Did Parcells say he'd leave??

9 replies

PhinGeneralPhinGeneralSupporterOP
Feb 11, 2009, 01:51 PM

Even as the Dolphins were in the middle of their playoff run in late December and football czar Bill Parcells was asking players to remain focused -- going so far as to manage and trim quarterback Chad Pennington's interview schedule the week before the New York Jets game -- Parcells was also thinking of his future, perhaps with another team.

Parcells delivered a message to Wayne Huizenga that set off a flurry of calls and strategy meetings within the Dolphins hierarchy. The message from Parcells?

"I will exercise my right to leave once this season is over and the team sale is complete."

Seems like there may have been more to this than many realize. Quite frankly, it doesn't shock me.

Parcells told Huizenga he'd leave

FinFan_Est.1984FinFan_Est.1984New Member
Feb 11, 2009, 04:38 PM

It's all like playing poker. Sometimes you bluff, sometimes you are telling the truth. Its about controlling the game and Bill Parcells has control of his game. He has no strings attached and if he doesn't like his work environment with the new owner he will walk. Lets hope Ross leaves Bil alone and gives him anything he asks. Parcells has the winning hand and Ross better not try to bluff him.

FIRE DAN HENNING BAND WAGON!

MIMile High FinNew Member
Feb 11, 2009, 08:54 PM

If true, this is what happened a month or two ago.
It has all been hashed out, and resolved to Wayne's, Bill's, and Donald's satisfaction.
Bill has reiterated many times that he'll be here through the 2009 season.
After that, we'll just have to wait and see....

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Feb 11, 2009, 10:32 PM

"PhinGeneral wrote:

Seems like there may have been more to this than many realize. Quite frankly, it doesn't shock me.

Parcells told Huizenga he'd leave

is there another link? this one doesnt work

late againlate againNew Member
Feb 12, 2009, 01:41 PM

"dolpns13 wrote:

is there another link? this one doesnt work

that's because it's been pulled off the site.
Makes ya wonder, eh?
I think Armando is pretty shady and apparently the Herald thinks so too.

"Here’s what Salguero told us via e-mail: “I was ordered to take down the story because one of The Herald’s managing editors wants TWO sources on every story we print or put online. I had one source I was comfortable with, so I posted the story. I am now working to get a second source and when I get him, I will put the story up again.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/12/disappearance-of-parcells-story-raises-eyebrows/

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Feb 12, 2009, 02:33 PM

Does not matter cause he is with us now and made a terrific turn around and put people in place who will make the right choices

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Feb 12, 2009, 02:58 PM

"late again wrote:

that's because it's been pulled off the site.
Makes ya wonder, eh?
I think Armando is pretty shady and apparently the Herald thinks so too.

"Here’s what Salguero told us via e-mail: “I was ordered to take down the story because one of The Herald’s managing editors wants TWO sources on every story we print or put online. I had one source I was comfortable with, so I posted the story. I am now working to get a second source and when I get him, I will put the story up again.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/12/disappearance-of-parcells-story-raises-eyebrows/

Armondo is definately shady... 95% of his stories are crap IMO

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Feb 12, 2009, 03:40 PM

"dolpns13 wrote:

Armondo is definately shady... 95% of his stories are crap IMO

I don't understand why all you guys continue to read his sh...crap.
As soon as I see an article with his byline on it, I skip to the next article.
Simple as that.

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Feb 12, 2009, 04:01 PM

"pigskinguy wrote:

I don't understand why all you guys continue to read his sh...crap.
As soon as I see an article with his byline on it, I skip to the next article.
Simple as that.

I dont read his crap at all... the only news I ever se of his is whats posted here

124124New Member
Feb 12, 2009, 05:55 PM

:shifty: