1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have something to say about this?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    So first you say it's different than what I say hence the link but now we are saying the same thing? Those routes to Hartline such as the 10 yard hitch are not hot routes but go ahead and continue to tell yourself you have a clue.

And if the best you can come up with is two issues spelling as I type on my phone then you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, especially as you flip flop sides after realizing you made no sense to begin with. It always nice to see the mind struggle to come up with points relevant to the topic after realizing the argument just isn't for them. And I don't attack every word you say; it's just the nonsensical jibberish you call sentences from time to time. You wrote it, not me. Just try not to make it too easy next time.

And between you and Forrest I don't know how the phrase "good people" got in there, but hey as they say: reach for the stars.

Don't let the fact I have an IQ and have played football at a high level irk you too much. Some people are just capable of doing more. I'm sure one day you'll get there. :up:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Hiruma78, Fin D, resnor and 1 other person like this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Hey, you guys keep kumbaya'ing on Tanny, that's fine. It's your prerogative. Doesn't matter what happens in here. Only thing that matters is what he puts on the field on Sundays.

We've gone over this a million times. Weddle said he couldn't handle the offense they tried at the beginning of the year. No huddle, fast paced, pass happy offense.

That alone is not enough to infer anything, because he doesn't know if Gase stripped those things because of Tanny, because of the oline, or the skills players, or any combination of the above. But Gase, who spent all year defending Tanny with the tip of the sword, even resorting to outright lying, didn't defend Tanny. But make of that what you will.

(and he did lie before, don't make me pull the quotes)

The Ravens are one of the best coached teams in the NFL. Before the game, either Harbaugh or the players told Rich Gannon Tannehill struggles with his progressions. Weddle said what he said. And Jimmy Smith after the game said they were successful in confusing Tannehill. Said Tanny didn't know if they were in cover 1, or cover 2. So if he's on the best at pre and post reads, the Ravens are better at disguising it.

No anonymous sources. Just quoting the guys who are the best in the business, and do this for millions a year.

The good teams will study what the Ravens did. Gase is smart, so I have confidence he'll have a plan (he had a plan for the Ravens, a new one, but it didn't work out well).

He's had one year in Gase's offense. He showed some promise. Year 2 is going to be exciting.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    dolphin25 likes this.
  3. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Is this true? Do you have the numbers to back this up?

4. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    To open the 2nd half vs the Pats we went into hurry up, and it resulted in a TD.

5. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yeah but they didn't scrap it completely before even with Tanny I don't believe. They simplified the offense and reduced the no-huddle, but I don't think it was scrapped. This is where the stats would be very illuminating.

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You keep bringing up the Weddle thing, as if it means something. I, and others, view Gase' s comments on that as sarcasm, not an admission that Weddle was correct. Frankly, I think the sarcasm view is more accurate.

But, we still end up at the same point, Gase and other coaches have said over the years that Tannehill is smart and capable. You guys keep trying to attribute any negative thing to Tannehill, with little to no credible evidence to back it up.

eltos_lightfoot, danmarino and Fin D like this.
  7. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Not sure who your source is, but we had multiple insiders telling us to the contrary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdang307 likes this.
  8. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014

LOL! So now you believe that an NFL player's opinion does matter?

Fin D likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No we didn't.

danmarino likes this.
  10. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Yeah, I don't recall any insiders here saying that either.

11. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I'm not sure how to get those stats, but the hurry up O was put away early on, they still ran the 2 min O, so they still had a "no huddle" O, but it wasn't used as a weapon, so to speak.

12. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    This isn't proving or disproving your overall point, but you can get aggregate (so not game-by-game) no-huddle stats by looking at the splits for different QB's at PFR (at the very bottom):
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00/splits/2016/
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01/splits/2016/

Tannehill had 55 passing attempts out of 389 as "no-huddle", while Moore had 2 out of 87 as "no-huddle". So at least by however they're characterizing "no-huddle" Moore didn't have many of them.

Pauly and danmarino like this.
  13. roy_miami

roy_miami Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    If Tannehill had full audible authority then why does he need the coach to make this change? Why wouldn't Tannehill recognize the issues and get into a better play? I guarantee Peyton Manning never needed his audible ability throttled back because of receivers or whatever, because Manning would make sure they were getting it in practice or he would scrap it. So why does our QB need the coach to step in?

dolphin25 and jdang307 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.