1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by anlgp, Nov 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

hello,

so i'd like to eat more veggies/salads. i consider myself to have a pretty unhealthy diet which i know can contribute to a lot of things. bad moods, lack of energy, etc.

i have a feeling this is a big reason why i feel the way i do on a day to day basis. i find myself having a lack of energy.

anyway,

what are some good vegitables that can be had on the cheap? what are some good recipes? do you have a juicer? would you recommend one?

2. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    anlgp likes this.
  3. anlgp

I don't think I've ever had prunes. have you ever had quinoa? They're good.

4. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    No I've not - is it readily available at most chain stores?

Prunes have a good flavor, again I have a diet similar to the one you've described and eating a couple servings of prunes made me feel a ton better.

anlgp likes this.
  5. anlgp

No I don't think so they're more of a specialty thing..

You can buy them at the harris teeter but that's around here..

any whole foods or health store would prolly carry them.

I don't have a costco card what's the trick to buying **** if you don't have one?

6. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    You can get bags of prunes at any supermarket you just get more bang for your buck at the warehouse places.

Do you have a sams club? I heard on the radio recently that they were offering a short term cheap or free trial membership.

anlgp likes this.
  7. anlgp

nope and I'm not sure if there's one around here or not.

8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    anlgp likes this.
  9. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Anything w/ a vibrant color is always good. Dark greens, bright oranges and deep reds- that sort of stuff. They're always packed w/ nutritional value. The fresher the better, as well.

Most ppl just need a variety, but if you have certain genetic issues (high bp, chol, etc.), certain fruits/veggies will be better for your health.

I think as long as you up your fresh fruit/veggie intake (smoothies are awesome for breakfast:up: ) and cut down on the processed foods high in fat and sweets, that would represent a major shift in diet for most. And don't ignore cravings- that's just your body telling you what it needs. It's just that we've conditioned ourselves to think 'peach ice cream' instead of 'peach fruit':wink2:.

Also, if you're on a low-carb diet, you'll need to eat more often, as blood sugar regulation is harder. Poor blood sugar reg. will sap your energy rather quickly.

anlgp likes this.