1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins’ offense delivers, defense disintegrates in 29-28 heartbreaker

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    MS4FINS, alen1 and Ophinerated like this.
  2. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Good read.
    It was a loss and a disappointment but there were positives even though the negatives stood out more. Miami will lose games in this rebuild mode but we can hope for gradual improvement while the players needed are brought in.
    As Bill Parcells said that there was no talent on this team, its probably a difficult job for our coaches to best use the available talent we have to be competitive as they try to aquire the players needed to make this a good team.

hugoguzman likes this.
  3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Offense scored well. But they squandered a few chances as well. The D of course is more to blame, but it's a team game, you pick up where your teammates slack off. Convert some more of those 3rd downs why don't they?

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    We didn't help the defense out in the first half either.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I feel bad for our front 7. Langford and Porter looked great, again.

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I realized earlier that Miami should be playing Houston again next season. [I believe they are playing the AFC South next year] I wonder if they'll ever beat those guys.

7. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I'm sorry I just can't agree with your findings, completely. It is a team sport and for us to win all parts must be running well. We don't have a great offense or defense and our Special teams, which was to be a strong suit, is in fact very bad!!

When you have an offense which can't convert 3rd downs, until the 4th quarter, and a Special teams unit which gives the other team 10 points, plus a defensive unit that hands you 3 turnovers; you can't blame the loss on the defense. Not in my book. If anything offensive play calling is more suspect than the defense on our team.

This link says it all for me.

Dolphins fail to build long drives

And I quote:
    I rest my case.:wink2:

8. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    I can only assume that you didn't really read my column. The point I made is that our offense put together a go-ahead touchdown drive late in the game; something we hadn't seen this year. We also failed to stop our opponent from putting together their own go-ahead touchdown drive thereafter, which is why we lost.

There were various other factors (special teams and lack of clock control are just two of them) that contributed to the loss, but it's fairly straightforward in most people's eyes that had our defense made the stop on that final Texans drive (god knows they had the opportunities) Miami would have won the game.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    The Dolphins were pitiful on 3rd down. Our Oline was dominated. It says a lot that on 4th and inches, we punt the ball. Especially since we've gone for it a few times (and have been successful). There were a few other occasions.

Like the Dolphins of old, we're to conservative with a lead. No aggression, no confidence. Put the game on the defense and hope they won't **** up. Problem is, we played to conservative on D too, at the end.