1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver's Defense Really Sucks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Oct 26, 2008.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm already excited for next week!!!! And I can't wait to see what we can do to a really crappy defense!!!

Denver Defensive Stats
    Total Defense (yards): #30
    Pass Defense #28
    Rush Defense: #30
    Average points for opponent: 27.9 (#28)

Silverphin likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I hope we can even up our record again. I think we can be a 9-10 win team, and if those are divisional wins maybe we can be in the playoff chase.

3. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Mike Shanahan is alot like Andy Reid after bye's. He's very difficult to beat. I'm not saying that Denver's defense will be great, but they've had time to work on fundamentals, get healthy a bit, and to gameplan for us. I don't think we'll go out there and score 30+ like some are predicting. I still think we struggle in the redzone at times and we make a miscue of some sort to stall drives to score those kind of points on a consecutive basis.

I think our offense will be able to move the ball though. My fear is how in the world are we going to stop that passing offense? We've got to put pressure on Cutler--the only way.

4. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    There's a lot to discuss!!! I haven't been this excited about my Dolphins since Ricky ran for 1850 yards. What was that, five years ago!?!?!?

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I have no expectations for this game. Denver can light it up, and thats a long flight. They can really lay an egg too though. Should be fun !

6. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I don't see how it benefits us. We aren't a grind it out three yards and a cloud of dust type team right now. I know we want to be and we strive to be, but we are doingmore damage with the intermediate passing game than any other type of offense right now. And even with that being true, Chad's passes look like dead ducks being tossed around the field. The last thing we need is him having to throw with the elements fighting him as well.

Having said that...I love snow games from the visual aspect. :hi5:

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  7. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Any given Sunday. I hope we can beat them, but we have to play smart and penalty free. They are still a good team and they play good at home.

I'm still on the high of todays win.:up:

8. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    Hold your breath guys! It's always tough to play at mile high...and their defense might not be so good but their offense is powerful...let them think we're already toasted...as a couple years ago

9. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Lets keep in mid that they do have some very good corners on their team and that Pennington threw a few ducks out there that could have been picked. Their defensive line is an issue, but Elivis Dumerville is better than you think.

Ginn's big day will have to be backed up with at lest 50 yards next week for us to get the win IMO.

10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I would like to see how we stop Marshall too. That guy is a super stud. We really didn't stop Evans today as he has over 100 yards receiving. Marshall is bigger and much more physical. He is going to be a matchup nightmare really.

11. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Maybe tomorrow he'll slip on a McDonald's bag next to his teevee!

12. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

eddie royal looks fantastic, too. the baileys are out..

i hope pennington picks them apart and ronnie runs them over.

more importantly I hope our D can produce like we just did again.

13. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    how the heck did the pats stop them?

14. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I got club level seats for this game.....FREE:tongue2:

15. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Congrats!

We want a detailed report.

16. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    :up:
    I'll try to upload a few pictures. I'm taking my friend and she hates football, BUT she told me about 2 months ago that if I got tickets to this game she would go.:yes:

Denver fans are pretty cool, never really had an issue with them in the three games that I've been to.

17. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    They injured Cutler's throwing hand.

The Broncos defense is atrocious and I wrote this in another post but I think Miami will have close to 250 yards rushing. If NE can run for 250 with Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk and BenJarvis Green Ellis then Miami can certainly do the same with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Their pass defense sucks as well.

18. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Also, Mr. Joey Porter is coming home.:shifty:

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Dumerville struggles an awful lot. I think Jake should be able to handle him. Dre' Bly, in my opinion, is the worst starting Cornerback in the NFL. He's giving up 70% completion rate to Quarterbacks and he struggles against fast(er) receivers. He's going to be matched up against Ted Ginn. Ginn isn't great but if he plays half of what he did today, he'll be good. Bailey is out as well.

Their defense is awful as a whole. Good God, I have never seen a worse defense on video/film. They're putrid. They can't tackle, much like us, they're LBers run away from the ball carrier which I still don't understand, they're defensive front is just not very good and they have no talent in the secondary. However! If the Broncos defense shows up from the Tampa game, we'll be toast. Every game (aside from the Tampa one), they read and react horribly. In that Tampa game though, they displayed good pursuit of the ball carrier. It'll be interesting to see which defense shows up.

Regarding covering Brandon Marshall, I think we will have to put Jason Allen on him at some point.

Overpowered 4 of 5 of their linemen and blitzed.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  20. calfishman

calfishman Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Denver has an extra week to recover, game plan and work on fundamentals. Miami needs to really work on tackling and have another practice like they raved about last week. Curiously, Sparano gave the team a victory day off with the team getting Monday and tuesday off and not meeting until wednesday.

That seems very unParcells. I guess Sparano really is running this team. Maybe they do need a day off but I worry this will come back to bite em.

21. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    I was at Mile High for the Jags game recently. Their crowd was VERY loud and pumped up...until after the opening kickoff. They know their D is horrible and Cutler makes his fair amount of mistakes (still good though.)

I think if Miami's D shows up and plays like they did against Buffalo, NE, and San Diego then we can beat them and just about anyone else for that matter.

22. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado

What is Jason Allen going to do against Brandon Marshall?:no:

23. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Denver's capable of blitzing the passer though. They suck at run defense, but in that Monday night game they got to Cassell for 5 or 6 sacks, I believe.

I wasn't aware that Bailey was out, that certainly makes things easier for us and opens up the whole field for us.

I think that the Denver defense, in a lot of respects, is built on the same principles of New England's defense. Ronnie went nuts in the Patriots game, I expect to see a lot of the same principles put to use against Denver.

To that end, we didn't see a lot of the Wildcat today. I believe that was by design - we're saving up the new stuff for Denver next week.

It also seems like we've been saving Ronnie up for a big game. He's had a much lighter load these last few games than compared to the New England and San Diego games.

There really isn't a good way to stop Denver's passing attack. Cutler isn't rattled by the blitz, and Brandon Marshall is playing like a young Terrell Owens, with the attitude to match. We're going to have to rely on Porter to get pressure on Cutler, which I think can be done, and for someone - whether it's Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Jason Allen, or some hybrid conglomerate - to slow down Marshall in our secondary.

Let's face it though, the only real way to slow down Denver is to keep them off the field. That's why I expect to see us go ball control, with a heavy does of Ronnie in the Wildcat, against a weak Broncos defense.

24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he's physical enough and has the tools to matchup with him. Do I think it will work? Probably not. :lol:

The Patriots offensive line has struggled this year and Cassel holds the ball too long in my opinion.

OT: Anybody see Singletary's first PC? Love it.

Possibly. Good point.

Agreed.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  25. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I loved the Singletary press conference. He flashed the same intensity I used to see from him when he was a player back in the day. Loved it.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    " Number one! We got to hit them in the mouth."

"Number two! We are not a charity. We can't give them the game."

:lol:

I love this guy and I hope he becomes a successful head coach.

27. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I love that he had the stones to send Vernon to the showers early. If the Front Office has any backbone, Davis finds himself on the unemployment line come Monday.

I also read that Singletary, while walking off the field today, apologized to the fans for the team's anemic performance.

Class act guy, high character. It's obvious that he's got the intangibles to be a great head coach.

28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Absolutely. I was just watching it on NFLN. Vernon Davis comes to the sideline and shrugs off the taunting penalty he received. Singletary talks to him and Davis doesn't say much. Davis gets up and starts walking back to the watch the game and Singletary calls him and says "grab your helmet. We're better off without you." He did apologize in the PC. It was the first thing he said. He then said they needed to execute for 60 minutes. He benched J.T. O'Sullivan after a fourth down pick-six.

29. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    No need to talk stuff about Denver yet lets enjoy the win

azfinfanmang likes this.
  30. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree, but I live out here in Bronco land.:wink2:

31. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I am looking for ROnnie Ricky Ted and Chad Pennington to go off this game

32. phinman13

phinman13 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Aurora, CO
    Shanahan is so over rated and so are the Broncos. They should be 2-5. They are ranked 30th against and thats when Champ was healthy. I will be at the game and I look for Chad the shred the secondary and Ricky & Ronnie to run wild. Dolphins 31 Broncos 23:up:

33. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    something else stinks....

oh, its this thread....

...and it stinks of bad karma good sir!!! :lol:

no really i hope they stay this bad for our game. our offense was really clicking against the bills and hopefully wee can do the same against a worse defense.

if it means anything, i'm 0 for 7 in my before-the-season dolphins game picks. and i picked the bronco's for this game, so i guess that means we stand a pretty good chance!

34. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    eh, and buffalo was 5 for 6 against us in the past 3 years. and we had just gone 26 games without an opening drive TD. and until this week ted ginn had never topped 174 yards receiving. this is a year to go against the grain, rattle some cages, and turn some heads

35. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    This thread isnt very respectful to any Broncos fans that may visit during the week. Let's try to maintain a friendly, approachable status among our rivals. Catching a bad rep as a site is not something a young site like ours needs.

slickj101 and pennphinfan like this.
  36. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    this coming from a pats fan... :pity:

37. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    defying all odds

....Go Pats!!!

38. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

But Cassell holds on to the ball too long. Pennington knows how to get rid of it much quicker. No way Denver repeats that type of sack performance against us.

39. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I have a feeling this will be all over the Denver forums

GISH likes this.
  40. FiN.in.RI

FiN.in.RI Paul pierced through..

Dec 3, 2007
    the Heart
    This will be a very tough game.
    On a very high level:
    Given the extra time Shanahan has had to prepare, the way they were embarrassed in NE and in addition to us playing on the road........ I will be surprised if we win.