1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dion Jordan absent today for day 1 workouts

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dol Fan99, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I would be a lot more excited about Dion Jordan if they would move him to OLB. As a D Lineman this guy is going to be a bust. He hasn't shown much if anything in the two incomplete seasons he has been with the team. Then you see him covering Gronkowski as he did in the clip above and you get a little of your blood pumping. The staff is still crazy to try to turn this guy into a lineman. He is not and will not be Jason Taylor.

In other Dolphins news, Coach Philbin announced during his presser that they are moving Suh to cornerback. Said he's athletic and has perfect size to deal with some of the taller Wide Receivers in the league.

2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Maybe he has a Doctor's note:

"Please excuse Dion from all team-related activities as he is sick & tired of being jerked around, fattened-up & played out of position."

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Just put the pipe down, Fin-0.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    And if I was behind the 8-ball on where I should be now I would be there

resnor and Fin4Ever like this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Listen man, even though we disagree sometimes? I like ya more than most. But you truly are taking this and turning into the defenition of hyperbole.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    So you dont like "pipe"?? I wouldve guessed otherwise.

7. Zach13

Zach13 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Miami
    I have little hope that this player will thrive on this team.

dolphin25 likes this.
  8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No I'm really not.

Its very simple.

- You think these voluntary workouts aren't important enough to attend. <-----That's not my hyperbole, its how you feel.
    - Wake thinks they are important enough to attend. <-------That's not my hyperbole, since he actually shows up even though of all the players on the team he needs it the least.

That means you and Wake have a differing opinion of the importance of voluntary workout attendance. He's for and your against. This can't be more straightforward. No hyperbole. Straight logic.

9. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Where's the icon for two guys peeing on each other?

SICK likes this.
  10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    How do you come to these conclusions?

I simply will not crucify any player who misses ONE voluntary workout. Thats all my point equates too. It doesnt mean anything about Cam Wake and it doesnt mean anyting about how i feel about the offseason.

11. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Holding out for more money?

12. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    If your name is Dion Jordan it is.

13. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    [emoji38]

dolphin25 likes this.
  14. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I figured it out. Dion Jordan found out that quarterbacks were going to be at the workout and we all know how rare it is to see Dion Jordan around the quarterback since he has come into the league.ll

15. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    You are correct, they are not mandatory and he certainly doesn't have to show up and participate. Of course that only follows what he has done the past two years during the regular season. Where he has basically failed to show up in games.

I don't care if he ever joins the team. He was a complete waste of a first and second round pick and the sooner the Dolphins get rid of him, the better IMO.

16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    If he never shows is ome thing, if he misses one is another.

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You mean, how did I think you're saying voluntary workout attendance isn't important? I guess after this, it was pretty easy:
    Gee, maybe it was this:
    Or hell, it was any number of other posts you've made on this topic going back to Wallace last year.

Whatever it is you call crucifying isn't important. What people are doing is pointing out that a player whose been a disappointment relative to his cost (like $60 million for Wallace) should probably display more dedication, than being the ONLY guy to miss a team thing. No one would give Wake any grief for missing one of these things. In fact, they'd defend it. Why? Because he's earned it. Even Suh was there, because he knows he hasn't earned it here yet.

Its a player's right to not attend, but let's not pretend it doesn't say anything about that player's motivation level.

Now, again, before you keep telling me I'm jumping to outlandish conclusions (even though I'm simply using your own words) I want to remind you again, I think DJ was probably forced by the team to not attend because I think there's something in the works and my point is about these things in general.

18. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Do you think Jet fans are still pissed we traded up to get this guy before they did?

dolphin25 likes this.
  19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I could waste my time going back and "choosing" what to quote, but again the bottom line is you accused me of something to do with Cam Wake which frankly is stupid and irrelevant.

If you believe missing a workout in Dion's case is bad?? So be it, that's a valid argument. But all this Cam Wake bs is borderline nuts.

20. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

and its not silly for you to crucify fans who believe ddifferent then you?

21. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

My issues are specifically with Dion. If other players missed voluntary workouts and have earned the benefit of the doubt fine.. guys like Wake have proved themselves. Dion is a third overall pick who hasnt proved a damn thing in two full seasons. In fact...hes proven football wasnt the most important priority of his.

dolphin25 and Dolphinzdawgg like this.
  22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    did he show up on day 2?

23. Dolphinzdawgg

Dolphinzdawgg Banned

Feb 22, 2015
    Coral Gables, FL
    I can still hear Joe Zakacki's voice saying with surprise as he yelled, "Eric ***-a-row".......sigh.....

24. Dolphinzdawgg

Dolphinzdawgg Banned

Feb 22, 2015
    Coral Gables, FL
    mmmmmmmm, question of the day.......

25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Accused you?

Again, this is logic. You think attendance isn't important. Wake thinks it is is important. You guys disagree. Straight simple logic.

26. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Not a big deal... Lots of players dont show up for voluntary workouts.. Hell he might be back in Oregon doing his workouts for all we know

27. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

That's quite a stretch isn't it?

28. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    the strange thing is we had a report earlier this year that dion was working out with wake and vern.

29. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

Dude, an orderly told me that Hickey and Tannenbaum locked him in the room next to mine til the draft is over. I believe him because I just keep hearing someone shouting "WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO BE!!! WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO BEEeee..."

30. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    At this point, I've pretty much written Dion off as a bust. I hope to god he proves me wrong this year but he's 2 years in and isn't even playing meaningful snaps. If I was in his position, having been a disappointment and having had substance abuse issues, I would be busting my butt and taking every opportunity to show the coaches that I want an opportunity to play more.

dolphin25 and gunn34 like this.
  31. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I thought the trade was stupid to get him in the first place. 3 years into it and the team still does not know where to play him.

32. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I thought the trade was awesome. It was a great value.

Unfortunately it isn't working.

33. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

What was given up for the third overall was good value but what was selected at least to date hsn't been at all.

We should hear what is going on as for the reason he isn't here. Being the only one and with his past it isn't a good thing at all , no matter how it may be spun imo.