1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dez Bryant Ruled Ineligible For Rest Of The Season

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by PerfectTeam, Oct 7, 2009.

1. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    NCAA | D. Bryant ruled ineligible for rest of season
    Wed, 07 Oct 2009 15:03:36 -0700

ESPNews reports Oklahoma State junior WR Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for the rest of the season because he failed to disclose information to the NCAA about a relationship with a former NCAA player.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Very interesting development for the all the people, myself included, who wants Bryant in the Fins uniform. I'll have to wait for more details, but still not good news for Bryant.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    This changes alot.

3. Bjorn

Bjorn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Maine
    Sure does. Now we can get him outside the top 10. I still think he is going to be a first round pick.

4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    If he decides to come out this year. I'm not entirely sure he does.

5. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007

I don't think it changes a great deal. He's going to miss what? 6 games? He hasn't been caught with drugs, he hasn't got a DUI or anything like that. His issue is over working out. He went to work out with Deion Sanders. GM's and scouts will note the issue, but essentially it will come down to the fact that Bryant was trying to better himself. He's an elite WR with outstanding speed, size and hands.

The bigger issue for the NCAA should be the role of Deion Sanders, who seems to becoming too big for his own boots. Sanders should know the rules. Prime U makes for interesting TV, but his handling of the Michael Crabtree situation was an embarrassment, especially for the NFL Network who employ him. Equally as embarrassing is the way that he advocates the continual payment of players in almost every highlight film he talks over.

He's everything that's wrong about professional sports in 2009.

Zanno, skippysphins and ssmiami like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If Bryant is perceived as being close to Sanders after the Crabtree fiasco as well as the Jets tampering investigation that could cost the Jets draft choices and fines, Bryant could be marked down if he declares for the 2010 draft.

GM's are oddly reluctant to draft headaches.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Boomer is exactly right as usual.
    This shouldn't really hurt his stock much at all.
    Agree with Deion keeping his nose out, but I also personally think this is a pretty big extreme by the NCAA.
    As somebody else mentioned in another thread, what Reggie Bush did was MUCH worse in regards to integrity, and the NCAA pretty much swept it under the rug.
    Hell that kid in Oregon might actually come back after punching a kidn and I think in some ways that is much worse.
    Really have to feel for OSU and its remaining players on this one, they are the ones that are gonna suffer on this deal

8. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Sign me up right now for Bryant to Miami.