1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins’ faithful coping with a case of the bye-week blues

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    "Hopefully for Miami, an extra week of practice and preparation will ensure continued consistency and perhaps help Pennington figure out a way to connect with No. 1 receiver Ted Ginn Jr. on the type of home run plays that the fan base envisioned when the former Ohio State Buckeye was begrudgingly ushered into the fold as a 2007 first-round pick."

Miami Dolphins "faithful coping with a case of the bye-week blues" - Realfootball365.com

My take on the bye week...let me know if you agree, disagree, or a little of both. Thanks!

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Very nice article, thanks for sharing it with us.

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Works for me Hugo. I think most everyone involved with the team would have preferred a later date for the bye, but you deal with the hand you are dealt. Coach said we had no "real" injuries, but I think those that are dinged are happy with the timing. I too hope that the extra time allows the qb-wr relationship to further develop. Mostly, I hope to see the "fundamentals" the coach spoke of are revisited and help the o-line to better do their jobs.

I remain unconvinced that we can repeat the running success we had against NE any time soon.. I SO hope I am wrong. Nothing jazzes me as much as stopping the run, and running at will. Raylou said something about stopping the run this am that I wish I had paid better attention to... Cold meds have me way drifty... anyway he said something along the lines that nothing is more important to him, and his defense than stopping the run. And that if you successful it demoralizes the offense badly.. yup.. that's what "I" want here.. demoralize the enemy!!

4. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I like this guys articles!

5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I loved the bye week. When was the last time we had two weeks in a row without a loss?

cnc66, hugoguzman and HULKFish like this.
  6. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    That's pretty funny!

In all seriousness, though. How amazing is it to think that as of Week 4, the Patriots are looking like the dog of the AFC East.

7. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I very much enjoy the Pats finally feeling the pendulum swing the other way.
    But I wasn't actually 100% joking...seeing the Fins lose is a depressing experience for me. I have 35 years of emotional investment in this team and on a Monday after a loss I feel like someone shot my dog. It's great winning, and it's even better enjoying that feeling for two straight weeks!

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    nice read. Thanks!

I really hope that pennington and ginn were working on routes and getting their timing down. it sure would be nice to start seeing some production out of teddy.