1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divisional Round: NY Jets @ New England Patriots

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by BicketyBam, Jan 10, 2011.

1. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    The Sanchez hate just keeps on coming. Is it that hard to admit that he might not be *that* bad? I am not saying he is an elite QB - not by any stretch. But the guy is playing pretty well for a 24 year old 2nd year QB. As much as many people do not want to admit it, he is improving. In the last 4 games (excluding the Buffalo game where he didn't throw a pass, he is 77/119 64.7% 822 yards 4 TD's 2 INT's for a rating of 89. In two road playoff games he is 34/56 60.7% 383 yards 3 TD's 1 INT for a rating of 91.6. Those are not garbage numbers. And when you add his vastly improved late game play this year (DET, HOU, CLE, IND), you have the making of a decent QB. He still needs to improve in several areas, but there are some things that he does as well as any top QB in the league. His pocket awareness is great. He is very hard to sack and has the ability to extend plays when the protection breaks down. This is a skill you either have or you don't. He has it. He also throws an excellent fade. Yes, he has good receivers, but he puts the ball in the perfect spot where only his receiver can make the play. I also think he is very adept at play action. He sells it very well.

No one compares Henne to Sanchez except Miami fans. You guys have this manic obsession with the Jets and their QB. Sanchez was drafted a year later and in the first round. Henne was a second round pick. If anything, compare him to QB's that came out with him....Flacco and Ryan. When I try to gauge Sanchez, I look at Stafford and Freeman - not Henne.

And here is the other thing I don't understand. For most of the season, many wrote how the Jets were lucky and that they aren't very good. I could find 30 posts about how Miami is just as good as the Jets and how the Jets got fortunate breaks while Miami didn't. Then when Sanchez plays well and has success, all of a sudden the Jets have a team full of All Pro's with Vince Lombardi as the head coach. That becomes the reason he played well. You can't have it both ways.

Is Sanchez better than Henne? WHO CARES? All I care about is him being good enough for the Jets to be successful. End of story. He has tied a record for most road playoff wins and has a chance to break it. Is that because the Jets are some sort of juggernaut? Come on. The Jets have plenty of holes. Conversely I am not saying he is the reason they won all those games. But he had something to do with it.

Sanchez is not elite. I have no problem saying that. I do not understand why some of you can't put your bias aside and admit he isn't garbage. I wouldn't even say he is below average.

2. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Man, you are killing me :lol: I have no desire to compare the Jets offense to the Dolphins offense. All I know is that NY's offense was good enough to be ranked a respectable 13th in ppg and 11th in ypg. I think you are unfairly categorizing Mark Sanchez as chicken ****. I think you are a knowledgeable football fan, but every time you discuss Sanchez you come across like a blind homer. You are better than that. No one is saying Sanchez is great, but chicken ****? Come on.

3. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    DR has never experience the 1-15 and 3-13 seasons of older Jets fans. He never sat in a freezing cold Meadowlands while the Steelers shut out the Joe Walton led Jets. He didn't witness the Marino fake spike, the Bubby Brister 21 point comeback and the countless other Jets disasters over the years.

Now as far as getting "smashed" by Pittsburgh, all I will say is that I feel better about that game than I did about the NE game. I know they didn't have Palomalu when they played them in week 15, but the Jets (and Sanchez) still played well. It is not impossible for them to win the game.

And listen - by your definition, 31 teams fail every year. No way are you going to piss on my parade :lol: The Jets, with a 2nd year coach and a 2nd year QB are going to their second consecutive AFC Championship game. The franchise has completely turned themselves around. I am extremely happy with their management, coaching staff and direction and whatever happens in Pittsburgh will not change that. How many fans of other teams would want to trade places with Jets fans?

4. NJ Larry

NJ Larry New Member

Jan 3, 2008

what all of you guys forget is intangibles. Sanchez is emotional he goes nutts when he makes a play and he pouts and curses himself when he screws up. his guys prob beelive in him. Henne has none of that. he is gone from this team b/c he has no respect. period.

5. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    What?! Oh boy. What is the opposite of a fist pump? You deserve one for this post!

6. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    You cant make this stuff up.....

go PIT, then go NFC in SB!

7. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    That would be a facepalm.

8. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Talk about tasteless. What the hell does a tragic death have to do with this thread? I hope that gets removed.

9. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Whoa cowboy....wasn't tasteless...simply relevant in this thread following the game. nothing less, nothing more. why you attacking me? Why create a separate thread about what occurred? A Jets fan celebrated in a strange method and sadly died in a tragic way.

why shoot the messenger?

10. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    It's not relevant to the game at all and you know it. It would be like posting in the Buf/MIA gameday thread about a distraught Miami fan tossing himself out a 50 story window after the Dolphins got eliminated from the playoffs.

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Don't mistake people saying the Dolphins match the Jets well from a player personnel standpoint as meaning overall. The Dolphins absolutely have a comparable amount of offensive and defense talent. This is why they have a winning record vs. the Jets. I think it has become more and more obvious over the past couple of seasons that the Jets have good coaching and we have poor coaching. That is your difference. I'm not much of a believer in Henne at all but I do think he could at least be a little better with some offensive guys with a clue. It's already been shown that Henne was bad at playaction yet the coaches were forcefeeding it to him and he was throwing a lot of picks from it. Do Rex and Schotty repeatedly force Sanchez to do things he is not comfortable with? I doubt it. I doubt they use their practices to harp on little mistakes constantly the way fist pumper does either. Players supposedly like Tony but they don't believe in him the way Rex's players do. I read ESPN earlier and Bart Scott was quoted as saying he would die for Rex Ryan. We have players complaining about fist pumper's coaching style taking the fun out of things. It should be obvious right now that the gap is coaching.

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    OK that was out of hand. You're a cool guy for a Jets fan.

Tragic? The guy was stupid as hell and Natural Selection took care of the rest.

CaribPhin likes this.
  13. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Nah...I prefer not having a pronounced brow and sloping forehead.. :tongue2:

14. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    And a winning team to root for ;)

sent from my EVO 4G

15. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    So let me get this straight...it's okay to be a neanderthal as long as you're team's winning?

Jet fans, ladies and gents....Jet fans...:D

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  16. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Wait. Are you saying all Jets fans are neanderthals? Come on, Al. A story was posted here about how Mark Sanchez spent time with a boy dying of cancer and members here called him a pedophile. Then you have people joking about a Jets fan who died after the NE game. I find both to be completely classless but I am not going to roll every Miami fan into that category.

And before you say, "I am just kidding with you, bro" when you kid about the same thing constantly one tends to believe that it is more than a joke.

I've said it one and I will say it again. Every team has its fair share of ******* fans, Miami included.

17. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Ed...basic comprehension.

You said "How many would trade places with Jet fans?"
    I replied "Nah...I prefer not having a pronounced brow and sloping forehead," which is a joke.
    You said "And a winning team to root for"
    And I said "So let me get this straight...it's okay to be a neanderthal as long as you're team's winning?" referring BACK to my original joke.

Now where does that state that ALL Jet fans are neanderthals?

As far as what's been said in here, have you seen me participate in any of those? Before you talk, read and think my friend. Yea, I joke about it with you...you're the "enemy". You really think I'm gunna give you a reacharound in here? As Chris Carter says...C'mon man. ;)

CaribPhin likes this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I wasnt joking about natural selection, incredibly stupid people die doing incredibly stupid things.

In nature, Lions hunts the weak, old or stupidest of the gazelle. Its kind of like that.

CaribPhin likes this.
  19. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    The game is over, yet this thread continues. This accident occurred following the game, just like this thread. Its all relevant as I stated. You are taking this far to personally, Darwinism at work here.