Dennis Prager & Sam Harris Discuss Religion

4 replies

maynardmaynardNew MemberOP
May 26, 2010, 01:02 AM

series of 4 consecutive youtube cuts from prager's show. harris is a famous non-believer and prager is a practicing Jew and apparently gives a lot of lectures on judaism and religion in general

it addresses a lot of the larger questions people have with religion

two really smart guys that differ. its a great exchange. i particularly like the second video. enjoy:

YouTube- Dennis Prager & Sam Harris debate Religion (1 of 4)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Aug 28, 2010, 05:28 PM

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

maynardmaynardNew Member
Sep 5, 2010, 12:40 AM

at least someone responded lol

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

Sep 5, 2010, 09:58 AM

I am out of town and have limited/intermittant access to a computer. I indeed to view these when I get home.

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 5, 2010, 10:10 AM

I thought Ben Stiller was Jewish.

I like how the host goes all O'Reily and hogs 80% of the time. I'm surprised there wasn't more yelling over the guest every time he started on a thought. Gotta love how every time the guest is about to make a point, the host changes the question.

I happen to like people of faith very much. Unfortunately people like the host with his unrelenting desire to trap a person in an almost insipid line of questioning make it real hard to have a discussion and it's understandable how they can get on people's nerves.

That said, this was a very good listen.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.