Dolphins challenged by Robert Kraft (Pats Owner)

48 replies

DOdolfan40Forum VeteranOP
Aug 12, 2014, 06:03 PM

Per Patriots beat columnist Karen Guregian, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft challenged the Buffalo Bills (and Miami Dolphins, NY Jets) to Ice Bucket Challenge today.

Aug 12, 2014, 07:01 PM

???

invidinvidSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 07:08 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

???

Money and awareness for ALS through a Facebook challenge, not quite sure how they work. This is a friendly challenge. You could also, ya know, donate money towards the cause without doing a stupid unfunny stunt but to each their own I guess.

DOdolfan40Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 07:37 PM

it would be a good showing after the bullying scandal

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 07:46 PM

"dolfan40 wrote:

it would be a good showing after the bullying scandal

....and the murder trial

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 12, 2014, 07:49 PM

"54Fins wrote:

....and the murder trial

And both teams' PED suspensions.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 07:56 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000377139/Patriots-Ice-Bucket-Challenge

Good PR and a good way to cool off after practice. We might want to get in on that.

Aug 12, 2014, 07:57 PM

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1256089EB91111076321976807424_2eb7c0bca77.2.1.9770 983216308236165.mp4?versionId=0uRwXVYAA0dwAb5e3Qzb ceAC8fWCmY.N

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Aug 12, 2014, 07:58 PM

Pretty cool and great idea t by Kraft! I like it!

Looks like John Mara started this, from the Giants

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 12, 2014, 08:22 PM

"Jt0323 wrote:

Pretty cool and great idea t by Kraft! I like it!

Looks like John Mara started this, from the Giants

It's been going on for a long time with the hockey community , not sure where it originated re the sports connection but this has been around a while now.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 08:24 PM

Plus with a donation. Pretty cool of them.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 08:25 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

It's been going on for a long time with the hockey community, not sure where it originated re the sports connection but this has been around a while now.

Same with law enforcement and fire departments.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Aug 12, 2014, 08:25 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

It's been going on for a long time with the hockey community , not sure where it originated re the sports connection but this has been around a while now.

no i know, i got challenged like a month ago but not for ALS It was St Jude. BUt its a cool idea for them to do this with the rivals.

PhinishLinePhinishLineSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 08:26 PM

Even the Commish did it then challenged Strahan and somebody else.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 12, 2014, 08:28 PM

"Jt0323 wrote:

no i know, i got challenged like a month ago but not for ALS It was St Jude. BUt its a cool idea for them to do this with the rivals.

Yeah it's a challenge , all the hockey players do it and challenge several teamates or friends. It went to the media too , women's national team has done it , went through the U17 U18 U20 camps too.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 08:36 PM

"PhinishLine wrote:

Even the Commish did it then challenged Strahan and somebody else.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

And then he fined Strahan for using a Performance Enhancement Apparel (a sweater). Heard it was for ten weeks.

PhinishLinePhinishLineSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 08:39 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

And then he fined Strahan for using a Performance Enhancement Apparel (a sweater). Heard it was for ten weeks.

Strahan is appealing because he said he was wearing a sweatshirt. Because the league failed to different between a sweater and a sweatshirt the NFLPA feels the suspension should be reduced.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 08:43 PM

"PhinishLine wrote:

Strahan is appealing because he said he was wearing a sweatshirt. Because the league failed to different between a sweater and a sweatshirt the NFLPA feels the suspension should be reduced.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Welp, looks like more trouble. Said apparel is not made by an NFL Sponsor. A hefty fine has been levied.

In other news, Ray Rice has been chosen as a celebrity model for Nike's new line of wifebeaters.

PhinishLinePhinishLineSupporter
Aug 12, 2014, 08:46 PM

"Silverphin wrote:

Welp, looks like more trouble. Said apparel is not made by an NFL Sponsor. A hefty fine has been levied.

In other news, Ray Rice has been chosen as a celebrity model for Nike's new line of wifebeaters.

Ha! Sounds bout right! Get more games for wearing Adidas than putting your wife to sleep involuntarily.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 12, 2014, 09:35 PM

If you haven't seen it , you really need to , check out Paul Bissonnette's Ice Bucket challenge. The bar has been RAISED .

Canadian does it right :)

He challenges Lebron , Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson , Rodgers has replied via a tweet.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2014, 11:00 PM

Cool stuff. Put aside the rivalry and enjoy this. I like that Kraft kept us division foes in his mind, and hope we accept the challenge, pass it on, and donate big time!

It's on you Ross.

seabass0795seabass0795New Member
Aug 12, 2014, 11:05 PM

AJ Francis already did it and then challenged Philbin, but I dont think Philbin will ever do it haha

MORE THAN MAN


Follow me on Twitter: @Da_Bolivian

Aug 12, 2014, 11:16 PM

I actually think Philbin would absolutely do this.

seabass0795seabass0795New Member
Aug 12, 2014, 11:19 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I actually think Philbin would absolutely do this.

I would too haha, but its a 24 hour challenge and we havent heard of him doing it.

MORE THAN MAN


Follow me on Twitter: @Da_Bolivian

Aug 12, 2014, 11:25 PM

"seabass0795 wrote:

I would too haha, but its a 24 hour challenge and we havent heard of him doing it.

I'm sure they'll look the other way on the 24 hour rule if the team donates a large amount of money. :)

Really hope we see the whole team get in on this.