Deshaun Watson...

7 replies

DAdanmarinoSupporterOP
Sep 27, 2017, 10:59 PM

Just earned himself not only some good karma, but a life long fan.

“Deshaun Watson gives first game check to colleagues affected by hurricane

If you didn’t already like Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, prepare to change your mind.

Watson recently gave his first game check to a trio of team cafeteria workers whose lives were turned upside down by the recent flooding from Hurricane Harvey.

The video posted by the team’s official websiteshows Watson taking in three envelopes to the women, and explaining the purpose of his visit.

“For what y’all do for us every day and never complain, I really appreciate y’all,” Watson tells them. “So I wanted to give my first game check to y’all, to help y’all out in some type of way. . . . Hopefully that’s good to help y’all get back on your feet and anything else you all need, I’m always here to help.”

—Per PFT

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2017, 01:01 PM

Class act. He was given a great example early on when Warrick Dunn paid off his family's home.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2017, 01:19 PM

I like what I have seen so far from his last two games... kind of reminds me of his first year in Clemson, trying to get feel for the speed with flashes of brilliance. If he develops well, the Texans are taking over their division for a long time.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Oct 1, 2017, 09:02 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

I like what I have seen so far from his last two games... kind of reminds me of his first year in Clemson, trying to get feel for the speed with flashes of brilliance. If he develops well, the Texans are taking over their division for a long time.

They put up a 60 burger today (I think it was actually 59). He seems legit, and I really hope he does well.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Oct 1, 2017, 09:05 PM

"MikeHoncho wrote:

Class act. He was given a great example early on when Warrick Dunn paid off his family's home.

Dunn started a project where he actually buys homes for singles parents. Last I heard he had purchased over 150 homes. He does this in the memory of his mother, who was shot and killed while on duty as a police officer. He's another great guy you hear nothing about.

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Oct 14, 2017, 03:25 PM

Always been a big fan of his. I am glad he is looking good in the NFL. I will never forget the national championship he won (and should have won 2).

FinatikFinatikStaff
Nov 2, 2017, 05:26 PM

The Texans fear Deshaun Watson suffered a torn ACL and are waiting on an MRI to confirm the diagnosis, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Watson has been the best rookie in the league this year and potentially even and MVP candidate. He has turned a moribund Texans offense into the highest-scoring offense in the league, and he’s done it in thrilling fashion, making highlight-reel plays with his arm and his legs.

And now that incredible rookie year may all be over. We may not see Watson on the field again until the 2018 season.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Nov 2, 2017, 06:21 PM

Damn, feel bad for him. The NFL needs more players like him.