1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disturbing Report - Ross pushing for Tannehill?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Apr 22, 2012.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

This thought is just sickening to me. When you have a owner influencing who you pick in the draft you have problems. Hopefully, this is all made up. :pity:

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Kind of like Jerry Jones making player decisions in Dallas.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Can't believe anything right now.

MAFishFan likes this.
  4. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Exactly, that hasn't been working out for them. The biggest thing that pisses me off with this is the fact that it involves season tickets. Ross hasn't lived in a bunker pouring through endless hours of game tape like Jeff Ireland has. In Ross' mind all he is thinking is, new rookie QB gives the fans some hope and will increase ticket sales...

steveincolorado likes this.
  5. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Sounds like Obama and McCain.....lol

6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Don't believe everything your read, ESPECIALLY around draft time. There are so many quotes and stories and rumors swirling around and a majority are just smoke and mirrors.

SICK, MAFishFan and sports24/7 like this.
  7. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Drafting a DL won't sell ticket this year, don't care who it is, so I understand Ross on this one. Not sure if I agree with it, but I do understand.

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    don't believe any of this for a minute:no:
    Ross is too good of a business man not to allow the coaches & front office to work unfettered in team's interest
    imagine Ross telling those that know this pick best in the world of football to go against their better judgement
    this is simply not going to happen, more misinformation & trouble-making from those who do not wish us well :crapstrom:

if Tannehill has not been judged by those who know & are responsible for the pick to be franchise material
    then it simply won't happen because ultimately the wrong choice would be very bad for business...the end

fin13 and smahtaz like this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol..yeah Ross is pushing for Tannehill in public circles...The media has a vendetta against us, that vendetta is piling on, creating circulation and hits..

Anybody who believe this or criticizes the owner because of it, is no better than the writer saying it.

10. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I'm pretty sure you meant owner, but I laughed anyway. Then I thought about how an owner not letting his GM do his job is almost always trouble. :pity:

UCF FINatic likes this.
  11. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Smoke screens... Smoke screens everywhere.

12. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    And more stories regarding so and so wants to draft this player and that player per sources will circulate until Draft time.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Ucf, come on man, did you have to write the word "Disturbing", sounds like your trying to be a bit dramatic here when you know damn well this is Bs, your criticizing and mocking the owner without any bit of proof or common sense.

UCF FINatic likes this.
  14. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't believe this at all. Ross has been hands off on football decisions and will continue to do so. If the Dolphins draft him it's because they think he's a franchise prospect, not because the owner wants him.

djphinfan likes this.
  15. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Sorry, you all are right. I guess I thought about it and it seemed like a legit report, but being the gullible person I am I forgot it was draft time lol. I am normally good at catching smokescreens but my thinking went something like this:

1.) If this is a smokescreen, why would we say it? To get people to think we don't want to take Tannehill when we want too? Yet in the smokescreen it sounds like we wound want to take someone else, but Ross is pushing for Tannehill... so does that mean we end up taking Tannehill? Probably.
    2.) If this is NOT a smokescreen it means we either do not want Tannehill, but our owner does? So do we take him? Probably.

So it just seemed like a poorly crafted smokescreen, if it is one, because it can make your head go in circles if you think about it too much.

Honestly, don't listen to me this week lol.... I am on overdrive and a little stressed out for a Genetics Final, Physics II Final, Microbiology Final, and Biochemistry Final all this week. I am a little strung out and my thought process isn't as sharp as it normally is.

16. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    nothing but more crap from the press, with the 2 first picks already decided there is little to speculate, so they make up a rumor they don't have to substantiate.
    **** it rhymes

17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    This has about as much validity as that Jennifer Lopez draft bit ;p

18. Pro-X

Pro-X End Game Club Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Guys remember if Ross wants a player then He can get them, he is the one who paid a Billion dollars for the team. He writes the checked and Ireland has his up so far up Ross' arse he will go all the way in.

Seriously, Ross has spoken with his coaching staff and they gave him there opinions. Don't think he has seen tapes of Tanny, but the coaches have Sherman knows first hand, so he has to believe in them and make a judgement call for whats best for his Billion dollar franchise. Ross gots da juice....

19. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Does anybody think Ross became a multi-billionaire by emotionally overriding his hand-picked people on decisions in which he is not an expert?

No?

Neither do I. We're on the same page, then.

UCF FINatic likes this.
  20. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Well that was fast... Here is the latest released bit:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

21. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Honestly, it might not even be a smokescreen. There has been a lot of false rumors just in this offseason already alone. It just doesn't make sense to me here though.

22. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

All this draft talk about Tannehill around draft time leads me to think the dolphins, well, aren't going after him. Talk him up and someone takes him above us is takes the pressure off of us by the fans to draft the kid.

23. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i like tannehill and hope he is the pick, but if sherman,philbin,ireland are not into drafting him then i understand and will support who they pick, but i still think this is just smoke and mirrors at this point no one knows what is going on

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol...that's cool, Ucf makes the first step into real change..lol

25. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    the sad thing? are there any of you out there that are "on the fence" about buying a season ticket right now? If so, is drafting ryan tannehill REALLY going to make you buy the ticket? Heck no.

You know what will make you or I buy a season ticket? Proving that we can WIN GAMES. That can't be accomplished until the season gets underway, so why bother reaching (if they feel its a reach for tannehill) and instead get players who will let you start to win games now? THAT is what will put butts in the seats.

Even if drafting tannehill got people in the seats this year, odds are he wouldn't be an immediate and impactful starter, meaning we'll struggle, and people will NOT re-sign up for season tickets next year. Is it worth it to get just a few people to buy season tickets for one season? Up to the Front office.

djphinfan likes this.
  26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I wonder if a major part of the fanbase could ever forgive them for that, if it is true what you hypothesize..

Lol...can you imagine, now there's a headline...New Dolphins staff was forced to take Qb they didn't want...lol

27. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Wrong Ross says the draft is totally up to Ireland and the coaches.

28. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Every other report has stated that Ireland has a hard on for Tannehill. All of a sudden, Ross is the ONLY person in the building that wants him?

29. finfan

finfan New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Good Businessman???? Maybe outside of football but definately NOT with his football team!!!!!!!

30. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Peter King is saying a source has confirmed Florio's report.

While it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Dolphins FO was as leaky as the Iraqi Navy, not sure I buy this. Why would sources within the organization contact Florida AND King to tell them what Ross wanted? Why now? What do they get out of this? If anything, this makes me think the Dolphins are looking to trade the pick at #8.

31. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm also starting to think Tannehill won't be the pick. I think we'll trade back out of the #8 spot, and probably end up taking a lineman with our first round pick (probably somewhere in the mid teens).

Thing is, I think Tannehill will be there when we're on the clock at #8.

32. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    And the Dolphins are hoping he won't be. If Tannehill is on the board at #8 and they pass on him...Wow. I can't even imagine. I mean, I can. But damn.

33. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Salguero and Florio are the experts at having ****ty sources.

34. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I know. Shades of '07.

35. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Those 6 wins keep getting less and less enjoyable...

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  36. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have no idea if Ross is really pushing for the Dolphins to draft Tannehill or not. What doesn't surprise me in this report is that Sherman doesn't appear to be pushing that hard for the Dolphins to draft Tannehill. Perhaps Sherman knows a lot more about Tannehill than all those on here who want the Dolphins to take Tannehill in the first round and what he knows makes him realize that Tannehill is NOT the answer for the Dolphins at the QB position.

I guess Sherman also looks at the last time Tannehill was the QB of a team he coached and Sherman sees that he ended up getting fired as that teams HC.

37. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Lets just assume for fun that Ross did actually go public that he wants Tannehill, a week before the draft. What is the motive in that ? Is he setting himself up for strike 5 or 6 now if they can't get him either ?

If there's any truth to this, it means he's been informed one way or the other. Either they are in talks of trading up for RT and he wants to absorb the criticism for "reaching"..... or they're by no means taking him even at #8. In that scenario, Ross could say he's "pulling the trigger" on Tannehill, and when the gang choses someone else who can contribute day one, he can spin it one of two ways.
    A.Ireland was wise and ballsy enough to over-ride the owners wishes and make the right pick, thats why he's our GM ..... or......
    B.He dis-obeyed direct orders and cost the franchise its one shot at quality QB, ie: last straw.

The trade up seems more likely, unfortunately. Would be hard to defend them if they gave up next years 1st Rounder too ! He'd better be the next Steve Young.

38. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It's one of 3 things:

A) The Dolphins have a leak
    B) The Dolphins are employing a smoke-screen
    C) It's flat-out false (Florio and King got bad info)

Personally, I'm not sure about this. On one hand, I'm not positive that Ross and Ireland are smart enough to pull off such an elaborate campaign of strategic misinformation. I mean, purposely leaking something under the guise of anonymity and then profusely denying said report kinda seems far-fetched. I say this because I don't think other GM's and teams really buy into those reports like we the fans do. (Well, maybe Jerry Jones does, but he doesn't count)

However, ANY report that came out was going to be denied. If a report had come out that the Dolphins had no interest in Ryan Tannehill, Ireland would've shot that down. The fact that Ireland was on PFT Live today, where the story broke, is kind of telling. Why did he feel like he needed to go there an refute it?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have absolutely no clue what I'm saying.

djphinfan likes this.
  39. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Ross is a billionaire business man. I am sure he is smart enough to pull off a simple campaign of strategic misinformation. It is not like having a scource leak out false information is rocket science.