1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Fall to Patriots, But Success on the Horizon

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    http://www.thephins.com/2009/11/08/dolphins-fall-to-patriots-but-success-on-the-horizon/

2. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Have to agree with ya there. We are very close. A couple receivers, some depth at ROLB, and RILB and we will be a hard to beat team.

Pat White was impressive today and showed he can play in the NFL. The kid is fast. Porter and JT still got some left but, unfortunately were neutralized today. How much more they have is any one's guess .....1 to 2 years.

I just hope Henne's progress is not slowed by the receiving core we got.....because man they sure stuck out today and it wasn't in a good way.

Koodoos to the coaches for a very well planned game plan. Take away the extra week New England had to prepare and we beat them straight up!!!!

We are headed in the right direction. Although pissed we lost, if we got to loose, teams like that I want to loose to because they show how good we really are.

3. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I loved the article. It was upbeat and positive which is always nice, plus I agree with everything said in it. Who knows how the Fins may finish this year but good years are on the horizon.

4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks.

I can't know for sure, but I feel like this wasn't a tough loss for Dolphin Nation to take. You could just see the missing pieces to the puzzle out there. You can see where this team is going. They've got the heart and will and the discipline. Just need to fill in some more gaps. You can't do it all in 1 or 2 offseasons. I've been thinking 2010 since last year.

I wasn't upset with this loss. I'm usually upset and gutted immediately after losses. But this was just different. We lost to a better, more established team. But we were competitive and we are close!

HULKFish and dolphindebby like this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I had the same feeling, I wasnt devasted, maybe because I was thinking more about the big picture, which is what the FO seems to have in mind.

Even so, at 3-5 we're still in this.

6. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    It hurts to be so close but unable to break through, yet feels good to know we have a good shot at having a Super Bowl team in 2010. It sucks to have to wait ANOTHER year [It's been 25 and I wasn't even alive], but we dont have much choice. I at least wanted a playoff win this year.

This season isn't doomed, but they are going to have to work hard for the playoffs. As for 2009 Super Bowl...let's just say make the playoffs, get a Cardinals like miracle. Except the Cards have Fitzgerald, and we do not.

7. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I'm tired of moral victories.

The Conch Shell Guy likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Everyone should take away the feeling they had after our team went into half, came out and executed practicly a groundbreaking drive the NFL has never seen before, executed by 2 rookie qb's, and at times, when they were lined up on the field,the youngest unit in the league...

I felt some kind of good after seeing our team reach that level of play with such young players...The experience our guys are getting executing this diverse offense so early in their careers is going to pay serious dividends in the future...another level was executed today beautifully, pat white did a nice job and thats big for this rook. When the game slows down for this rook, and he starts to see the field in a more 3 dimensional way, you will then see his true talent take over...The cat found that hole and was running for his life, lol, just wait till his vision of the field becomes clear and he can make decisions with his athleticism..The exp he's getting is so valuable right now...cant believe their putting him in such pressure situations... all this is speeding up his developement process and getting him quicker to the point where the game does slow down for him..

Mike vick....i handoff for 2 yards....feel me.

Its all to set up the future, and to continue to give the opponent more on their plate of preparation..

Check this out..You wanna know why i believe in this formation so much, even though it continues to be thought of as a gimmick, because no team in the NFL is gonna practice defending it in their offseasons, as hard as we will practice executing it..We are developing a system, a multidimensional, interchangable offense...

It was the hybid 80/20 in perfect harmony, just like some of us projected over a year ago, good to see that vision come to fruition ya know, and ,our rookie corners were battling it out with 2 hall of famers and a pro bowl slot.

I was okay with the loss because, our team put a serious stamp on our identity, reputation, and future..

9. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    All good points....and easier to come to terms with several hours later.

For me this was the toughest loss yet......I found myself actually posting in anger following this one. I may be a smart ***, but generally not an angry smart ***. I finally realized it and just turned this thing off and walked away for a while.

The reason it was tough for me? This was a golden opportunity to jump back into the race in a great position to defend the division title. A winnable game where I felt there were players on the field playing without same urgency that I felt sitting here at home. We go from being right back in it, to spending the second half of the season with practically no room for error, hoping for help and doing the math each week, trying to figure out a way we can sneak back in.

In other words, realistically....we're already looking towards next season. And after watching us come so close, so many times and against the best in the league, that's tough to swallow.

10. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

The two worst parts for me:
    1. Being so close to beating not one, or two, but three elite teams, and then not being able to close them out. Just deflates me after 2.5 hours of hope and excitement.

2. Having to deal with the Pats fans who live next door and talk smack after every game. Although even they figured out how close we are to overtaking them, they didn't really get after me yet for this one. Maybe they are starting to feel the heat a bit? Nah, prolly just wishful thinking.

But the best part - I KNOW we can compete with the best in the league and have a great chance of winning every game we play, home or road. It's been a while since I could honestly say that.

dolphindebby and djphinfan like this.
  11. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area