1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter Season 8

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Jun 30, 2013.

1. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I don't have many expectations for this season. Just hoping I can root for Dexter again. Last season was tough.

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I honestly have no clue how this series is going to end, I too have high hopes for this season just hope I'm not disappointed as the seasons usually start out good then go back to the usual Dexter formula.

3. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Dexter has been fun to watch, but definitely getting repetitive.

This will help us all to get thru the off-season, so I welcome it.

4. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

So much of this. I hope the end is worth the wait.

5. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Yeah I love this show, glad its ending. I will enjoy the last 11 episodes

6. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Also, does Dexter not know how to send a text?

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  7. Colorado Dolfan

Deb obviously doesn't have a texting plan... :shifty:

8. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Everyone is going down.

9. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Deb saying "GO" is going to screw everything up. What a idiot.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Question: Doesn't Quinn know about Dexter because of the private investigator he hired in Season 5 (I believe) because Quinn suspected Dexter in the Rita murder and Dexter ended up killing the PI to help Quinn out? I'm almost positive Quinn is aware of it yet it's never been brought up or mentioned in the series again. Kind of weird how they would drop/forget a storyline like that.

Anyway the first episode wasn't too bad, I was surprised by the twist at the end as I thought the "brain killer" was going to end up being the British woman.

11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    What's the over/under on how many times Deb says, "get the **** away from me Dexter!" this season?

500?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

muscle979 and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Dexter bailed him out when he was found with the PI's blood on his shoe. That's why he's let it go. Quinn is not the type to go on some righteous crusade for justice. He only has reason to suspect that Dexter may have killed Rita and probably killed the PI who was a pain in his *** anyway. He doesn't know Dexter's a serial killer or the Bay Harbor Butcher.

On a side note - How in the hell do you not take down a tag number and call the cops if some dude stops you on the road and halfway strangles you for cutting him off? Dexter was even sitting there in his truck for a minute afterwards. Plenty of time for the guy to get his info. Despite all of the things I love about the show things like that irritate me a little bit. And who's able to keep a job while randomly leaving all of the time in the middle of the day? It's like they really don't even need him in Miami Metro.

Finfangirl and Ray Finkle like this.
  13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I might have to go back and rewatch that season because I could have sworn Quinn knows Dexter is a serial killer. I could be wrong though. I just thought once Dexter saved his butt with the PI he decided to drop it and not bring it up again. Of course even if Quinn knows Dexter just killed the PI, you'd think once Maria started looking at Dexter as a potential Bay Harbor Butcher suspect he would have said something after she was killed.

On another side note, I guess we're to assume Dexter/Deb covered up the murder by making it look like the guy Dexter killed shot her? I mean you'd think they would have run a test on the bullet to see if it matched the gun etc.

14. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    One ending I'm afraid of is Deb having to kill Dexter. For some reason, I feel like that's the ending we're gonna get somehow.

Colorado Dolfan and Firesole like this.
  15. jhonvills

jhonvills New Member

Jul 5, 2013
    This show is really to good and i love to watch this show when i ever have free time.I am waiting for Dexter Season 8 i love to watch this show....................

16. Colorado Dolfan

Theories I've heard:

1. Maybe Dexter will realize he is just as evil as (if not more evil than) the evil people he has killed and finish himself off.

2. Harrison ends up in the same situation Dexter was as a child, covered in the blood of his parent, adopted by a police officer (Deb?) and eventually taught the Code when the police officer realizes all that can be done about the bloodlust is to focus it... Hello spinoff series! ;)

17. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I may be incredibly wrong, but I have a feeling Vogel is the psychopath.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  18. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I said that to my brother last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I actually thought that as soon as they introduced her character. I think she's going to turn up to be the killer however the twist will be that she's doing the kills to try and "cure" Dexter or something like that.

Either way her character is definitely good for the show so far as Dexter finally has a motherly figure in his life.

Here's a thought I had, if she knows the killer is dropping the brain part at her doorstep why doesn't she just put a small spy camera by her house so she knows who the killer is?

20. jhonvills

jhonvills New Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Yes I think you are right most i enjoyed the Dexter Season 3 this season may have the great fun........I like Season 3 more rather then the others.........

21. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Because that would be logical. Dexter season 1-4 were great, 5,6,7 was a different story

22. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I really think if Dexter went 6 seasons and cut out a lot of the bs in between season 4 and now it would have been really good. They totally could have cut out the Julia Stilles and Colin Hanks seasons. After Rita died just have Dexter go on a killing binge and have Deb find out about him it would have been so much better instead we just got more of the same just with different actors.

23. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    My issue us that Dexter is the only good character. Deb is just boring. At least someone like LaGuerta kept the tension up, though minor.

The characters are just beyond tired at this point. You know exactly what Quinn, Masuka and Angel are going to do/say all the time!

A show gets bad when you feel like you are writing the lines in your head as the show goes on.

It sucks to admit it.

One thing I will say is that I never really tired of the different killers and bad guys Dexter took out. I'm still a sucker for the music and narration and psycho stuff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

24. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    The opening scene with Harrison was hard to watch. Overkill of born in blood theme. Talk about beating a dead horse. Also I hated the whole cannibalism scene. Thought it was a stretch. Other then that and the fact that they still don't realize they should install security cameras , I enjoyed the episode.

25. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    36 minutes into this episode and it's boring me. The last season is fizzling so far IMO.

26. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Yes.This has been the first season where I am seeing myself beginning to lose interest.Its time to wrap this series up.It has been a good run.

27. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Totally agree. This is becoming as painful as watching Brett Favre attempting one more comeback season. It's annoying b/c I almost feel like I'm cheating on the show for not wanting to give it my undivided attention when it's on. LOL. Now I'm just waiting for the season to end so I can have proper closure for all my years spent watching it. If not, it wouldn't have enough legs to stand up on its own merit IMO. The supporting characters are pretty boring, and midway through the final season isn't such a hot time to delve into further character development stuff like Quinn's potential promotion and Masuka's kid showing up. It makes for a nice distraction but what's the point really when the show's gonna be over?

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  28. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I started to lose interest since season 5 disappointment. This season I am actually likening the story. Thought tonight's episode was good only problem is I do wish it wraps up though. I mean I see previews for next weeks episode I just go, here we go again and roll my eyes. This should be the final acts and we get filler for Atleast 3 more episodes

29. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Dexter is amazing with directions

30. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I actually haven't minded this season so far and I'm usually very criticial of the writing and the old formulas the show goes in. Of course I had to roll my eyes when Deb and Dexter are now ok and everything is fine between them after spending how many episodes of them being at odds. I thought for sure they would have spent a few episodes of Dexter hating Deb for the car thing making Dexter an unlikeble character so if/when he gets killed/arrested the viewer would have already turned against him.

I honestly have zero clue how the series is going to end but the previews for next week look promising especially with Quinn confronting Dexter about the son and his line "I know what you're doing". I'm starting to think Quinn is going to be the one to expose Dexter and threaten to bring him in (so he can get the Sgt. position), perhaps Deb is again put in the middle ala the LaGueda situation and has to again choice between Dexter or Quinn.

31. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Hey Dexter, Make Your Own Kind of Music is LOST song, not yours... Unless its a tie-in and maybe Desmond is the brain surgeon. Its to predictable to be Vogel, no? And if Quinn killed Casie then thats a stupid twist. Jaime? Again makes no sense if true. No way Jaime would kill Cassie to get Quinn promoted. No way Quinn would kill Casie to set up Zach so he gets his guy. I assume its the boyfriend. Only thing that makes sense. They say that the killer most likely knew Casie, so that boyfriend makes sense.

32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I thought Dexter found Zack's blood under her finger nails, no? I assumed it was the boyfriend if not Zack. But it also could have been Vogel. Hell I don't know. This show is getting hard to watch, I just want it to end. It's definitely time. There's just a million storylines going on that I simply don't care about.

33. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    He did but he realized he was set up.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  34. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks for letting me know, I most have zoned out for a bit. Yeah I think it's Vogel then. Maybe trying to see what Dexter would do. I can't see it being Quinn.

35. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Vogel seems the obvious choice to be the brain surgeon atleast. To obvious if you ask me, unless the writers don't think so and think people will be shocked, kinda like last year when the professor was dead the whole time. Could have killed Cassie too to see if dexter would kill zach but they said she knew the killer. Boyfriend is the only likely guy here that would do such a thing but even that's a stretch. I have a feeling I'm not going to like who we find out are the killers. But to be honest I'm done with this show pretty much. I can't wait to it to be over and honestly I feel like they are giving the fans a terrible send off. We are not going to get the epic ending it deserves. Maybe because they want to do a spin off or something. Dexter deserves a dark ending but we may see him and Hannah live happily ever after and him realizing his love is more important then killing. I hope I'm wrong though

36. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think it almost has to be Vogel, to tie everything together with her being Dexter's creator and perhaps ender.

37. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    good point! Could be she wants to put down the monster she created. Or that she wanted Dexter to help her kill her accomplices and then she will kill him. Maybe Deb is next

38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'd be very surprised if Deb died. I bet you'll see a major character die before the end of the series, my money was on Zack offing Quinn for getting to close to arresting him thus giving Dexter a reason to get revenge on Zack and giving Deb motivation to rejoin the Miami PD.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Dexter is going to end in a Full House way where everyone is happy and just living life like they normally do.

39. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Honestly how it ends isn't that important to me. I've enjoyed the series more often than not, how they decide to wrap it up isn't a huge deal. I think they might kill Hannah. I can't imagine Deb dying. I could see Dexter himself dying before that. I still have no idea what the plan is for Quinn. Just when you think he's going to become an antagonist to Dexter again, he doesn't.

40. Colorado Dolfan

My wife has a theory:

The brain surgeon is someone who is supposed to be dead yet isn't... Won't go into further details, but keep watching...

I will ruthlessly mock her if she is wrong. ;)