Does Miami look at Ben Tate?

19 replies

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum VeteranOP
Nov 18, 2014, 11:55 AM

He was just released by Cleveland. I loved him in Houston and I think he got a raw deal in Cleveland.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11896908

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 11:59 AM

question is: why did Tate average 2.2 ypc over the last 6 games? I'm assuming that's why he was benched and cut.
We know our blocking scheme and Oline coach was a good fit for him. Does Cleveland use a different blocking scheme than we do?

testing

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 12:02 PM

No. Was a miracle he even stayed remotely healthy while underperforming.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 12:08 PM

never been a fan, wanted to pass on him as an offseason option, don't want him now, want more reps for that D-will.

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 12:11 PM

I think they should put in a waiver for him. He's an upgrade over Daniel Thomas and they're in a position to give an audition at this point.

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Nov 18, 2014, 12:38 PM

I always liked him and thought it was a great pickup for the Browns, kinda surprised he didn't work out.

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Nov 18, 2014, 01:04 PM

I would claim him.

Piston HondaPiston HondaForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 01:09 PM

Pass

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 01:13 PM

Pass, just keep Daniel Thomas since he knows the offense and won't be a huge injury risk. Hopefully Damien Williams takes over the role as the second running back.

Piston HondaPiston HondaForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 01:26 PM

If he'd been cut a month ago I'd say yeah, it's probably too late for him to have an impact at this point.

LI phinfanLI phinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 01:43 PM

Blount just got released by the Steelers.Not crazy about him either but would love a big short yardage back.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 01:55 PM

Rather have Blount.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:05 PM

A better option than Daniel Thomas IMO... but he wasn't playing well in Cleveland, be curious to see what that was all about really. Health? Poor fit? Who knows..


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:25 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

A better option than Daniel Thomas IMO... but he wasn't playing well in Cleveland, be curious to see what that was all about really. Health? Poor fit? Who knows..

he was decent before they lost alex mack to a season ending injury, since then the line has struggled

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 03:04 PM

No to Tate and no to Blount.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 08:00 PM

"firedan wrote:

No to Tate and no to Blount.

Daniel Thomas lives to suck another day!

:cry:


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Phoenician FanPhoenician FanForum Veteran
Nov 19, 2014, 02:32 AM

Huge mystery. Something is wrong with him. He isn't moving like he used to. Nowhere near the speed and explosion. The guys numbers at his pro day were off the charts great, but the injuries have significantly affected him. apparently he doesn't realize this himself.

If he could be somehow rejuvenated by our staff during the offseason and be returned to his former athleticism he would be a nice addition and save us a draft pick, he is only 26.

He is very similar to Miller in stature and attributes. He may have better hands than Miller. If I were Hickey I would ask the training staff what they thought about the guy and make a decision based on their thoughts.

I wouldn't expect much from him this year unless we go deep in the playoffs.

I've been watching his situation closely all year because I drafted him to be a bell cow for my fantasy team. He started out great but then the injury right away....devasting to my team. I put way too much stock in all the fantasy pundit bullcrap.

Ya, I would grab him with the next couple year's in mind. I would have about 0 expectations for this year.

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Nov 19, 2014, 04:29 PM

If we are going to make a run, a veteran RB is needed on the team. If we get close to the playoffs, is anyone here confident in our RB depth if Miller goes down?
Tate kinda makes sense because I don't think he fit their scheme and the other kid there was getting more touches.
Plus, we run a zone blocking scheme and Benson was Tate's coach with the Texans. If there was someone to ask, I'd assume he'd be the person.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Nov 19, 2014, 04:32 PM

Tate was claimed by Minnesota.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Nov 19, 2014, 04:40 PM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

Tate was claimed by Minnesota.

see ya in week 16 mofo