1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did pats Tamper with Moss? Al Davis Says yes

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jackson, Oct 1, 2008.

1. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Wow, who do you believe here?

This is like when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object... except in this case the force is bat **** crazy and the object is a total d-bag.

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    As much as I like seeing the Patsies in trouble, Al Davis is still a whackjob.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If he wants to talk about stuff in the past, why doesn't he bring up the talks he had with Monte Kiffin?

unluckyluciano and azfinfanmang like this.
  4. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    i saw espn last night and thought, "oh my god this guy is completely senile." he seems like he's mentally falling apart, especially when he talks about why he fired kiffin.

having said that, not sure how somebody could "tamper" during a trade.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

if team A has the rights to player X (ie. the player has a contract with team A) team B has to get permission from team A to have talks with player X before doing so. Violating this is against the NFLs terms and is considered tampering.

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If true, I think the Pats should lose a couple more draft picks, and Belicheat needs an unpaid one year vacation from the NFL.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I still can't get over that press conference that Davis had yesterday. I was thinking about it in school lol. Some of the things were believable like the 75 yard FG attempt to get himself (Kiffin) fired. I mean, who in their right mind goes for a75 yard FG attempt? But some of the things were just terrible. After all that smack that Davis went through in the 35 minute PC or whatever it was, what did he get out of that? Absolutely nothing. He didn't do any good from that. He could have just said " I fired Lane Kiffin for cause and detriment to the team." That's all he had to say. A 3 page letter is ridiculous. As Da' Fins said in the Club Level, the guy has no integrity. Also, he accused of Kiffin being a "professional liar." Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Nearly five decades ago, Davis called Bill Walsh a liar and Walsh was let go. In '89, five games into Shanahan's second season, Davis called him a liar and fired him. He called Gruden a liar and Bill Callahan a liar. Whose next? Tom Cable? The guy has problems with everyone and he doesn't think that he's the real reason for those troubles. Davis a black-eye on the league and is the real detriment to the Raiders.

azfinfanmang and texanphinatic like this.
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Its hard to take that team seriously as long as he remains in charge. Does he not have any kids or anyone who could take the team away from him? I mean, its obvious the guys lost it, and he didnt have much to begin with!

And really, at this point, who would actually TAKE the HC job there?

azfinfanmang likes this.
  9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Something tells me that he having kids is about as likely as Liberace having kids. Or Boy George..Richard Simmons...

Not that there is anything wrong with that...just saying.

On Track. This is incredibly great. I mean, lets just put Grannie Davis and Billicheat in a room with rubber hammers and let them work it amongst themselves.

Two teams I can't stand, 4 weeks into the season and this :knucks:

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I have a funny feeling that Tom Cable will be able to help that team win some games if he gets the full time job next year. Cable hasn't been really a good coach in the jobs that he did have. Got fired at Idaho and then hasn't really done much to help their OL. As I said before, I thought that Rob Ryan is the only guy that actually listens to everything the contradicting Davis says but Cable could be another guy. Then again, I said the Raiders would win six or seven games this year with Kiffin (assuming he had the job).

11. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He's an ok OL coach but not a lot of head coaching or coordinator experience. I don't really understand that move but my guess is when they asked Al Davis who the next coach was going to be, he thought they were asking what he wanted to watch on the TV and said cable. Considering how little he knew of Cable in his press conference, it actually sounds plausible.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, I saw your post in the CL about him not knowing anything about Cable. He has three years of being a coordinator but that was in college. In the short time he was a HC at Idaho, he was terrible. I really thought James Lofton had the interim job wrapped up as well as the job for next year. They liked him a lot last year so I was surprised but it is the Raiders.

13. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He was a coordinator, spent two years in UCLA actually and ran our offense pretty well (with 3 playmakers like Olson, MJD, and Lewis, and a tough OL who wouldn't). He left UCLA probably when he saw that there was absolutely no offensive talent being recruited and bolted to Atlanta. But yea, no professional coordinator positions.

14. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I can just see Al Davis in the NFL court!

Attorney:Mr Davis, you stated that Randy Moss had a workout with the Pats before the trade correct?

Al Davis: Uhhh, Randy Moss, uhhh, was he one of my coaches I fired?

Attorney: No Mr. Davis, he is one of the NFL's all time best WR's.

Al Davis Why isn't he playing for me than? who traded him, I will fire his ***

Attorney: Well Mr Davis, you did.

Al Davis: Oh, well than thats okay, did I get anything good for him? I remember talking to Chuck Fairbanks, did I get Steve Grogan in return?

Attorney :surrender:

Al Davis :sleeping:

azfinfanmang likes this.