1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Ryan Tannehill Throw The Ball Away Enough?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think the problem is Sherman.

IMO, as OCs get older they tend to get lost in their internal game instead of the one on the field. They over think things and believe too much in their system. They've literally seen everything before and instead of playing their opponent, they are playing the perfect opponent that is exists int heir imagination.

I think you get plays like the 3rd and inches against NO, and a rigidness in play calling, when the OC hits a certain point late in their careers.

Bpk likes this.
  2. darefugee

darefugee Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    I agree 100%. Maybe when he gets tired of being hammered he's start throwing it away. We can hope...

3. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    No QB has 4-5 seconds except on rare occasions. It is a problem with the OL but the reality is there are many times that a QB has only 3 seconds and is scanning the field from the get go and releases it in 3 or 3.2. It's reading the D at the start, knowing what will transpire, seeing it unfold in the first two seconds and then releasing it.

And, that doesn't change the other reality - that he is not feeling pressure and moving away from it instinctively. He's still developing instincts. Hopefully those will come but if they don't he won't be a top 10 or top 5 QB. If they do come, he'll be better.

4. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Tannehill would love to consistently have 3 or 3.2 seconds. He's getting pressured just as soon as he finishes his drop back, by then he's only had time to scan his first read.

I think we're all conditioned to believe that if the QB gets sacked this much, he must be holding onto the ball. You hear analysts from ESPN say this when referring to the Dolphins problems, but the thing is, they are not watching the games. They see 6 sacks today, 25 sacks overall, and automatically assume bad o-line/QB holding on too long.

CK has shown with proof that Tannehill gets rid of the ball faster than 90% of the league, on average. This has to be a huge indictment on the o-line. Your QB is helping you by making quick decisions and quick passes. Now you have to help him by giving him extra protection on those times he needs an extra half second.

Bpk likes this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I agree. But your ageism appalls me.
    [​IMG]

Fin D likes this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I would vote Yes.