1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Mar 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

OK, just wanted to make sure :up:, alot happened in the finale.

Celtkin likes this.
  2. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Thanks brother :) Yeah, I finished the season a couple weeks ago. I am eager to see where next season takes the series and if Tennant will indeed be back and, if so, how they spin the the last regeneration.

3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Tennant is definitely back next season. That's one of the reasons they scaled back to four specials in 2009: to allow him to do the show and still do his Shakespeare stint. As for 2010 ... Who knows?

4. ILPhinFan88

I read on a Dr. Who forum that they plan on doing breaks like this in the future also to keep the Dr. Who viewers from getting bored and to keep it going longer.

5. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Guys, what is the common opinion from what you have read about how they salvage the regeneration? Will he come back as Tennent? Will Captain Jack take control of the tardis and go back in time with the Doctor and companions on board to a time just before the Doctor is ambushed by the Dalek? Was it all just a dream sequence? :lol:

This should be interesting.

6. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I thought you saw the finale already.

7. ILPhinFan88

Yeah, Celt check again it doesnt sound like you have seen the finale. BBC acted like Stolen Earth was gonna be the finale but they had another episode after that and kept everything secret until after it aired.

This is the start of it, have you seen this episode?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eMQHzTNf7vI

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
    Celtkin likes this.
  8. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    No brother. *smacks head* I got sucked in :lol:

I will be watching tonight.

Thanks guys!

9. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Three out of four 2009 specials scheduled

The Doctor Who News Page

10. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    great link, thanks Steve

11. ILPhinFan88

12. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Interesting David Tennant nugget from a story handicapping various villains' chances of showing up in the next Chris Nolan Batman movie:

:up:

ILPhinFan88 likes this.
  13. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php

14. ILPhinFan88

15. ILPhinFan88

Torchwood tidbit....

SDCC: Torchwood Star Up for Captain America?

John Barrowman, the star of "Torchwood," was just asked moments ago at the San Diego Comic-Con panel if there was any possibility that he would be playing Captain America in the upcoming feature film.

He smiled and gave the stock answer that he'd love to play the character and that Captain America has always been his favorite comic book superhero. Clearly, though, the notion did not take him by surprise and he ended up admitting there had been discussions with his agents and meetings on that very issue.

What do you think? Though maybe not the star-power that the studio might be looking for, Barrowman certainly fits the bill. We'll bring you more news as it develops.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47145

16. ILPhinFan88

BEEB bosses are more hopeful than ever that David Tennant WILL stay on as Doctor Who — after wooing him with a £1.5million deal.

They had feared the Scot, 37, was sure to quit after filming four more specials of the BBC1 sci-fi hit.

But last night a source said he could stay as the Timelord for the fifth series to be screened in 2010.

As TV Biz revealed, show boss Russell T Davies quit and has been replaced by top writer Steven Moffatt.

The source said: “It will be a new team and David has to meet everyone to make a final decision.

“But we’re gearing up to offer him a massive deal. He’s interested. Everyone thought he was going, but it’s not as open and shut as that.”

Filming would not start until autumn 2009, but bosses are believed to want a deal by this autumn.

The actor is making four specials this year instead of a series as he is also playing Hamlet at the Royal Shakespeare Company.

The Christmas episode is now finished.

David’s real-life love Georgia Moffett, 23, returns as his daughter Jenny for one of the Who specials.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1437685.ece

Celtkin likes this.
  17. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    That would be awesome, IMO.

18. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Dating his "daughter" -- I can't say I blame him. She's a hottie.:hi5:

[​IMG]

19. ILPhinFan88

Finale tonight on SciFi

20. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Here is a write up in CNN online about Tennent's Hamlet:

Doctor Who and Capt. Picard do Shakespeare

21. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
  22. Whitedolphin54

Whitedolphin54 From the land of legends Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    I have seen Romeo and Juliet there. I would imagine that Tennent would be very good in his role in Hamlet. I heard them talk about it on the radio this morning. They were saying that it must be funny for Tennent and Stewart on stage looking out into the audience, and seeling loads of people dressed as Cybermen and Clingons looking back at them :lol:

23. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks Malcolm..
    yea, me too Steve, I just told my son when I win the lotto tonight, we're going.

Brian, that's pretty awesome to take in a show "there", as a thespian, I would be in total awe.

Celtkin likes this.
  24. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
  25. ILPhinFan88

WOW :)

Tennant Mulls Who Movie

The British Daily Telegraph reported that David Tennant is in negotiations to play the lead role in a new film version of the hit U.K. TV series Doctor Who.

The actor, who is currently only contracted for five more episodes, has reportedly agreed to star as the Doctor in a full fifth season in 2010 if the big-screen role can be added to a new deal, the newspaper reported.

BBC managers are seeking funding for the film, according to The Sun newspaper. A corporation source said: "For ages, BBC Worldwide held the rights and were planning to make a movie, but it got held up, and former BBC1 boss Lorraine Heggessey decided to bring back the TV series in 2005. But everyone is keen now and the fans are clamoring. Part of David's conundrum is that he wants to do films, so this looks like it would solve both issues."

Russell T. Davies, the outgoing producer and writer of the program, said he would like Catherine Zeta Jones to play the Doctor's companion in a film version.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=59950

Celtkin likes this.
  26. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Interesting.

27. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Doctor Who sighting????

So there I was, taking video on the Notre Dame campus. Then my cell phone went off.

Or WAS it???

[​IMG]

28. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrG3IDZgn4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTOF8Z474oY[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_POhCSqO5k[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c831Ke5jBpI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZte73npgSU[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX-oVR1qiKA[/ame]

29. ILPhinFan88

Doctor Who Christmas Special Preview Children In Need 2008 "The Next Doctor"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiPaJ2lyNM]YouTube - Doctor Who Christmas Special Preview Children In Need 2008 "The Next Doctor"[/ame]

Celtkin likes this.
  30. ILPhinFan88

31. ILPhinFan88

Friday, 2 January 2009

The name of the actor who will replace David Tennant in Doctor Who will be announced on Saturday.

Tennant said in October that he would stand down from the show after filming four special episodes in 2009.

His replacement - the eleventh Doctor of the TV series - will be revealed in a Doctor Who Confidential programme on BBC One at 1735 on 3 January.
    The casting was confirmed over Christmas and filming for the 2010 series begins in the summer.

Tennant is due to begin shooting the first of his four specials this month, just weeks after surgery on his back.

David Tennant says he is envious of his replacement, whose 'life will change'
    The last of these episodes is expected to run in early 2010.

'Nail-biting Christmas'

The casting decision has been a priority for the show's new creative team, led by executive producers Steven Moffat and Piers Wenger.

The BBC said that in Saturday's Doctor Who special "the actor playing the new Doctor will be giving his or her initial reaction" to becoming TV's most famous time traveller.

Wenger, head of drama at BBC Wales, said: "We believe the actor is going to bring something very special to the role and will make it absolutely their own.

Celtkin likes this.
  32. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Celtkin and cnc66 like this.
  33. ILPhinFan88

34. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    This says it is the 2006 special but this preview on Veoh seems to be the same one that you previewed here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiPaJ2lyNM"]http://www.veoh.com/videos/v17056023Aqw2GtmD?source=searchVideoRec-mll[/ame]

The full version is downloadable on the same page.

35. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Based on the brief interview snippet I saw, he seems to have the right je ne c'est quoi to pull off the role, even if he seems a bit young.

36. ILPhinFan88

A Doctor Who movie is in the works, but not clear if David Tennant will star

A feature film based on BBC's hit sci-fi series Doctor Who is in the works, according to the BBC.

A spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that "a script is in development," the BBC reported in a story about David Tennant's upcoming guest appearance as the Time Lord in the Doctor Who spinoff series The Sarah Jane Adventures.

BBC entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba said there were no guarantees a film would be made; if the project went into full production, a release would be a long time coming. It's also unclear whether Tennant or another actor would fill the title role.

In the meantime, Tennant, 38, will appear over two episodes of a new 12-part Sarah Jane show, which starts in September, the BBC reported.

Russell T. Davies, executive producer of The Sarah Jane Adventures and Doctor Who, said it would be a "full-on appearance" and "not just a cameo."

In the mothership series, Tennant is being replaced by Matt Smith, 26, who will appear as the 11th Doctor next year.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/a-doctor-who-movies-is-in.php

37. syborg

syborg New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Taunton, United Kingdom
    Good to see such love for our very own Dr Who across the pond :up:

38. ILPhinFan88

I've been watchin Dr. Who since the early 80's when PBS was showing the Tom Baker years :up:

cnc66 likes this.
  39. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I wonder if this is what might get Chris Eccleston back involved? That would be AWESOME!

Absolutely. I tell my friends to imagine the impact of Star Trek in the U.S. and measure half again, and that is what Doctor Who has been to the U.K.

I had a brief dalliance with it in the mid 80's, but didn't really get involved until the aforementioned Mr. Eccleston.

40. syborg

syborg New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Taunton, United Kingdom
    The 1st Dr I saw was Jon Pertwee when i was very young but it was Tom Baker who was 'my doctor' with Peter Davidson to follow. . it really went down hill very quickly after these 2 but this recent incarnation of Eccleston and Tennent is brilliant. . Tennent is now, for me anyway, the best doctor ever. . shame he is going but understand his reasons. . still missing Rose Tyler. . AKA Billie Piper. . grrr. . .pant pant. .:up:

cnc66 likes this.