1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMN: Henne is a work in progress

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Henne-is-a-work-in-progress.html

Henne is by no means a finished product, but his arm and his movement are very impressive. In fact, his arm is exactly the kind of arm the Buffalo Bills need to handle the wind and elements in their stadium. Henne is not always accurate on the touch throws and tends to overthrow every ball, but he’s getting better each week, and the Dolphins can build their team around his skill level. Last night, they were without the wildcat element and still were able to move the ball and score 24 points.

keypusher, firedan, DeDolfan and 3 others like this.
  2. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Henne has been impressive so far but i without a doubt agree that he is still a work in progress. He's still learning the NFL game and he will always be a work in progress untill he has a solid set of recievers.

3. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    And a TE bro.:hi5:

FinsAreLife likes this.
  4. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Not to mention he gets rid of the ball when he doesnt have an open receiver more often than he takes a sack.

5. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    I am impressed with Henne. I believe his year with Penne helped a lot. He is making few mistakes and, with his surrounding talent, his has yet to be shown.

He has all the makings of being special.

2socks likes this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm a big Henne fan b/c the guy seems unflappable, he's just acts like a leader. He's also usually accurate and has a live arm. We've been winning b/c he has avoided the disastrous decisions.

The things he needs to work on are his occasional bouts of inaccuracy. He tends to over-throw the long passes and throws it low (and behind) on the shorter passes. I also don't think the coaches trust him to audible yet. I've seen the Dolphins run into obvious run stopping formations several times. This has contributed to many of our three and outs. Going forward I hope to see Henne be able to audible out of those bad plays.

7. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    He has the best tools od any we've had since Dan. I don't think many would argue that. Our WR corps aren't exactly doing him many favors but it may "force" him to refine those skills a bit quicker tho. Could you imagine where he might be right now if we already had a good WR duo in place like the Marks Bros?? one can dream can't they? ;)

8. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

Aquavision has an interview of Penni talkin about his future. on one hand he wants to come back and help the team and Henne progress but another is if he gets a shot at a starter he might take it..

ooh man if he comes back to help, I think Henne can be an awsome QB!

9. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    That thought has crossed my mind many a time. Hell, just give Henne one "good" WR.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think finding those WRs is the key. And it's even more important than it was when the Marks Bros. were here b/c the rules favor the WRs even more.

We could keep settling and hoping for mid round picks and mid level FAs to emerge as stud WRs but the odds are against that strategy succeeding. Getting a true #1 should be our primary off-season priority. It'll make a bigger difference in the win column than getting another ILB. I'm not saying we don't need a thumper in the middle, we do, but those guys are easier to find in FA and in the middle of the draft than true #1 WRs are. And right now the lack of a big target receiving threat is by far our weakest area positionally.

11. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

hopefully this clues most other fans to what we already know.

our offense is not just the wildcat.

felly smarts likes this.
  12. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Being a Gators fan...I saw what Henne could do in big games. I hated him all the way untill we drafted him. Then I was so relieved that we had a real QB and he didn't get snatched up by the Jills or Jests. Henne will be an all time great in Dolphin history. I believe he has the skills to get us to many championships. We have most of the right coaches, we have a QB, and when everybody is healthy, we have a stout O line. We have great RB's. All we need is some more youth on D, a TE and a WR. We're almost there.

13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Henne will be just fine
    he's talented, tough & well groomed for the job
    will improve with every game & make the usual adjustments & mistakes
    the important thing is that he makes his bones
    as a Franchise QB by the end of the 2009 season

14. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

If this were two weeks ago id agree with this 100% but the guy hasnt taken a sack in the last two games. Now this is in large part because our oline has been solid in the pass protection but also if you look back you can see that henne has thrown the ball away in many situations when the recievers werent open.

15. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    There was also an interesting article at that link about how passing is more successful league-wide. Good thing it looks like we have a good quarterback.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/292723-decade-of-the-quarterback-why-passing-in-the-nfl-solid-as-ever/show_full