1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diary of a Geek - Too Human

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Aug 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just started playing... LOVE the art style. I said that since the demo. The opening scene (bordering MGS4 lengths), confirms it. I am digging the retro futuristic setting. Very unique

2. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Creating my character. Went with the Berserker. Another cutscene... ok. game starts where the demo did.

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I like it better than the demo. More story involved. seems like more enemies. i could be crazy

4. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I'm really loving the art style. Very unique and distinct look.

5. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    Yea the game got some bad reviews so I wasnt sure how it would be.

6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I'm disappointed only two players to an online game. Four seems like it would be better.

How's the story? Is the game fun?

*keep in mind, I played and loved Phantasy Star Online for the DC*

7. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    1 hor and 5 minutes in. Story is very cool... mysterious still. I'm liking the skill system and combat (while basic as hell) isn't terrible.

If there were no RPG/skilling elements, this would be an average beat em up with a great art style. I dunno man. I like it. I'm sure this will be a hate it or love type gsme

8. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    An hour and 16 minutes in I find the true beauty in the game... The gear. The gear customization is great. Crafting is light this early, but this is the kind of gear grinding Diablo gives you. I spent a good chunk of time trying to gear my guy to spec. Good stuff.

9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Beat the first boss... I dunno man. I like it. I'm having a blast.

10. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    post whore :winkiss:

11. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    This statement is true with or without the word "post"

Get Up And Go and finsgirlie like this.
  12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Fixed. :shifty:

13. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Ill wait till you get a bit more into the game. I have heard some really bad things about the game the demo was ok, I hate changing camera angles myself, but the big sites are saying its about a 75-78 score out of 100% great potential just not relaised..

Ive played alot of games where it was cool for 2-3 hours and than it falls flat into repatition or the stroy becomes so dumb...

I usally wait about 2-3 weeks anymore to get a game to read real reviews not 1 hour into stuff when your excited about it. Kinda like a new chick.. 2 weeks into it your stoked 6 months later your bored off your ace..

14. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    All i can say is the game cost me $30.00 (my son paid the rest) and he plays all nite long he loves it....

15. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I thought the demo was cool and the style was very impressive. I just don't think it will have replay for me so I'll probably rent it or get a buddy to gamefly and then borrow.

16. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The general vibe most reviewers seem to have is "This game should have been better since it took 10 years to make"

17. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    hrmmm......

....heard a lot of people say that this game will go the way of HAZE and be dropped in price sooner rather than later so I will wait a little bit...

I figure I WILL like it since I liked KUF: Circle of Doom and most reviewers hated it...although I waited for KUF and ended up getting it for 22 bucks so I'll problably do the same here.

18. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Yeah, I had some issues with the demo. The visuals were so-so and I felt the the animations weren't very fluid. I will be renting it here shortly to give it a better shot.

19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    So the game has been out for a little. How's the storyline?

20. TheMageGandalf

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Played it last night and I'll get into it a little more today.

First impressions are that it was terrible due to the controls. The camera + locking on to an enemy are BAD.

Its some of the worst combat I have ever experienced due to the frusterating inability to have your guy acurrately lock onto the enemy YOU want to destroy.

There are times where my guy (with enemies right in his line of sight) will not target lock and just spin around or do a 180 away from the target and fire aimlessly at nothing.

AFTER about an hour and a half though I started to get a little more comfortable with it and its somewhat fun.

I hate that there's no real issues with you dying. You die and in 30 sec your right back up as if nothing happened. At least the old school way of making you have to start the level over or have to start from a check point might seem frusterating but at least it makes me feel like "Hey, DONT DIE"...Here its like I could care less...just fight the Boss and when you die just come right back and keep hacking away...rinse, repeat.

The story seems OK. Its not what you'd expect in 'Earth' history whatever terms. Go into it thinking you know nothing about the Norse mytho's might actually help as its a twisting and arching spider web of computer cyber space, mixed with spiritual, mixed with real world mumbo jumbo. I kind of like it...but I have a feeling it might turn a lot of people off and they'll just skip through the scenes and just fight.

I am going to play some more tonight as I've got this game for about a week before I need to give it back.

21. TheMageGandalf

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    OK so after playing for about 6-7 hours into the game, not rushing through it or anything, I can say that the game is very mediocre due to the targeting/fighting problems.

The story seems cool enough, not everyone's cup of tea but its enough to entertain.

The customization is awesome as is the weapons/armor you find and you will find a lot.

The RPG elements in the skill tree's are a little bland. They aren't very in depth at all. It's not like you get to bump up your Strength or Stamina etc.

In the end, I'd forgive all of that if the targeting/fighting system would've been like say Ninja Gaiden 2 where you can string combo's with ease and the fighting is tough yet VERY GOOD even as your surrounded by enemies on all sides. Too many cheap deaths due to the targeting/fighting problems in this game and it gets to the point where it isn't frusterating, lame or even funny...it gets just flat out boring. Unfortunately for this game, the fighting is the main attraction of an Action RPG so with that being very 'bleh' thats half your game right there.

I give this game a 6.9 out of 10.

22. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i just played the demo..it seemed like a really cool premise. futuristic vikings...nice mix of using that period in history and mincing it with some futurama. i dont know about the gameplay, but i was curious if the story was injected enough throughout to keep me interested. Mor, you ever finish this? Mage, you made me think twice.

23. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

When I read the thread title I thought you stole my diary

24. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    bump....well....is it 20 bucks yet?

25. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    It got really repetitive about 10 hours in.... If you're into dungeon grinding and item whoring (Diablo players unite) you'll still enjoy it. But it's an alright game over all.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  26. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    how long does it take to finish? was the story good? did it stay strong?