1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demoted Wilford doesn't want to be left in reserve

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Aug 16, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Surprising to anyone on this board at this point ?? One thing that Parcells cronies (sp) dislike is stupid mistakes and errors like drops, penalties, etc...So his being demoted is certainly not unexpected...

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wilford needs to be quiet and catch the blankety Football, then he would not be a reserve....

He's a veteran, and he has played well in the past, demoting him may be the only way to motivate him.

FinsPensFan likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he will be fine coming regular season to be honest. He has dropped the ball during his time in Jacksonville so its not that surprising. However, I didn't think he would struggle this much. Like the article mentions, he is not a quick player. A guy who runs a 4.79 and has a bad case of the drops (atm) is not a good thing. I do expect him to pickup his game and insert himself in to the lineup come regular season though.

Off-topic but you have to love what Sparano is doing. All the struggling players that we have/had this off-season have all stated that Sparano had a talk with them about him being confident in their abilities. I love when he or a staff member talks to the players. We all heard Parcells come down to the field and talk to Hagan and Daniels about their hands. Hagan now has learned to catch the ball (about time eh?). Lets just hope that this confidence that is brought by Sparano helps these struggling players produce when it matters.

5. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I am just glad to hear that FINALLY a player has to go out and EARN a starting spot instead of just relying on being a VETERAN and knowing that the coach will LET him start because of that. This team will become better FASTER if this is the case and it CONTINUES to be the case. I would not care if we started 22 rookies if they had gone out and EARNED it on the field. Bout time...................even if it is for motivational purposes

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I love that hagan has beat him out, i dont care if we gave him a big contract, thats irelands fault, a mistake by our front office if this guy doesnt see the field, personally i want ginn hagan and bess to be our starting three.

mullingan and CrunchTime like this.
  7. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    ...so what does the WR FA list look like again next season? :shifty:

I've never been a big Wilford fan, and have yet to see Hagan have any consistency throughout the regular season. I'm hoping Bess atleast makes the team.

8. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Bess will be the starting slot receiver tonight so I think he is a lock to make the team right now.

Phinperor likes this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Then perform.

10. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Count me as one of the surprised. I think he started slow and will come on as preseason continues. I think this is a Parcells motivational move done to get Wilford to get his head out of his @@@ and start taking camp seriously. We'll see if Wilford steps up to the challenge

11. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan New Member

May 3, 2008
    With the bonus he got, it would be really hard to swallow cutting him. Of course, we have a ton of cap room so eating that money would actually be feasible, if not desirable. I hope he gets it together. He's a big target and I think brings more than Kircus or Camarillo when he plays well.

12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I hope you are right. I bought into the hype, and hoped this guy would really help our WR's... turns out he's done nothing but set us back. Especially with that $6m signing bonus... ouch.

Sure hope he takes his demotion as motivation... but even after tonights game, only what... 1 catch for 5 yards... and I believe a drop or two... It doesnt seem to be working..

im really starting to think, we may see this guy not making our final roster... which is a really, really big disappointment IMO