Do you feel comfortable with this team?

103 replies

ExplosionsInDaSkyExplosionsInDaSkyForum Veteran
Nov 29, 2023, 10:08 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

What do you think is missing or is it just the it's hard to believe the Dolphins could really win a Super Bowl after all these years?

It's the offensive line in my opinion. We got our asses kicked in the trenches in every loss. The other thing is that all three of those games were opportunities to make a statement. Sure, we hung 70 on Denver, but that means nothing now. Beating Dallas, Baltimore, and Buffalo will definitely change my mind, but as of right now we look like a one and done playoff team. Don't get me wrong. It's a step in the right direction. I don't want to sound like it's not good enough, but unless a major injury goes down, we'll all be watching the Chiefs and Eagles again.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 29, 2023, 10:47 PM

"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

It's the offensive line in my opinion. We got our asses kicked in the trenches in every loss. The other thing is that all three of those games were opportunities to make a statement. Sure, we hung 70 on Denver, but that means nothing now. Beating Dallas, Baltimore, and Buffalo will definitely change my mind, but as of right now we look like a one and done playoff team. Don't get me wrong. It's a step in the right direction. I don't want to sound like it's not good enough, but unless a major injury goes down, we'll all be watching the Chiefs and Eagles again.

If both the Eagles and Chiefs lose in their first round of the playoffs, I would be surprised. Neither of them looks "elite."

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2023, 08:02 AM

"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

It's the offensive line in my opinion. We got our asses kicked in the trenches in every loss. The other thing is that all three of those games were opportunities to make a statement. Sure, we hung 70 on Denver, but that means nothing now. Beating Dallas, Baltimore, and Buffalo will definitely change my mind, but as of right now we look like a one and done playoff team. Don't get me wrong. It's a step in the right direction. I don't want to sound like it's not good enough, but unless a major injury goes down, we'll all be watching the Chiefs and Eagles again.

Yes sir. This is basically where I'm at.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 30, 2023, 08:35 AM

It’s the most talented team I’ve ever seen in dolphins colors so I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been.

Have to remember both sides of the ball are still mastering systems.

But I expect a 1-3 seed and at least a playoff win.

ExplosionsInDaSkyExplosionsInDaSkyForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2023, 11:56 AM

There's a big piece of cynic still stuck in my head. Not winning a playoff game and only participating in maybe three for the last quarter century has done it to me. I'm 42, with a little luck, my life expectancy is somewhere around 77. I'd love to be wrong about THIS team now.

The best possible outcome is obviously us winning the whole thing. However, I would get a major jumpstart on my heart if we somehow took this thing beyond a mere playoff birth.

With that said, beating a overachieving (but still crappy) team like Pittsburgh or Cleveland only to get blown out in the next round by Kansas City in the following round ain't gonna get it. The Giants won a playoff game last year but not even Giants fans remember that at this point.

I don't want us to be lumped in with those type of playoff teams. No, an exciting, intense playoff run would really wake me up though. Winning is all that matters, but how we lose, of we're valiant in defeat, that matters too. If we make the playoffs only to get beat by wild card Buffalo I'm going to throw my TV through the window. If we barely beat the Browns and their third string quarterback 10-7 and then get destroyed in Baltimore 51-13 I'm going to explode with anger. This has to be a playoff "run."

One thing a fellow Dolphin fan said to me at the Carolina Panthers stadium in the midst of a colossal thrashing we were taking (back when we had Cutler) was absolutely unforgettable, but so absolutely true. "This team can't even lose the right way!" I'll never, ever forget that conversation we had in that depression setting surrounded by laughing Carolina Panther fans. "We can't even lose the right way." So true about this team and I would love to see that change.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 30, 2023, 12:28 PM

Only team the Chiefs have blown out is the Bears.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 08:29 PM

Working out Reuben Foster? Didn't we kick Patrick Willis' tires about a year ago? Or was that also Reuben Foster?

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 09:29 PM
"OwesOwn614 wrote:

Working out Reuben Foster? Didn't we kick Patrick Willis' tires about a year ago? Or was that also Reuben Foster?


Foster worked out for them last summer.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 10:54 PM

Oh crap, Trevor Lawrence went down bad.

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 11:04 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

Oh crap, Trevor Lawrence went down bad.

While I hope he's okay (I hate it when anybody gets hurt, even A-a-Ron), that might be the most significant event of the season. Even if he misses a game or two.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 11:06 PM

"OwesOwn614 wrote:

While I hope he's okay (I hate it when anybody gets hurt, even A-a-Ron), that might be the most significant event of the season. Even if he misses a game or two.

The way he slammed his helmet on the ground, I don't think he's okay.

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 11:08 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

The way he slammed his helmet on the ground, I don't think he's okay.

Players have a feeling of how badly they're hurt. Jaelen Phillips knew the extent of his injury before he hit the ground. When they react like Lawrence did, it's not something that he can rub dirt on and get back in there.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 11:10 PM

"OwesOwn614 wrote:

Players have a feeling of how badly they're hurt. Jaelen Phillips knew the extent of his injury before he hit the ground. When they react like Lawrence did, it's not something that he can rub dirt on and get back in there.

I thought at first that it was an Achilles, but they would have put him on a cart for that.

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 11:13 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

I thought at first that it was an Achilles, but they would have put him on a cart for that.

He was putting pressure on his foot in that look from the hallway. I don't think it's his ankle that's hurt.

StrikingStrikingForum Veteran
Dec 4, 2023, 11:53 PM

It just keeps getting better for Miami. The tumblers have fallen into place and now all we need to do is turn the key for the #1 seed.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 12:04 AM

Dolphins control their own destiny. Just keep winning baby.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 12:16 AM

Great game, happy for the backup QB for Cinci. We're now 100% in control of the #1 seed with 5 games to play. That Baltimore match-up suddenly became the game of the year for us.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 01:09 AM

This team is making me uncomfortable with the rest of the league. It’s boring now. Why do other teams even punt, why not just get 30 yards every third down?

🎃

SpringveldtSpringveldtForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 04:59 AM

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about this team are the injuries on the OL and how we hold up against the elite DL's because of it. Every game we have lost the interior of the OL got it ass kicked. If Connor and Hunt stay healthy and Liam (can't believe I'm writing this) continues to improve at the rate he has then I think this team can beat anyone in the league.

This is the most complete team we have had in my lifetime. The defence is now a legit top 10, maybe even top 5 defence and the offence is either 1 or 2, we haven't had that in my time following the Dolphins. We aren't just beating the teams we are supposed to beat, we are giving them an ass whooping. We are covering the spread at a ridiculous rate, even when we commit multiple turnovers.

If we stay healthy, I'll honestly be disappointed if we don't make it to the Superbowl, I think we are that good.

HooliganHooliganSupporter
Dec 5, 2023, 08:33 AM

I'm comfortable with the team but, I'm not totally comfortable with McD's play calling. The razzle dazzle plays are not working against decent defenses, we're losing yards. Why does the offense not employ any "hurry up" packages to catch the defense on their heels? They're going to have to come up with some new wrinkles for the final tough stretch.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 09:59 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

Great game, happy for the backup QB for Cinci. We're now 100% in control of the #1 seed with 5 games to play. That Baltimore match-up suddenly became the game of the year for us.

I love being in the just win situation.

Lord help us.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 10:01 AM

"Hooligan wrote:

I'm comfortable with the team but, I'm not totally comfortable with McD's play calling. The razzle dazzle plays are not working against decent defenses, we're losing yards. Why does the offense not employ any "hurry up" packages to catch the defense on their heels? They're going to have to come up with some new wrinkles for the final tough stretch.

Some of his play calling has be screaming at the TV. I dislike the backwards play calling when we are so great at attacking forward.

Lord help us.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 10:57 AM

"dolphin25 wrote:

I love being in the just win situation.

Usually we're at a point for "just win" meaning the final playoff spot...and we'd be thrilled for that. It's crazy how extreme our expectations have changed in one season.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 12:37 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

Some of his play calling has be screaming at the TV. I dislike the backwards play calling when we are so great at attacking forward.

We seem to be okay with running reverses but our screen passes are so poorly designed, one defender usually is all it takes to blow them up 5 yards behind the line. It seems like it takes the ball longer to go 10 yards across the field than it takes to go 20 yards downfield and the blocker(s) are seldom in place to make the screen work.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Dec 5, 2023, 01:40 PM