1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin Lovers/Haters Forum

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by KeyFin, Nov 22, 2017.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    There have been an influx of threads in the main forum lately that are Dolphins related, but don't actually pertain to football. For example, "fireadamgase.com", "Post to fire gase on real FB Page", "You are GM", "I hate gase's offense," "new drinking game", "Stop Crying about Chris Hogan" and "The Jay Cutler Era is Over". None of these threads actually discuss football at all, they're just rants on how we should fire people or mistakes the organization has made in hindsight (which is always 20/20, by the way).

These types of threads represent almost 50% of the overall posts on the first page of main forum at this time with the conversations being started by two or three individuals total.

- Should all members get bombarded with these types of threads daily? No.
    - Should the two members be banned for being overly negative? No.

A great compromise would be to create a sub-forum where these types of discussions can take place without bringing down the integrity of the entire site.

Now, I noticed that the first "fireadamgame.com" was already moved to "out of bounds" and the poster created a 2nd version anyway that's still in the main forum area. (he added more spammy question marks to the 2nd one, therefore making it a unique title). Instead of making the negativity feel like a penalty though by moving stuff to the "no-no" forum, why not give our select few posters a room where they can rant away to their heart's content?

I will thank you in advance for your consideration on this matter.

aesop and cuchulainn like this.
  2. Rickysabeast

Rickysabeast Royale With Cheese

Jul 26, 2016
    Yeah it was me. So what? Isn't Gase the head coach of the team How is that not Dolphins related? This was weeks ago but I don't get why we you continue to profess that only sunshine and light topics can have threads. Your dolphins color glasses shouldn't color my ability to discuss Dolphins topics that aren't going well. Quit your crying dude.

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Well, first off I suggested this almost a month ago. And second, saying stuff like, "Gase is horrible. Gase sucks. Gase is an idiot," that's not talking Miami Dolphins...that's just a negative rant with zero meaning. People have tried to have conversations with you- why does Gase suck? Which play are you referencing that he messed up? But all you/Dirty manage to come back with is, "he sucks" or you'll say something generic like, 'He sucks because of Pouncey and Wake." You just can't seem to put your thoughts together and make an actual case for your beliefs, it's just hate and doom 24/7.

I'm sorry, but stuff like that does not belong in the mains....it has nothing to do with football being played on the field and it should be placed in an off-topic area. I mean, do you really think that "fireadamgase.com" is a Miami Dolphins football topic pertaining to the season? Yet you/Dirty seem to start one of those types of posts every single day. So why not give you your own section where you can freely rant over this stuff to your heart's content? It's better than you guys getting banned over and over again plus it keeps the site arguments to a minimum. Everyone wins.

Fin D likes this.