1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins depth chart poses tough decisions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...09/06/dolphins-depth-chart-has-few-holes.html

Based on potential alone, there's no way C. Wake gets cut, IMO. Unless, of course, he really, really stinks it up once the pads come on, but I doubt it. Omar is high. ;) I would see C. Anderson as the odd man out. Walden is a good special teams guy and that is more and more important these days. He's also young and may have some potential. A lot of guys on the team such as Jake, have said really good thing about him, so based on his potential as well as his immediate impact on STs, I say he stays. C. Anderson did not exactly set the world on fire down here and he is not getting any younger. Ciao' ;)

2. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I don't see Wake getting cut either unless he is flat out terrible and hopeless.

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    didn't like a number of his predictions on the roster of 53
    Wake will start & be the third prong of the Triad of Terror!
    no doubt there will be brutal cuts this year, have to make contact before you can even begin to predict this team
    training camp is just around the corner, we'll see who's really wants to play
    Competition is the Elixir of Success!:up:

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think Wake would have to lose a leg to get cut.

I also think that Denney may be in trouble as the LS if Taylor shows enough ability there. Gaining that spot might allow them to keep Hilliard at RB or an extra OL if Thomas isn't 100%.

5. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I an loving the fact that everyone is fighting for their lives to get on our final roster... Reason 1 I love this is the fact that each player feels expendable so they will work extra hard to make the cut. Reason 2, this just shows how the overall talent level of our team is rising; which is a great thing.

6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I think Omar kind of rushed through this or else I'm not thinking clearly.
    He mentions he believes we will keep 5 OLB. Which 4 is he inferring are safe?
    According to him Wake, Walden and Anderson will be "slugging it out for that final spot"
    IMO, leaving those guys out of the equation for the sake of argument; Roth Porter and Taylor can be considered safe. That's only 3. So does this mean that Omar thinks that George or Moses are safer than the 3 he mentioned as fighting for the "final spot"?
    So in other words..what is he talking about?
    As some others already said, I don't see Wake being cut. I think he'll at least be given this season to prove himself.

the 23rd likes this.
  7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    1) astute observation :up:
    Taylor is an excellent LS
    2) Friend LateAgain is on the money about the LB corp. I think will will keep @ least 6 OLB's. they can cross over to DE, ILB, ST's etc