

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PlayinHarder, Nov 2, 2018.

1. PlayinHarder

PlayinHarder New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    I have a question to the group, and please let me know if this is in the wrong forum.

I am a life long Dolphins fan and live in the NE right out side of New York. All of sports radio basicly focuses on the Jets and Giants.

So on to my question. Giants in this year draft pass on Sam Darnolds to pick up Saquan Barkley. With the believe that they are contenders. Eventually this fails, Elli Falls apart, line sucks etc...

Jets pick up Sam Darnolds and appear to have a franchise QB years to come.

What is the correct move here. Would you pass on a potential franchise QB in order to have a (That you believe to be at the time) legitimate shot at a Superbowl run?

2. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I think they thought that Saquan is going to be a HOF'er. If you ask the question do you pick up a potential franchise QB or potential HOF'er it might be a better question.

3. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Quarterback is ALWAYS going to be a more important position X10.

They had to have people internally believing in Eli to make that move at #2. At the very least they could've played their cards better and traded down a spot with an obviously desperate Jet's team.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Giants messed up badly.