1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Terrelle Pryor make AFC East sense?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Topdawg13, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

2. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    For a 5th or 6th rounder why not? He is a good athlete even if you don't want him playing Qb he could fill a Brad Smith type role on a team.

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Chad Pennington is recovering from a knee injury?

edit: N/M forgot about the offseason injury.

4. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Someone can correct me, but I don't think Pryor is THAT fast / elusive. He seems to be a long strider, which makes me question if he could really have much success beyond a scrambling QB.

As for his QB ability - I don't think he has any. Like...any. If Pat White can't make it, I don't see Pryor having any success.

Not to mention he has a giant ego.

He seems like a really crappy version of Vince Young (physically and in terms of off-the-field crap), with even less upside.

steveincolorado likes this.
  5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    As much as I dislike the idea of VY on this team, I dislike TP on this team even more.

steveincolorado and PhiNomina like this.
  6. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Is it fair to ompare Pryor and White when one is 5'11" and the other is 6'6"? Both coming from different offenses?

7. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    It is if we are talking about the Wildcat position. If you can't pass from it, then just put a running back out there. A big issue for Pat White was that no one believe he could pass from the Wildcat.

My point is that he was 100x's better QB than Terrelle Pryor.

If we were comparing Pat White and Terrelle Pryor as TE prospects, I could see your point. But I think QB is one position where it has been proven that you can't just stick an athlete back there and have success.