1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolfan on the move

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dolfanrodney, Jul 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dolfanrodney

dolfanrodney Junior Member

Apr 9, 2008
    I guess this is kind of an announcement I guess. It is not %100 official yet but I am trying to wrap things up here in NY and if I can which I really have no choice since financially it has become so hard to survive in NY I am hoping to be pulling out of NY by mid august and moving down to Florida for good. This has been something I have wanted for a VERY long time. At first it was all about me and wanting to be closer to seeing more Dolphin games but now it is also about my 15 year old son Conner aswell who is an amazing skateboarder and will easily get sponsored in Florida which has been his dream for years plus it will get him away from this area and some of the people who have gotten him wrapped up in some negative things. Kinda a fresh start for us both. He can start over in a better school and live his dream of getting sponsored and I can represent all of us DOLFANS even better. My first destination is the sarasota area when I will be sharing a 2 bedroom condo with a friend, it will be crammed for awhile but I will save $3300.00 there over 6 months as opposed to staying here so it's a move I must make. I have metalot of you at Miami Mikes and some of you I know live in Florida so I hope to rock Dolphin stadium with you all at some point. If this all comes together that means the kickoff party at Miami Mikes for the Tampa game will be my last time there untill I come back up to visit(which im not sure when that will be) so I hope to see as many of you there as can be. Please feel free to keep in touch with me by email if u want, my email is dolfandude4ever@yahoo.com. Make no mistake I will make it back to visit Miami Mikes no doubt but I want to take the time to thank fist of all Mary, without her I never would have heard of Miami Mikes. Also wanted to thank Miami Mike himself, u and your place rock and you were the most gracious host and a great guy. Also wanted to say thatnks to Ken for giving me that tix for the Jets game last sept, you were a blast to hang out with and I had a great time going to the game with u all. And a special shout out to a few of the regulars at the bar, Mark u rock buddy and I will surely misss Dolphin football sundays with the big man himself Pablo aswell as everyone else that. I hope to keep in touch with u all. I am sorry to any of you that were bored by my little post but I wanted to let some of my close friends know what was going on. Thanks again, dolfanrodney.

DOLPHAN1, PMZQ, Samphin and 3 others like this.
  2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Hey Rodney, good to see you on the site.

Hope all goes well with the move, it is getting harder and harder to live in this area with the costs.

Good luck to your son also!

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rodney.. VERY good to hear from you bro.. I am glad you are coming down, I'll get to party with you for sure now.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Is it hard to fly down to miami with a fin on your back?

Samphin likes this.
  5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Rodney

I'm sorry things have been going so bad for you but happy and excited that things will finally pick up for you and Conner. I can't believe he's already 15, I think I first met him when he was 10 or 11. You'll always be a friend and I'll miss Dolphin Sundays with you as will everyone at the sports bar. I'll be there for the kickoff party and we'll rock the house before you leave. Text me if you need anything and don't forget about thephins.com when you get to Florida. :up:

cnc66 likes this.