1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins control playoff future because roster is full of playmakers/Thomas Vid

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-1217-20131216,0,7898770.story

GMJohnson, xphinfanx, SICK and 4 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm excited about the team, they have shown me some brotherhood and as a fan that's gratifying.

SICK likes this.
  3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I'm not really sure I agree about no weaknesses... I mean, our oline is 2nd rate and defensively... It seems like there's always a leak on the ship week to week. Whether it's secondary, LB's, or DL, there's always something wrong.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Miami wins out and Cinci loses to Baltimore, we're in, right?

HULKFish likes this.
  4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yes.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    for the 143rd time....yes

GMJohnson and maynard like this.
  6. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    WIN AND WE ARE IN. Don't have to worry about anyone else.

Mcduffie81, mnfinfan and mroz like this.
  7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    The only thing that bothers me about our playoff situation is the Tamp Bay game. A game we never should have lost. Quite possibly the Carolina game too, but that one was a tougher challenge, but Tampa... Ugh... that one hurts. With that win in our pockets right now things are so much better for us.

I do love how we've had guys step up though... Clay in for Keller showing that Clay could be the guy all along. Matthews in for Gibson, while maybe not the same redzone threat that Gibson/Tannehill became, he's made some big plays in key situations. Nolan Carroll. Yup, he's struggled at times, but down the stretch here he's played pretty well in place of Patterson. Brenner on the OL...

I think alot of people talk about Philbin and the staff needing to go, (myself included), but you look at things now, where we are at, with these near bottom of the roster guys stepping up, making plays and playing well in the grand scheme of things, and to me... that's on coaching. That's showing that these guys are prepared, top of the roster, down to the bottom. Personally I think that bodes well for the return of Philbin regardless of making the playoffs or not.

8. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    As Destroyer said, we win both games we are in, we control our destiny. How everyone else does only controls what seed we are in the whole damn thing!

Just because this is freaking awesome: The drive of the week

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-drive-of-the-week/0ap2000000300181/Drive-of-the-Week-Dolphins-keep-playoff-hopes-alive[/video]

P h i N s A N i T y and Den54 like this.
  9. mnfinfan

Nov 22, 2007
    Tampa was tough but we were coming off the whole Bullygate so that was a hard game to win. What we have done after has been amazing.

10. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    While I to have bashed this coaching staff at times Im not about to give them a free pass nor am I about to give Ireland any more chances. We had/have some major holes still in our game the Oline while better than the start is still bad. Rolling Tanny out is the only way to keep him safe. We had many chances to get Olineman and Irlenad blinked. We need secondary help Cousins is a liability. Listen Im not trying to piss on anyone parade but our coaching cost us a few games which we should be 10-4 right now and in control. Im happy were relative honestly 2 weeks to go and were still in the discussion fells good, but I just don't think we have the talent to get further than 1 and out IF we make it.

I dont see us winning both games I say were 1-1 in these next two games and we are relying on someone else to lose to squeek in. Thats not good enough in my book. We need to address the GM role and get some real playmakers.

11. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Nonsense. That game, like the Buffalo game earlier in the year, was a game we had the lead late and couldn't finish. They're playing better now, but those two games may yet turn out to be costly.

Dorfdad likes this.
  12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    For me, it wasn't that we lost the Bucs game, its that we came out flat. That was a big strike against6 the coaching staff for me. At the time, I considered that a fireable offense, but I have softened on that and now count it as a strike against instead of the death blow. The more I think of it, the more I'm chalking it up to a tough situation that a second hear HC coach failed on.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  13. mnfinfan

Nov 22, 2007
    True that we had the lead late, but IMO and IMO only it was a game that we would have had a lead late even if we had put in the 4th Preseason starters. But emotionally the team was spent and by 60 mins it caught up with us. Definitely costly but so was the first NE game too. We have had a lot of those games. Anyway, if it helps me sleep at night justifying it that way, at least something does!

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Just win.

15. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    This is a tremendous fluff piece, as this roster is not full of play makers.

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    This team has made plays all year. Primarily you've gotten plays from your QB, which is key, but your also getting plays from throughout the roster. This is similar to what NE has done for the last decade or so. It's what happens when you get players fitting into and buying into the system. This speaks well of both the coaching staff and the FO. I agree that the team coming out flat against Tampa was a failing of the coaching staff, but since then the team has generally appeared prepared and motivated. I think the adjustments and game planning have improved. And we've had several injuries since then, but keep finding the next man up who not only fills the spot, but also makes plays. That only happens if the FO is finding guys that fit what the coaches want and the coaches are preparing them well.

17. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    This is one of the stronger overall rosters in the league. 2 thousand yard starters at Wr, with 2 stud slot guys and a very good TE. Great depth at Rb. The defense has more than enough game changers. Yes, we've got all the playmakers we need.

xphinfanx and HULKFish like this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If you keep talking like this and we keep winning all the way to the playoffs, it's gonna get silly..personnel evaluations is the most important part of the gig....someone can check him in terms of his media policies, he surely doesn't look for the camera, and as I recall when Philbin got here he told everyone that the media would be treated with respect and they would be as accessible as the rules would allow..they even went and visited to the newspaper headquarters.

I want my GM in the dark room..if this collection of young players perform and get in the playoffs , credit has to go to the personnel man as well, and having more cap space then anyone else, has to be taken into account..

19. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    This coaching staff is getting milk from a turnip, and you are severely overrating a run this team is making against some mediocre teams.

Jeff Ireland has done a crappy job of putting this team together.

20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Lots Of Laughter.

I say that just in case you think LOL means Lord Our Lucifer.

There is more of an argument to the coaching staff holding the team back than getting milk from a turnip.

Sceeto and GMJohnson like this.
  21. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    No, there isn't. This team has two standout players on the entire roster. That's it.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    In your opinion.

In my opinion there are more than two standout players on the front four on the defense.

23. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Jeff Ireland is literally finding standout players from other teams' practice squads.

24. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    Wait. I thought Jeff had no authority to do that.

25. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    He does. He just doesn't have total control and/or any type of absolute authority. He's just responsible for the departments that scouted him.

26. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

No feeding the trolls!!!

Sceeto likes this.
  27. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    You mean the trolls that want to keep the single most limiting factor of this franchise, Jeff Ireland, around to ensure that the team stays mediocre for eternity.

28. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

Not that it matters but I always thought LOL stood for Laugh Out Loud.

29. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It means that too.

30. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    lol