1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin Draft Blog

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Boomer, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
  2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Nice work dude. Good to see Juan Huron taking an interest in Dolphins football again.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Great article Boom!

im so glad you mention him, because i think we could get extremely good value from him. i like him a lot. i really thought since his freshman year he would end up a top 10 pick, but with his injuries and size hes fallen quite a bit.

Id admit, with the way Tennesse played this year, i didnt watch but maybe one of their games this year. so i cant comment on him until i watch some film on him, but he looks like a very intriguing prospect. can you give us some strengths and weaknesses to his game? maybe a comparison? does he play like Merriman?

Where do you truely see this guy going? cuz i see a lot Dolphin fan mocks hoping he would drop the 5th, but to me, with his potential inside the 3-4, i could see a 3-4 defense reaching for him a bit higher, like in the 3rd.

We differ a lot on Corners in this draft, but theres one thing we can agree on, Corner in this draft is deep and good. i hope we pick one with one of our 2nd round picks. we should be able to get a good CB there with the depth.

Silverphin likes this.
  4. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    oh i thought it was something new . :sad:

oh well. im looking forward to next week though :hi5:

Boomer likes this.
  5. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Reading you talk up Mark Herzlich makes me wish he was in the draft. I doubt we get a chance at him next year.

6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Nappy - here's a pretty decent highlight clip of Robert Ayers. Definitely piqued my interest a little with his burst off the line.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAR9Qb3liRs"]YouTube - Tennessee Volunteer Robert Ayers[/ame]

Nappy Roots likes this.
  7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

wow. :no:

im mad at myself for not watching tenn. this year now. obviously i hate to get excited or grade a player off a high light tape, but thats a different type of highlight tape there.

His burst, strength, hands, and the biggest thing that i liked about that video, the fact that hes a read and react DE. now obviously i couldnt say that 100% from a video clip, id have to see more. but most the time when you see defensive end high lights you see a lot of them getting wide, rushing up field for the QB and trying to use speed to get around the edge. Instead hes running to the OT and reading the play quickly. seen a lot of bull rush, but one thing tells me he would be successful with that is one, his hands and burst to bust inside. that sack against the Badgers was sick. he was probably pushing that LT back to the QB all day, then all the sudden he acts to bull rush and the LT is sat back to far and off balance and bam, he uses his burst inside. when the LT tries to put his hands on him, he uses his hand perfectly to shed the tackles hands and the LT doesnt even touch his body. The play where he plays run on the play action, then sees it was a PA, he uses his hands to quickly shed the OT on his way to the QB. thats beautiful. when he went to rush and read the screen, dropped back and picked it off...read and react baby. exactly what we need at OLB.

i can wait to get some tape of this kid now! thanks! :knucks:

Silverphin likes this.
  8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thank you Boom!

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    No prob man. I tried to find some more, but that's really all that I could really find. Obviously if I had some game tape...

10. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

Awesome stuff Simon... Hard not to get excited about Connor after reading that, he seems too good to be true...

Boomer likes this.
  11. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Very interesting. Between him, Sintim, and quite a few others, we have a quality OLB class.

Boomer likes this.
  12. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Man, thanks Simon, your detailed analysis sure helps me get a grip on the players now and in the future to keep an eye on and learn more about. So nice to get detailed information beyond what the espn guys give, which is often very limited.

I swear if i read all your blog posts about the players who are draft eligible it will make my 2009 Draft watching experience much much better and more informed.

Boomer likes this.
  13. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Boomer likes this.
  14. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels