1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins brass looking at ILB Rolando McClain

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Apr 1, 2010.

1. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Everyone has their rants,opinions and drivel.Lot's of so-called experts saying this and that.
    None of that here.I want him on MY Dolphins team.
    Don't care,he DOES fill a need and Dansby should teach him well.Yep, it takes care of the LB positions and solidifies our weakest D position,Now we can go for other needs with the rest of the picks. No need to convince my otherwise.
    That's my say.Now go and get me the kid.:wink2:

2. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    But ILB is not our weakest D position. OLB and safety are definitely weaker.

jetssuck likes this.
  3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    All around depth in the LB corp is my point,and if McClain is sitting there(if the Giants don't want to trade up)they will take him.Since we are ALL armchair GM's for the Dolphins,he's my choice.

cobrajet likes this.
  4. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    A great comment from Shulaboy...
    I agree 100%. Drafting LB's, S's and DB's is an absolute necessity - drafting WR's is merely a luxury because our WR's are not that bad, but or defensive sure is. I expect a 90% defensive draft and thank god for that!! They were an absolute embarrassment against the pass and we need to focus on that like a laser.

I hope they get very aggressive in this draft and 'wheel & deal' for the players we need. Shula and Johnson used to really make deals and jump draft places, but Tuna? not so much. I hope this changes. Literally everything we need to rebuild our defense is there for the taking.

If Tony, Jeff and Bill drop the ball this year they should be tared and feathered.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I doubt Bryant and Thomas will be as bad as Ginn and Wilson were. Could it happen? Yes. But that's the risk you take.

jetssuck likes this.
  6. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

6 TD's amongst them, rarely any separation and the next time one of them breaks a tackle, will be the first time it happened.

Not bad?.......that's horrendous

Springveldt likes this.
  7. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I never said our WR's were perfect, I said they were average (and possibly sub par at times) but almost every team that we played last year in the second half of the season burned us for TD's with a long pass or ran our ILB over.

If I had the time I would tally up the points this our faded defense lapsed in our last 6 games the problem would certainly dwarf the non separation of the our WR's. WR's are important but a solid defense is essential to winning, and we sure as hell don't have one - yet.

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    You know part of me thinks if McClain is there at 12, that Miami takes him, I wouldnt be shocked or upset if they did either...