1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Mar 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Dont forget the new season starts on SciFi in a couple of weeks. Also they will have the Sarah Jane Adventures.

"I saw amazing things out there in space. But there is strangeness to be found wherever you turn. Life on Earth can be an adventure too … you just need to know where to look!" — Sarah Jane Smith

The Sarah Jane Adventures features Sarah Jane Smith, a companion of the Third and Fouth incarnations of the Doctor from the original series of Doctor Who. Elisabeth Sladen reprises her role and is back in action, discovering alien plots to take over the world, or simply helping lost extraterrestrials get home.

Aided by her new young friend, Maria Jackson (Yasmin Paige), and her newly (and genetically engineered) adopted son Luke Smith (Tommy Knight), Sarah Jane has no problem taking on any challenge!

http://www.scifi.com/sarahjaneadventures/

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    didn't the Doctor fix K-9 for her..

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Kidnve a funny question...is there anyway for me to watch the honerable Doctor without have the Sci-Fi channel?

4. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    beg a copy from me...

5. ILPhinFan88

It is also on BBC America

6. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Still doesnt help much bro....but thanks.:wink2:

7. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

You already know its gonna come down to that dont you....:unsure:

8. ILPhinFan88

How about Netflix, they have them also

9. ILPhinFan88

The Sarah Jane Adventures start this friday night, DR. WHO starts on the 18th. Sorry AZ

Celtkin likes this.
  10. ILPhinFan88

Season 2 marathon on SciFi channel tonight.

11. ILPhinFan88

Not to bad, lets see where it goes. It has the family appeal to it, thats why all the big changes to Torchwood they wanted to go away from the adult theme to a more family friendly show. It's gonna be a different show without those charectors.

12. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I love me some Doctor Who :D

13. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Thanks brother. I would have missed it had you not bumped this thread. I am in your debt.

14. ILPhinFan88

It was nice to see K9 again, hopefully he gets a bigger role.

15. ILPhinFan88

I know there is a few of us on here. :up:

16. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Duhhhh....Of course I am an idiot... I DO get the Sci-Fi channel

Sarah Jane Adventures is on right now..Now I have to decide between my D-backs and this..

Thanks for the insight ILPF88. It will take some catching up to do. I havent watched Dr Who for ohhhhh......15 years or so, and I DO miss it. I am sure I will be logging on here to find out wtf:up:

17. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    azfinfanmang likes this.
  18. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Netflix has the new ones plus an exhaustive collection of the classics -- many available for instant viewing, if your PC's got enough punch.

19. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    ::sigh::

Rose.

So. Freaking. Hot.

20. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
  21. ILPhinFan88

Doctor Who Micro Universe, from Character Options, is really a game system that looks similar to the HeroClix gaming figures that have been very popular of late. Micro-Universe ships, recently released by Character, distributed in the United States by Underground Toys, include one game piece with each of six models of spaceships seen in the new series. Each miniature ship comes with an exclusive Doctor Who mini-figure (which stands just over an inch tall) that can be used in the gaming system, which features simple stat-based combat based on the rolling of a die (or, in this case, the spinning of a dreidel-like TARDIS console with numbers).

The six ships available are:

—Slitheen Cruiser, which we see in season one's "Aliens of London" when mankind's first encounter with an alien spacecraft sees this ship collide with Big Ben's clock tower and crash into the Thames. The Slitheen Cruiser comes with a pig alien play piece.

—Captain Jack's Chula Ship, from season one's "The Empty Child," introducing the character of Captain Jack (later seen in Torchwood), a renegade Time Agent, and his stolen time ship. Comes with a Captain Jack play piece.

—The S.S. Madame de Pompadour, an unusual key-shaped spaceship named after a famous French lady in a superior second-season episode called "The Girl in the Fireplace," in which a ship's clockwork crew seem to be keeping an eye on an 18th-century French child. Comes with a Madame de Pompadour play piece.

—Sanctuary Base Rocket, from the season two episode "The Impossible Planet," which is situated on a planet in orbit around a black hole. Comes with the Doctor in a spacesuit.

—Judoon Patrol Ship, from season three's opening episode "Smith and Jones," in which rhinoceros-like Judoon police track a dangerous alien to Earth and deposit a London hospital on the moon in order to arrest her. This ship comes with a Judoon captain figure.

—The TARDIS, of course. This is a miniature version of the TARDIS, the Doctor's time capsule. This one comes with a Doctor play piece.

The ships are not to scale with the play figures, and are not used in gameplay. These packages will appeal to Doctor Who collectors, as well as to Micro-Universe game players, as each exclusive figure is not available in other game-piece packs. That's some clever marketing at work.

Each ship comes packaged in a colorful box with images from the particular episodes, and of the other toys in the line, as well as other game pieces that can be purchased. Included in each is a sheet of simple instructions and a brightly colored fan-fold sheet with the game's rules and a checklist of figures available for play.

[​IMG]

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/cool/sfw18815.html

22. ILPhinFan88

Check this out. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Hmmmph. A review of the game itself would have been helpful.

24. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007

heck, if you are the Time Lord, just go back and do it over until you win!

25. ILPhinFan88

It's SciFi friday, Sarah Jane at 7, Dr. Who at 7:30 and BSG at 9

26. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    be there or be square

27. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    :woot:

28. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    So ... what'd everybody think?

29. ILPhinFan88

It's on the DVR, havent had a chance to see it yet.

Here is something interesting I found while looking up stuff about the Sarah Jane Adeventures.

K-9 (once again played by John Leeson) appeared for a brief cameo in the series premier and also in the season one finale, but did not appear in the remainder of the series due to licensing conflicts with the new K-9 series in development. He is said to be on a special mission which takes him away from Sarah's presence for an unspecified period of time.

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures

30. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I'm dying to talk about this season, but I don't want to issue any spoilers. Gahhh!!

31. ILPhinFan88

They've been good, how about the end of the last episode. :up:

32. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Oh yeah. Loved that cameo. ::sigh::

BTW ... I really think Donna is making a great companion this time around. The fact there are no romantic overtones create a better chemistry.

33. ILPhinFan88

Episodes this year

Planet of the Ood
    The Sontaran Stratagem, Martha is back
    The Poison Sky
    The Doctor's Daughter- On the planet Messaline, in the middle of an endless war, the Doctor meets the most important woman of his life.

[​IMG]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/

34. ILPhinFan88

Hey Doc its Friday :up:

35. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    :woot:

Don't know if you Who fans have seen this (I just found it yesterday), but it's the 8-minute Children In Need special "Time Crash," with a guest appearance by the Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison). It's funny, charming and poignant. Also, if you look to the links on the right, you can find a "Time Crash Special Edition," which sets up the story from the Fifth Doctor's point of view.

Time Crash

Celtkin likes this.
  36. ILPhinFan88

The Unicorn and the Wasp- In 1926, Agatha Christie disappeared for 10 days. Was it amnesia? A nervous breakdown? Or a Giant Alien Wasp..?

37. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I just finished watching this season up to The Doctor's Daughter. Great episode. It turns out Georgia Moffett, the actress who plays the Doctor's daughter is the real daughter of Peter Davidson.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ILPhinFan88 likes this.