Do you feel comfortable with this team?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    They have the best garbage yards passing game in the league. Dolphins didn't even allow them that.

Springveldt likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Pretty amazing that the one name not mentioned as being a concern on the OL is Austin Jackson.

The_Dark_Knight and dolphin25 like this.
  3. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    was going to say the same thing. Riley played really well. No more injuries needed though :)

Tin Indian likes this.
  4. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Coaching matters, but physically that dude has transformed himself too

Tin Indian and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I’m sure it’s a combination of things, including the fact that his fifth year option was not picked up. It may have taken far longer to recover fully from the bone marrow surgery in order to be able to perform at an NFL level.

dolphin25 likes this.
  6. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Don’t shoot the messengers.
    Interesting

7. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The one he shows isn't the worse one. It's really splitting hairs. I was wondering when someone would point this out, It's worse when Hill goes behind Tua, he's moving forward way earlier. He does it quite often.

dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  8. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    If they don’t call it, it’s not cheating and we’re not the only ones doing it, so it‘s not like we’re the Cheatriots. When it comes to playoff football, I‘m not concerned (excluding injuries) we scored plenty last year and that without Tua. Don’t like the guy, he should stick to his Cowboys…

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Not Barry again, this guy never has a good take on anything.

KeyFin, dolphin25 and Rick 1966 like this.
  10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007

Rick 1966 and Striking like this.
  11. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I get what Cunningham is saying however…

There is that grey area. Take for instance ineligible receiver downfield. No offensive lineman can be downfield from the line of scrimmage but there is that 1 yard grey area.

Same thing applies here. This is like the CFL where the receiver is getting a 5 yard head start run towards the LoS before the ball is snapped. Hill is merely turning towards the LoS before the ball is snapped.

Letter of the law and spirit of the law. I think the Dolphins are ok here.

dolphin25 likes this.
  12. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    That's due to us so often having a large lead. The primary difference in rushing stats between winning and losing teams is in the 4th quarter, so to some degree that type of difference will be seen with most teams that are really good. And generally the proper comparison is first 3 quarters vs. 4th quarter, not so much 2 halves.

13. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Louis Riddick is clearly comfortable:

JJ_79 and Hooligan like this.
  14. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020

15. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    I disagree. He turns his body, but moving forward? I dont think so.

16. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Lot of Dolphins players on this list of current top-10 Pro Bowl players:
    [​IMG]

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Before Chris Grier fully took over the roster without having a Tannenbaum around his neck, we were lucky to get more than 2 players on the probowl

dolphin25, Tin Indian and OwesOwn614 like this.
  18. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Isn't this just fan voting though? And how the hell is Holland down in 6th?

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  19. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Tua led in fan votes last year and missed the Pro Bowl. Fans only count 1/3.

dolphin25 likes this.
  20. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I believe it is. Tua is now a national brand but Holland just popped up on the radar for most casual NFL fans after he accomplished the Hell Mary. That's what I believe, anyway.

21. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Tua will get snubbed again but just wait, you’ll see the usual 3 from the AFC get selected…

Mahomes
    Allen
    Herbert

22. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Barry is an idiot to the extreme, and this is just another example.

Miami is not cheating. If that play was "illegal", then the refs should have thrown a flag for illegal motion OR too many men on the LOS. This gets highlighted even further when Barry has to slow the tape down to frame by frame to show that Tyreek started moving forward within a fraction of a second of when the ball was snapped. If the refs can't see it in real time, then duh...it's not a penalty.

We could do this same thing on every throw, every block, every catch...watch it frame by frame and you'll see someone "cheating".

Tua calls for Tyreek's motion because it's a precise timing play where Miami snaps the ball right before Tyreek begins to advance forward. Again, if that doesn't happen...throw the flag, I'm fine with that. But don't invent ways to call our team "cheaters" because we're blowing people out.

The biggest evidence is San Fran's coach saying they saw us do it in week one and they did it in week two, while other teams did it in later weeks. It's a copycat league and now everyone is trying to use motion to give their speed guy an advantage. That's the ultimate compliment to McDaniel.

Also, San Fran's coach said they call the motion "cheat"...he didn't say it's cheating by league rules. That's just Barry trying to be Barry because he can't help himself. I said the same thing live during the game, Miami entered "cheat mode"...not because they were cheating, but because the defense can't stop Tyreek at full speed on a deep route. Barry didn't even show the actual TD play, he had to dig through tape to find the perfect example.

Now, at the end of Barry's video, the ref did warn Tyreek to "make sure he get's set off of motions." If that's the actual rule, then this is a different story entirely since that means players must come to a complete stop pre-snap. That's not the rule Barry showed though and only adds to his stupidity.

dolphin25 and Springveldt like this.
  23. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's shocking that our kickers didn't make the list, LOL. I was very impressed, on the other hand, that Furgueson is #4 for long snappers.

In all seriousness though, Achane is the only missing name that I wish they included. He might be the top RB in the entire league, so it's a shame he'll have to wait for next year to be recognized.

dolphin25 likes this.
  24. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    At Inside linebacker there is some cause for uncertainty.

The special teams have been pretty meh all year.

But other than that. I’m very confident in all the other operations of this team right now.

The secondary just keeps getting stronger as the year goes along. And that had been the main concern. Now it’s a strength.
    The backfield depth is as strong as it’s been all year with all 3 of Mostert/Achane/Wilson healthy together.