1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing X-Men marathon in prep for "Days of Future Past"; what order?

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by DrAstroZoom, May 23, 2014.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I'm omitting X3, as that movie was crap. So my question is, should I watch the three remaining movies in chronological order (First Class, X-Men, X2) or release order?

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Why didn't you like X3? I thought that it was really well made, and stayed in the spirits of the X-Men universe.

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    X1, X2, First class.

My understanding is, and I could be wrong, Days of Future Past is like the sequel to First Class and X2. So if you watch First class first, you're left with an unfinished story for two more films. If you watch it last, X2 and FC provide a double cliffhanger to be finished and connected when you watch DoFP. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

As for X3... The movie is a disaster on so many levels. From the story, dialog, etc... I didn't like anything about it. Glad Singer has erased it from X-men history.

93% on Rotten Tomatoes. I told everyone Singer would kill it.

TiP54 likes this.
  4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I didn't mind X3. It wasn't a great movie by any means but it's certainly watchable unlike Superman 3 or Superman 4 for example. It had some decent fight scenes and special effects. I think it's better than the two stand alone Wolverine movies, which the new X-Men movie also erases from its history.

But to answer the original question I'd go with the release order: X-Men, X-2, First Class.

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Is this the DOFP thread? If so, then the movie was goddamn incredible.

6. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    No spoilers! It'll be a while before I get to see it.

7. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Watch the post credits scene of The Wolverine. You could watch the whole film, but there is nothing in it that carry forward to DOFP.