Dolphins 2022 Offseason
545 replies
I’m hearing 5 years $75 million for Armstead. Very happy about this signing! Let’s hope he can string together a few healthy seasons.
"mlb1399 wrote:
I’m hearing 5 years $75 million for Armstead. Very happy about this signing! Let’s hope he can string together a few healthy seasons.
Yep. Per Schefter and ESPN. Those are the numbers that are being run with all over Twitter.
GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!
"Finrunner wrote:
Yep. Per Schefter and ESPN. Those are the numbers that are being run with all over Twitter.
I just saw on the Herald it’s $87.5mm with $43ish guaranteed. Also just looked at his games started over his career and he’s averaged just under 12 per season(not including rookie season). Let’s hope that improves. Either way, I’d take 11 games of him over 17 of Jackson/Eichenberg.
"mlb1399 wrote:
I just saw on the Herald it’s $87.5mm with $43ish guaranteed. Also just looked at his games started over his career and he’s averaged just under 12 per season(not including rookie season). Let’s hope that improves. Either way, I’d take 11 games of him over 17 of Jackson/Eichenberg.
Armistead is a prototype LT. Not like some of the shorter-armed guard-types we've sometimes sent out there to man the corners. He and Williams should solidify the left side, at the very least, if Armistead's knee holds up.
Maybe Linderbaum in the draft? Kick Hunt out to RT or make one more signing (Lucas? Brown?), if you want to keep Hunt at RG. And voila, re-made o-line.
GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!
"mlb1399 wrote:
I’m hearing 5 years $75 million for Armstead. Very happy about this signing! Let’s hope he can string together a few healthy seasons.
"mlb1399 wrote:
I just saw on the Herald it’s $87.5mm with $43ish guaranteed. Also just looked at his games started over his career and he’s averaged just under 12 per season(not including rookie season). Let’s hope that improves. Either way, I’d take 11 games of him over 17 of Jackson/Eichenberg.
Per cbssports.com:
The Miami Dolphins needed to make an addition on the offensive line to protect quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, and this front office did just that. Former New Orleans Saints left tackle Terron Armstead has agreed to a five-year, $75 million deal with Miami, per NFL Media's Tom Pelissero. The deal includes $43.37 million guaranteed, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, and has a max of $87.5 million with incentives.
I keep thinking about Matt Breida when I read about Raheem Mostert signing with us.
"OwesOwn614 wrote:I keep thinking about Matt Breida when I read about Raheem Mostert signing with us.
No reason to given the circumstances are so different with them running the same offense and the coach 100% knowing what he is getting. Not to mention the o-line
Curious if Barry Jacksons reference to a new center is FA or draft>
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Kyle makes this point:
Laremy Tunsil costs around $22mil per year, we could have been paying that and had a better OL for these 3 years with less grief etc.
Armstead and Collins come in around $7mil + $15mil per year. Then the picks spent and still to come from the trade + the cap space from not paying the $22 so far.
Interesting food for thought.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
Kyle makes this point:
Laremy Tunsil costs around $22mil per year, we could have been paying that and had a better OL for these 3 years with less grief etc.
Armstead and Collins come in around $7mil + $15mil per year. Then the picks spent and still to come from the trade + the cap space from not paying the $22 so far.Interesting food for thought.
And not having Waddle and Holland? No thanks.
"Dorfdad wrote:
BUTTTTTTTTTTT
HES going to BE 31, and has had a history now of not staying on the field for long. So not only will we have to pay A TON for him, yea going to probably play half the games.
It's a double-edged sword. Do you want a player who takes plays off, focuses on being safe and gives minimal effort? That guy won't be on IR that much. Armstead is incredibly violent, incredibly aggressive and he's throwing around grown men like they're little girls. Injuries happen when you're that elite, and it doesn't make the guy "injury prone". It means he's doing his job and he's also doing it at a level that no one else can compete at.
Just having this guy in the locker room will pay dividends, and our run game is going to be incredible this season. If he gets hurt being a manly man and alpha male though, so be it. That's how he's one of the best tackles in football.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Hearing rumors that Miami and NYJ are in trade talks with KC for Tyreke Hill. Man that would be killer if we land him!
How much would the team have to give up to get him do we think?
"Wilkimania wrote:
How much would the team have to give up to get him do we think?
My buddy who’s a Jets fan says KC wants their #4 and #10. No idea how many picks we’d have to give up to get there. Then you have to factor in salary cap, he wants Adams money.
IF we landed him, coupled with Waddle, a much improved OL and a run game coach, you have to feel good about our offense going into 2022.
"mlb1399 wrote:
My buddy who’s a Jets fan says KC wants their #4 and #10. No idea how many picks we’d have to give up to get there. Then you have to factor in salary cap, he wants Adams money.
IF we landed him, coupled with Waddle, a much improved OL and a run game coach, you have to feel good about our offense going into 2022.
2 top ten picks for a guy with 1 year left on his deal? That sounds like a stretch.
"mlb1399 wrote:
My buddy who’s a Jets fan says KC wants their #4 and #10. No idea how many picks we’d have to give up to get there. Then you have to factor in salary cap, he wants Adams money.
IF we landed him, coupled with Waddle, a much improved OL and a run game coach, you have to feel good about our offense going into 2022.
Your buddy doesn't know what he's talking about.
I much rather target a bigger target.. two 5’10 guys as the 1 and 2 on the team aint it for me… get me someone that is above 6 feet..
"Vertical Limit wrote:
I much rather target a bigger target.. two 5’10 guys as the 1 and 2 on the team aint it for me… get me someone that is above 6 feet..
With the Seahawks looking like they're in tear down mode...I'd at least give them a call to see what it would cost for them to even discuss DK Metcalf
"mlb1399 wrote:
My buddy who’s a Jets fan says KC wants their #4 and #10. No idea how many picks we’d have to give up to get there. Then you have to factor in salary cap, he wants Adams money.
IF we landed him, coupled with Waddle, a much improved OL and a run game coach, you have to feel good about our offense going into 2022.
KC can want whatever they want.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Vertical Limit wrote:
I much rather target a bigger target.. two 5’10 guys as the 1 and 2 on the team aint it for me… get me someone that is above 6 feet..
Chiefs have all 5'10" guys and Kelce.
We have Gesicki. As long as they get open and catch the ball I don't care how tall you are. They still have Parker, if you believe in him.
"Wilkimania wrote:
With the Seahawks looking like they're in tear down mode...I'd at least give them a call to see what it would cost for them to even discuss DK Metcalf
I do not get the idea that they think they are in a tear down mode. At least not by what is coming from their press. Though they did lie about Wilson
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
