1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Flores Quit?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Sep 4, 2019.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Honestly, Flores didn't have to say anything. Yet he did in front of the whole team and the media- it's silly to think the he would go to those lengths and share his personal story just to promote a trade.

Who's we? The last thing I wanted was a total rebuild and I'm definitely not alone here in that thinking. So you're saying everyone here wanted this before Gase even showed up? And still wanted it after we went to the playoffs with a backup QB?

Nope, we did not all want that. And I don't think anyone wanted what we have right now except maybe the Jets and the Bills.

2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I mean, we've been mired in mediocrity or less for the last 20 years, while trying to add a few pieces every year to get us over the top, without success. If that doesn't warrant a complete rebuild, I don't know what does.

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Imagine a slightly different path to the one we’ve taken.
    1) we lock up James to a contract extension in 2018.
    2) we sign a good starting OG n free agency
    3) we don’t make the Tunsil trade
    4) everything else played out as it did.
    We’d all be pretty hopeful about our prospects for this year. Fitzpatrick/Rosen are behind a solid to stout OL. We have a young D that’s showing teeth, especially at LB/DB.
    Our biggest area of concern would be where is the pass rush going to come from on the DL. But in Flores’ scheme the pass rush comes from scheming the rushers open, not relying on raw skill/power.
    We haven't sent the message to the players that we’re tanking this year.

If Rosen is better than average we’re in a good position.

4. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lots of fans and nfl people saying we need reduced preseason games... how come i feel we havent had enough? Every team in the NFL posting vids with the “We Ready” theme... dolphins the only ones not ready... its gonna be a long LONG season guys... embrace college football or you will be miserable this season..

5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    5) We keep Wake...just because.

I'd freaking love that plan- add one free agent guard and still have multiple 2nd-5th rounders next season to finish out the defensive line and LBers. And we'd be in "compete now" mode with a decent shot at a winning season.

Compared to where we are right now- possibly winning zero games in 2019...those two players (not counting Wake for me) makes a WORLD of difference.

6. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    This times 1,000. I’m surprised anyone thought anything different. Theres a resin we always folded towards the end of the season. While we had some good individuals, we haven’t been a good team for a very long time.

Adding more bandaids to a massive wound only slowed down the inevitable implosion this team was on a course for. Our OL has been inferior for quite some time and we’ve flirted with below average QB’s for even longer.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah Flores doesn’t look like a quitter to me..

In fact he’s now in the best position ever to build his own team in his way..

danmarino and resnor like this.
  8. Patster1969

Patster1969 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 8, 2017
    In terms of Flores, I just think he's showing empathy with the player - he seems like that kind of person.

In terms of the rebuild, how is the plan that we've had for the last 10 years been working for the team - expensive FA signings, no QB (as it appears everyone has also given up on Rosen already before he's even taken a regular season snap), no discipline, consistent failings in December? We've needed a reboot to reset what we had (I personally thought we might get it after Philbin got fired but no). I'll be honest and say that I didn't think they would 'reboot' to this severity but the future can be bright - we just have to go through some short term pain.

resnor likes this.
  9. Phins_to_Win

Phins_to_Win Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    He might not get another opportunity if he is complicit in a tank job of a season. Even if what we are doing is not tanking, to the rest of the NFL world it is, and optics are sometimes greater then truth.

Irishman likes this.
  10. The Goat

The Goat Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm not sure the firing of the previous HC was as much about Grier in his ear as it was about Gase in his face.

I'll rhyme more later.

resnor and Irishman like this.
  11. MrPhinn

MrPhinn Active Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Yeah, he should quit. He lost the respect of the team with the Stills incident.

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    We'd still likely be 0-1

resnor likes this.